Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times

Advertisements

Half the women in San Fran look tougher than half the men. Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There were few red army women on the front lines, this is a myth.

And I gave a reason that everyone ignored:

Men would be so busy chasing skirt and competing with other men for the few women around them, it'd destroy moral. Inevitably a couple men will be the lucky ones, the rest will hold grudges, showboat for the women, etc. If women are to serve, segregate.
Frankly I don't think it's going to be as apocalyptic as some predict on here. These same people were saying that gay men were going to destroy the military, destroy moral, hasn't happened yet.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
If they end up getting raped? Well, once you go Arab, you....never shave?
What makes you think that rape by Arabs is something only women have to worry about? Have you not read Lawrence's Seven Pillars of Wisdom?

Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Frankly I don't think it's going to be as apocalyptic as some predict on here. These same people were saying that gay men were going to destroy the military, destroy moral, hasn't happened yet.
Gay men are still in the closet in the military. And quite frankly gay men won't come near to distracting straight soldiers as women. Do you know what your hormones do to you when you're in close quarters with a woman but not having sex with her for weeks , for months, maybe for years? Hell, not having sex period.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
As a conservative I have no problems with women serving in a combat MOS, providing they are required to sign up with the Selective Service just like men, are drafted (if a draft is ever reinstated) just like men, and are required to undergo the exact same training as men. If not, then they are not only a danger to themselves, but also a danger to everyone else around them.

However, I serious doubt they will receive the same training as men. That is certainly not the case today. Women only have to meet half the physical requirements men must meet (at least in the Marine Corps), which is why they have separate boot camps.

Since Democrats are hypocrites when it concerns equality and utterly despise the military, I can only conclude that the reason for allowing unqualified women in combat MOS positions is to ensure more American military deaths, lower morale in the military, and make the military as ineffectual as possible.
I was a female Marine and can attest to that. There were plenty of us that could and were able to pass the same standards as men but there were a majority that benefited from gender norming and would not have passed without it. Gender norming has been defended precisely because women would not serve in combat roles. However, if this is to change then gender norming but be eliminated as well. Ultimately this means a great deal less women will qualify for military service. Personally, I think that's the way it should be anyway.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Gay men are still in the closet in the military. And quite frankly gay men won't come near to distracting straight soldiers as women. Do you know what your hormones do to you when you're in close quarters with a woman but not having sex with her for weeks , for months, maybe for years? Hell, not having sex period.
So what you are basically saying is, it's not my fault I raped her. She made me rape her! Wow, way to sound like the imams of Saudi Arabia justifying forcing women to wear a hijab that way men won't be forced to rape women

But to answer your post, there's no raping going on in the International Space Station, and those men and women are stuck up there in very close quarters with virtually little privacy for months at a time.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
But to answer your post, there's no raping going on in the International Space Station, and those men and women are stuck up there in very close quarters with virtually little privacy for months at a time.
There are like 3 people up there lol! But if you believe that statement then let's desegregate prisons. Let's be gender blind and allow male inmates to share a cell with females.

What say you?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,450,481 times
Military to open combat jobs to women – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
... officials caution that “not every position will open all at once on Thursday.” Once the policy is changed, the Department of Defense will enter what is being called an “assessment phase,” in which each branch of service will examine all of its jobs and units not currently integrated and then produce a timetable in which it can integrate them.
And,

Quote:
The Pentagon has left itself some wiggle room, however, which may ultimately lead to some jobs being designated as “closed” to women. A senior Defense official says if, after the assessment, a branch finds that “a specific job or unit should not be open, they can go back to the secretary and ask for an exemption to the policy, to designate the job or unit as closed.”
That all sounds fine to me. Being strong - mentally, emotionally, physically - these things aren't gender-specific. And it's not like women serving in our military haven't been killed by enemy fire.

Quote:
Earlier this month, the Army opened the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment to women, and it has begun recruiting female pilots and crew chiefs. The Navy has put its first female officers on submarines in the past year, and certain female ground troops have been “attached” to combat units in Iraq and Afghanistan. More than 800 women were wounded in those wars, and at least 130 have died.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:05 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
So woman should have equal rights to be in combat if she chooses? That is not equal rights, can a minority man refuse to fight with out being put into the brigg or killed?
Combat role. There are tons of women taking part in combat, because the enemy is generally speaking smart enough to try and take the fight to logistics, C3, all the tasks that females are already taking on.

For a man to end up in a combat role - infantry, tanks, combat engineer - against his will is highly unrealistic. Those slots take dedication - less motivated people will either voluntarily take on attractive non-combat roles or involuntarily be assigned to depot duty in Oookaluk, Alaska, or somesuch.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
There are like 3 people up there lol! But if you believe that statement then let's desegregate prisons. Let's be gender blind and allow male inmates to share a cell with females.

What say you?
6, actually.

Are you insinuating there's no difference between prisoner scum and soldiers? One group is being punished, while the other is serving freely. You're still not convincing me, or pretty much anyone that shares your misogynistic views, that women serving in combat is a bad idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies