Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
She was shot by a guy using a high capacity mag who was then subdued while changing magazines. Seems like her perspective on the issue based on personal experience is more relevant than most.
Laughner was using a handgun. I wonder why old Gabby hasn't mentioned that or anyone else?? Why hasn't anyone mentioned in this entire gun grabber frenzy anything about handguns which cause most of the "carnage" on the streets folks are crying and squealing about?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 AM

490 posts, read 650,470 times
I do. Why? Because she has been shot in the freaking head and because of that she CAN giver a perspective that, thankfully, not everyone can.

I'm a stroke survivor and I can give you a perspective on that event too. Guess what? I made lifestyle changes after I had my stroke.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
That's OK. The regressive radical right has shown they're perfectly ok with lots of killings. I think some of them secretly enjoy reading about these stories, to be honest.
People continue to get killed in countries where guns are banned. How can that be?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Sure, I do, she had a bullet forcefully injected into her brain without her consent.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I do. Why? Because she has been shot in the freaking head and because of that she CAN giver a perspective that, thankfully, not everyone can.

I'm a stroke survivor and I can give you a perspective on that event too. Guess what? I made lifestyle changes after I had my stroke.
What lifestyle change should she go through after being shot? Never go outside? Never leave the house? Stop being a public speaker............oops she isn't giving that up.

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
She was shot by a guy using a high capacity mag who was then subdued while changing magazines. Seems like her perspective on the issue based on personal experience is more relevant than most.
Know your details, the mag jammed. And it was a handgun so hopefully she isn't talking about the AWB ban. Next ...

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
BINGO!!!! Thanks for understanding what I've been trying to say. This should have been her main argument. Making sure that the EXISTING laws are followed before any new ones are added.
Thank you, for making sense which most people should follow. The existing laws are not being followed.

Why because criminals, gangbangers, burglars, rapists, drug dealers, druggies, etc, don't give a damn about 1 law or 500 laws, when they set out to murder, they are not thinking about any laws.

Just ask my 2 dead realitives, who died at the hand of thugs,. Oh they can't speak as the bastard who killed my cousin said, when a coward has it in him to muder someone, he will murder, and age sorry does not matter.

Believe me, they will never ever have a problem getting guns from what the 2 bit druggie had to say, that had to take an innocent life, way too early.

Guns is not the only problem here, when you have people willingly looking for people to kill, we have a serious problem, when you have children killing parents, and friends, cause they are mad at them, we have a serious issue. This whole gun fiasco is much more complex then it seems, guns is not the only answer here, what about the mental aspect of those who kill, and don't get medical treatment and assistance.

The person who kiiled my cousin was a drug user, in and out of jail, but seemed to also have some mental issues, just if maybe he had gotten that help he needed, i would have a cousin alive today.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
What if the progun lobby trotted out some gal that saved herself form a brutal rape useing a hand gun...What would the left be saying about her perspective?

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Laughner was using a handgun. I wonder why old Gabby hasn't mentioned that or anyone else?? Why hasn't anyone mentioned in this entire gun grabber frenzy anything about handguns which cause most of the "carnage" on the streets folks are crying and squealing about?
A handgun that he added a 30 round high capacity magazine to... and in case you've been in a coma, lots of people have been talking about high capacity magazines.

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
As long as the gun/criminal lobby has a chokehold on congress we`ll continue on this woeful path. I`m not qualified to write legislation nor is it my job but until these people get out of the way the future doesn`t look good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies