Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Is the Obama administration funding her group? Is the government writing her a check?

If you think she's being bought and sold by private supporters backing her group (because it's completely unreasonable that someone shot in the head by a crazy guy would speak out about about crazy guys having access to guns ) then don't you think it's just as reasonable to assume that the NRA is bought and paid for by the gun and ammo manufacturers, who stand to lose money if it's a tad harder to buy a gun? It works both ways, and the only skin Wayne LePierre has in the game is his lobbying paycheck from the NRA. Giffords is going to be dealing with the consequences of that shooting for the rest of her life.
Ah so if Obama isn't writing a check then everything is ok. There's no agenda at work.

Not "supporters". One man, $1 million and he's her Treasurer.

Money and power corrupt regardless of the party. It happens on both sides and way too many people don't see through it.

They got your loyalty hook, line and sinker. Doesn't matter what they propose; you'll back it up.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,217,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Raise your hand if you give a $%*# what AeroGuy has to say about guns.

Anyone??

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,312,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama, Biden and Gifford are coming across like there are no existing laws on guns and they have to put some in place so that the wrong people aren't getting guns.

That is pure propaganda to convince the people of "what they want".

Most people who don't have guns have no clue what's involved buying a gun.
They are being fed by the politicians and taking everything said as fact.

I see the talking points used as arguments and never beyond that because they have no knowledge of existing laws. They can only parrot what they are being told that they need.
I'll bet there is not one progressive here who can read and interpret your outstanding post.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM

Of course she's an expert. That $1 million donation and formation of her PAC on 1/10/2013 makes her so.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As long as the gun/criminal lobby has a chokehold on congress we`ll continue on this woeful path. I`m not qualified to write legislation nor is it my job but until these people get out of the way the future doesn`t look good.
I see that you are willing and able to combine criminals with all the legal gun owners in your attempt to make some sense to somebody other than yourself. Can you make an attempt to understand why progressives want to take away our guns?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM

23,594 posts, read 17,275,145 times
I want to hear what street gangs have to say about pending gun legislation........... not a legislator who will approve laws that impact citizens without having read or understood that legislation..

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
I want to hear what street gangs have to say about pending gun legislation........... not a legislator who will approve laws that impact citizens without having read or understood that legislation..
I'd like to hear testimony from police chiefs from gun ravaged cities.
What types of guns, what types of crimes, where are the guns originating from, what loopholes or flaws in the system they see, etc.

Forget the ATF...they are actually giving the guns away to the bad guys.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
People who've been impacted by a situation testify at legislative hearings ALL THE TIME. They do it at city council and county commission meetings, they do it on a state level, and they do it on a national level. It adds a valuable perspective to people making decisions vs. just listening to lobbyists yap at each other, trying to defend their "side" of the issue. If she was the only person testifying you might have a point, but they had plenty of "experts" there. She's an expert in dealing with the consequences of a mass shooting.

Some of you need to get a little common sense--96% of Americans think we need to have universal screening for gun sales, and well over 60% think we need to make some common sense reforms to other gun laws. Do you understand that a huge majority of REPUBLICANS don't agree with you, but this is the kind of talk that people are associating now with the party? Calling Gabbie Gifford names because she DARES to speak up after she was shot in the head by a nut during a mass shooting doesn't help your case--it just makes you look petty and mean. People in this country are sick of petty and mean.
Sick of petty and mean but not sick of trying to use little kids as an excuse to take all guns from "we the people". Oh yes, Feinstein did say all of them and if you have the ability to read her bill you can see that it could be interpreted by various judges to say all weapons of the shooting variety.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
How old are you?
I am a whole lot more years old than you are. Also, instead of constantly using the vernacular to describe lies (BS) like most do I long ago began using the name of one of the biggest liars I know of for that purpose. I could revert to using the words steaming pile of Pelosi if you would prefer.

BTW, I am one month and one half beyond 80. How about you?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,251,793 times
Quote:
there is a picture floating around of her speech, it was written by her tharapist. looks like something a first grader would do
Interesting comment. I wonder how anyone would talk, walk, and live life after they survived a gunshot wound to their head? A first grader? Maybe worse? Maybe you people who call her a puppet are cold, heartless, and callus?

Maybe the therapist knows what this particular gunshot victim can handle in speech after having worked with her and knowing how much damage was done to the victim's brain?

We'll let the armchair therapists take over now.

Sometimes when people have a stroke, it can seem like they're third graders because their brain to speech connection has been lost. Brain damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies