Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sounds like we would be smarter to try fixing that instead of blaming innocent people for something they had nothing to do with...
Pretty much the case. This whole gun debate is nerve-racking for me. Everyone is looking for the simple way out. There are some people who say "get rid of the guns". There are some people who have said "get rid of Blacks". Some people on this forum have said that, not on this thread, but on another thread.

One thing I've noticed is that no one has ever thought of gun control until the Sandy Hook massacre. Now everyone talks about it.

We need to look at "why" many people are committing acts of violence. There is no one solution to the problem because the violence is a symptom of much bigger problems in our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Who is saying she would be alive if she were carrying a gun? Sounds like a strawman to me.
The only ones in this thread saying that are well known CD gun grabbers........

other wise no one said that.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm stupid? I don't think so, but thanks for the personal insult. And again, sorry you don't understand.
Of course you don't think so, you have an agenda and you'll lie about what you can to push it. I fully understand, you clearly don't.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Pretty much the case. This whole gun debate is nerve-racking for me. Everyone is looking for the simple way out. There are some people who say "get rid of the guns". There are some people who have said "get rid of Blacks". Some people on this forum have said that, not on this thread, but on another thread.

One thing I've noticed is that no one has ever thought of gun control until the Sandy Hook massacre. Now everyone talks about it.

We need to look at "why" many people are committing acts of violence. There is no one solution to the problem because the violence is a symptom of much bigger problems in our society.
That is far from true..... all of it.....

For more than 50+ years and 70+ school shooting the grabbers have been after banning ALL guns...

Banning all guns won't work. Getting rid of blacks won't work either. (I am not familiar with what ever thread you are talking about either)

In Chicago it IS a black problem however, but that is shared with the real problem which is mental illness.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:43 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,968 times
A mistake that defines Chicago is the acceptance of gangs. Violence cannot exist in an area unless the people that live there want it and allow it. Stop the gangs. Stop the crime. Stop the violence. Stop the deaths. Simple.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Many of the teens with Pendleton at the time of the shooting were believed to be gang members and left the scene, authorities said.
What do gun laws have to do with this?

Don't hang out with gang members if you don't want to be shot.

Simple. Maybe we should ban gangs!

Oh wait...

Old 01-30-2013, 03:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course you don't think so, you have an agenda and you'll lie about what you can to push it. I fully understand, you clearly don't.
Actually no, you don't. Point out a lie I've said on here. You can't. Now move along.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That is far from true..... all of it.....

For more than 50+ years and 70+ school shooting the grabbers have been after banning ALL guns...

Banning all guns won't work. Getting rid of blacks won't work either. (I am not familiar with what ever thread you are talking about either)

In Chicago it IS a black problem however, but that is shared with the real problem which is mental illness.
This is the first time I'm hearing any rigorous debate about gun control in public.

And the thread I was talking about was this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-men-died.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/27620305-post646.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/27620422-post649.html

And this is MY assessment of the killing problem in Chicago. It is a problem that exists within the Black community, that affects Blacks more than anyone else. However, the problem that exists is a symptom of much bigger problems that exist. Alot of it is tied to gangs, drugs, lack of jobs, poor education, bad parenting, nihilism, and many other problems that many Blacks in inner city areas deal with. How do we know mental illness plays a role in every murder? We won't know that unless we can get a hold of every murderer.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Horrible tragedy.

And I agree, no additional measures are going to cure what can only be characterized as a disease.
Doesn't matter how many laws a particular city puts in place if, as was noted in the second post, guns can "walk" their way all around the country with abandon.
Not only that....many drugs are illegal...no one out there has any do they?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Not only that....many drugs are illegal...no one out there has any do they?
I don't have any.

As for the drugs, you have to ask some questions.

1) Why do some people sell drugs?
2) Why do some people use drugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies