Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Of course some men don't want women on the front lines. When their back home telling war stories to their non combat buddies they might have to admit some woman solder saved their ass because she was a better shot then the men were.

I also don't think women want to be on the front lines because they want to get laid. Most women don't have a problem finding a sex partners no matter where they happen to be.
The never mentioned fact is that quite a few female soldiers did quite well financially from our deployments due to the lack of indigeneous prostitutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
It is a bad idea, but there is a positive side. It will weed out the weaker women that don't want to go to combat but still want a career in the military. I saw it in the Navy back when I was in the service. Women loved the Navy, until they had to go to sea, for repeated tours, especially after they got married and had children. It made it much more fair for the men by treating women like men. So, go to combat, or get out.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
The never mentioned fact is that quite a few female soldiers did quite well financially from our deployments due to the lack of indigeneous prostitutes.
How do you know?

Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Someone is always going to be the weakest person in a group. Resentment will build when it becomes evident it is always the female.
Audie Murphy (MOH, DSC, Silver Star & OLC, LM, BSM, PH &2 OLC, French Legion of Honor, 2 Croix de Guerre (France), 1 Croix de Guerre (Belgium)) was 5'5 and 110 pounds.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
As a conservative I have no problems with women serving in a combat MOS, providing they are required to sign up with the Selective Service just like men, are drafted (if a draft is ever reinstated) just like men, and are required to undergo the exact same training as men. If not, then they are not only a danger to themselves, but also a danger to everyone else around them.

However, I serious doubt they will receive the same training as men. That is certainly not the case today. Women only have to meet half the physical requirements men must meet (at least in the Marine Corps), which is why they have separate boot camps.

Since Democrats are hypocrites when it concerns equality and utterly despise the military, I can only conclude that the reason for allowing unqualified women in combat MOS positions is to ensure more American military deaths, lower morale in the military, and make the military as ineffectual as possible.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Let's hear from the women instead of projecting our own feelings, shall we...?

Women in combat: Tammy Duckworth applauds Pentagon's decision to lift combat restrictions - chicagotribune.com
But I'm so in touch with my feelings.
I feel my feelings so intensely, I can't help but trying to reach out and touch your feelings with my feelings . . .

It makes me feel so, ummm - feelish

Old 01-23-2013, 06:43 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
So far I haven't read any good excuse about preventing women from serving in combat. They are the ones that saved Europe from Hitler since tens of thousands, if not much more, served in the Red Army that repelled Hitler's invasion

Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So far I haven't read any good excuse about preventing women from serving in combat. They are the ones that saved Europe from Hitler since tens of thousands, if not much more, served in the Red Army that repelled Hitler's invasion
There were few red army women on the front lines, this is a myth.

And I gave a reason that everyone ignored:

Men would be so busy chasing skirt and competing with other men for the few women around them, it'd destroy moral. Inevitably a couple men will be the lucky ones, the rest will hold grudges, showboat for the women, etc. If women are to serve, segregate.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
If women can carry 75 Lbs plus of body armor plus weapon/ammo and camel pack in 110 degree weather (all day and often thru the night) - then let them. Many men can't even do this, so I doubt the percentage of women will be very high that can. But, if they want the opportunity . . . well, here you go. For every woman who can make it, it may be one more man that lives or comes back not totally f&$*ed up. But, I would recommend a non-politically correct study be done on the effects this has on women (like they do for the men). It will be a good (if not sad) read.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nobody (AFAIK) is trying to pretend they're interchangeable... as a proud woman, I actually find that concept rather offensive. But if a woman can perform the duties, pass the physical tests, etc, she should have EQUAL rights to be in combat if she chooses. Why should men only get the option of trying? And don't give me that nonsense about "men not being able to focus around women," because that is basically a Sharia/Hasidic type of attitude - in other words, incredibly misogynistic and archaic. If a man (or woman) can't control their hormones in a combat situation, they have no place being there anyway.
So woman should have equal rights to be in combat if she chooses? That is not equal rights, can a minority man refuse to fight with out being put into the brigg or killed? if you put on the uniform you have agreed to defend your country, right? So how can a woman just choose combat if she wants? that is preferential treatment. Woman should be made to storm a Normandy beach and get shot up just like the men there should be no choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies