Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:48 AM

236 posts, read 442,057 times

Advertisements

I have no objection to sex. ed in schools what my objection is the content. A peson can educate children on the ramifications of sex, growth changes, contraceptives, and STD's. I do have a problem in explaining to kids about anal sex, oral sex, water sports(LOL), etc. I do not feel there is a need to go into graphic details about these types of sex acts. On a side note though, all schools, I beleive require parental permission for a child to atternd a sex ed. class. They also allow anyone to look at the curriculum that is going to be used. It is up to the parent to decide whether their child can attend or not. Thankfully my kids were not exposed to graphic literature.
Lastly, I must not be very educated because I do not know what water sports or Fistback is either. I need to go back through sex ed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 11:29 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
The problem you run into is that fully educating kids about STDs and sex INCLUDES talking about anal sex and oral sex.

What if they just teach your kids about STDs, penis-in-vagina sex, birth control, condoms, and other contraceptives. Not a bad sex ed class.

So then some punk kid comes along and tells your daughter that she can't catch an STD if they do it anally. Well, she believes him. (No offense at your hypothesized daughter's intelligence.) Then she gets an STD.

Is that a good education?

Not to mention that bypassing other forms of sex completely alienates wide segments of the non-exclusively heterosexuals.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:41 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I guess some people think if someone says "if you stick your finger in that light socket it will shock you" ..........you should go ahead and try it. Some "quirks" are not only dangerous they are prone to disease. But h*ll they are just kids why should we respect or care about them..
Thank you for insulting my intelligence. Do not put words into my mouth. Just because one encounters something new (in any area of life) doesn't mean they have to do it. That's YOUR illogical conclusion, not mine. If your kids follow what's in these pamphlets we're talking about, is it the pamphlet's fault (and its distributors) or could it be that it would ultimately be your fault for letting the pamphlet have more parental power than you?

To infer that I don't care about kids is the lowest blow you've delivered my way. As I've written before, children adore me, they flock around me because I care deeply about them and I will let them be themselves without judgment. I elevate myself to their level and they respect me for treating them as equals. (Yes, citigirl, some gay men are great with kids). I don't subject them to paranoia or set a bad example by using punitive behavior when it is not warranted. I definitely won't pass my prejudices onto our youth. Based on your many posts on this and other subjects, I would indeed protect my children from your prejudice just as I'd protect them from other things which they need not replicate.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 10-20-2007 at 11:52 AM..

Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Personally I do not think kids need to be taught about water sports and other deviant sex acts as part of sex education and that is where it is headed and has happened.
Wow. I'm starting to feel really naive here. Who would have thunk a liberal existed that didn't have knowledge about so called "deviant sex" acts. What the heck are water sports? Oh and I really really do not want to know what Fistgate is. I wonder if this thread is a case of "thou doeth protest too much"?

Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Wow. I'm starting to feel really naive here. Who would have thunk a liberal existed that didn't have knowledge about so called "deviant sex" acts. What the heck are water sports? Oh and I really really do not want to know what Fistgate is. I wonder if this thread is a case of "thou doeth protest too much"?
OK, here's a deviant to the rescue

(My definitions may be different from Citygirl's, but I think they'll be close)

Watersports are essentially pissing on someone else for sexual pleasure (also called 'golden showers')

I don't know what event Fistgate refers to but I would guess it is in reference to fisting which is essentially inserting a large portion of your hand (or the whole thing) into either an anus or vagina (legally it becomes fisting when the thumb makes it in too, although most folks probably would consider 4 fingers in to the knuckles basically the same thing)

I think that stuff like that are things that are talked about a lot and are referred to in movies quite a bit but are not very common (kinda like randomly meeting 2 hot chicks and having a threesome 5 minutes later)

I would guess that if they were part of a sex-ed course it would be along the lines of "here's what diseases you can catch from getting pissed on" and your body is not a purse that you can shove everything into and "at some point your vagina or rectum will tear".

Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post

Watersports are essentially pissing on someone else for sexual pleasure (also called 'golden showers')

I don't know what event Fistgate refers to but I would guess it is in reference to fisting which is essentially inserting a large portion of your hand (or the whole thing) into either an anus or vagina (legally it becomes fisting when the thumb makes it in too, although most folks probably would consider 4 fingers in to the knuckles basically the same thing)

I think that stuff like that are things that are talked about a lot and are referred to in movies quite a bit but are not very common (kinda like randomly meeting 2 hot chicks and having a threesome 5 minutes later)

I would guess that if they were part of a sex-ed course it would be along the lines of "here's what diseases you can catch from getting pissed on" and your body is not a purse that you can shove everything into and "at some point your vagina or rectum will tear".
Um, thanks? LOL

Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Moreover, studies show that heterosexual sex includes anal and oral sex among adults and adolescents. And furthermore, if we look at cultural differences, anal and oral sex is the preferred pre-martial solution to retaining virginity (in females).

So...conundrum..who are we educating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
The problem you run into is that fully educating kids about STDs and sex INCLUDES talking about anal sex and oral sex.

What if they just teach your kids about STDs, penis-in-vagina sex, birth control, condoms, and other contraceptives. Not a bad sex ed class.

So then some punk kid comes along and tells your daughter that she can't catch an STD if they do it anally. Well, she believes him. (No offense at your hypothesized daughter's intelligence.) Then she gets an STD.

Not to mention that bypassing other forms of sex completely alienates wide segments of the non-exclusively heterosexuals.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post

Quote:

I have a hard time believing that these are taught in schools. I could except the arguement on anal,oral and gay sex but this would not be exceptable. That is some sick stuff.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Well, thanks for the definitions, but inasmuch as you reference yourself deviant, I'll have to wait to hear how the OP defines these terms. Okay?

Quote:

Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:

And how might I ask do you know about these "Deviant" acts?? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies