Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 AM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, I suppose you can say that some types of jobs just lend themselves to bringing out the worst in people. Like the farmer isn't necessarily a money obsessed, controlling person by nature, but successfully operating his farm requires him to act like a drillmaster. For someone to get $1 of profit in one industry might require acting a lot different than getting $1 in another industry. You can employ a high skilled person in pleasant conditions and make the same profit as you might need 10 manual laborers to produce. And the best way to get good work from that high skilled person is to make him happy at his job - you're interested in the quality of his work, not just the quantity. Whereas a day laborer's happiness is of no concern where simple productivity is the issue. A computer programmer who is treated well and happy in his job is going to write more and better software code. The end result is going to be a better product. The business has a financial incentive to treat the programmer well. But picking fruit is picking fruit. As long as the fruit gets from the tree to the basket, that's all that matters. The business has a lot less financial incentive to care about the happiness of the person who picked the fruit. There are a lot less skilled computer programmers around than poor uneducated people desperate for any job they can get.
At least you are understanding my point. Low-skill jobs are the jobs that are attracting illegal immigrants, and the persons in change of such often capitalize on cheap labor. The poor are often considered expendable, as are low-skilled workers. The margin of power is on the side of the person who makes the hiring decision.

And even in some high skill industries, some people still look for a cheaper source of labor. There was one worker who learned how to outsource his own work to China. He racked in over 100K a year outsourcing his work, while he sat in his office doing absolutely NOTHING. If a worker can do that, imagine what higher uo executives and owners could do.

While these jobs are not attracting illegal immigrants, there is the H1B visa program. It is being used to get cheap labor in the IT industry.

Over all, what I'm finding is that the worker in general, is being considered more and more expendable.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:34 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

What percentage of the Black population depends on tax dollars, the same tax dollars that most Blacks also pay? Not the majority.

Given that blacks compose roughly 17% of the population, they are grossly over dependent on welfare when 38% of TANF recipients are black.

Also, given the lower personal income for blacks, your contention that "most" of them pay taxes to the federal government (which subsidizes welfare programs) is arguably incorrect.

Quote:
More Whites are on welfare than any other population in the USA, in total numbers. Blacks might commit more crimes, but they also are more likely to get caught and prosecuted for those crimes.
If you want to be intellectually dishonest, and claim that total numbers are more important to this subject than per capita, there is no need for further debate. Of course the total numbers of whites would be much higher given that whites are a majority in this nation. An honest assessment would be the per capita numbers, and in that number, you will see blacks are as a group suck up exponentially more welfare dollars than any other race.

Also keep in mind that in a large number of federal statistics, hispanics are included as whites.

Quote:
If you want to cut the costs, get rid of certain drug laws.
. I totally agree, not to mention the unconstitutionality of drug laws.

The epidemic of a lack of personal responsibility in the black community is a growing cancer, and one that shows no signs of slowing down and reversing its course. The staggering number of single mother households and the poverty it leads to is indicative of a huge problem, and little is being done to address the issue. Add in the always handy race card (it's the white mans fault blah blah blah), and an unemployment rate that is almost double the national rate, and you will see the cause for the majority of problems in the black community.

Quote:
So what you are essentially saying is that you want ME, my whole family and basically every Black person kicked out of this nation?
I believe, and the numbers support my opinion, that the U.S. as a whole would be much better off without blacks in it. It isn't a case of "I hate blacks and want them all gone", and in fact skin color has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it is whites, blacks, browns, greens, yellows, or purple....there is little to no net benefit to the country by having them in it. The negatives far outweigh the positives in this case.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Ugly

Old 03-05-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Well your opinion would be wrong.

In fact, my social circle of friends and acquaintances looks like the proverbial United Nations meetings. Your contention that I do not recognize individuals is flat out wrong, but that is another topic. Hell, my best man at my wedding who I would consider my best friend, is a black man from London. Even he takes issue with "african americans".

That being said, what is the demonstrable benefit from having blacks in America?
I've heard that "my best friend is black" line before. I'm not falling for it.

Blacks have served this nation as much as anyone else. Blacks went to the front lines and were willing to die for this nation, even when this nation had not treated them so well. And think about this. Alot of wealth early was built because Black people were the ones picking the cotton. The cotton picked by Black slaves(alot with the sugar cane and the tobbaco) went to the mills in many places. The textile mills were supported by cotton picked by Black slaves. Blacks contributed in their own way to the wealth of this nation.

Blacks were working in the steel mills and automobile factories alongside with immigrants from Europe. Black people have also invented things in this nation.

I'm African-American and I'm staying in this nation, unless I decide to leave. I take issue with certain behaviors done by some African-American individuals. However, I'm not like your British friend. I look at people as individuals. For every "hood rat" and "criminal" I know, I know many African-Americans. Many are in my family. Many are my neighbors and people I have worked with.

When you suggested that Blacks should be kicked out of this nation, you were suggesting something unconstitutional. Of course, I'm starting to see how you think. You think in terms of power. You don't think in terms of fairness towards individuals.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:

That being said, what is the demonstrable benefit from having blacks in America?
You need to discuss that racist comment with the white thieves, looters and rapists that stole this country from the First Nation people, as they were the ones who kidnapped black people, tortured them, murdered them, raped them, and forced them to serve as free labor to build up this land, so they (the white males) could be the criminal white lazy _sses they actually were, and could sit around giving orders and pretending they were wonderful.

Why do you people always force me to have to be so direct? If you made any sense at all, I wouldn't have to come out with the truth all the time, and could give you guys a break.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You need to discuss that racist comment with the white thieves, looters and rapists that stole this country from the First Nation people, as they were the ones who kidnapped black people, tortured them, murdered them, raped them, and forced them to serve as free labor to build up this land, so they (the white males) could be the criminal white lazy _sses they actually were, and could sit around giving orders and pretending they were wonderful.

Why do you people always force me to have to be so direct? If you made any sense at all, I wouldn't have to come out with the truth all the time, and could give you guys a break.
Uh, blacks in africa sold other blacks into slavery.

Yet again, you prove yourself to be an uninformed disaster who is so full of herself its almost comical.

Your version of the "truth" only exists in your own little schizophrenic mind. Unless you can become a relevant poster and not the laughing stock most people in this forum view you as, you will simply be ignored.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
I figured it would end like this.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Also, given the lower personal income for blacks, your contention that "most" of them pay taxes to the federal government (which subsidizes welfare programs) is arguably incorrect.
Actually, in order to pay taxes, you have to make a certain amount of money. $9,750 per year for a single person, $19,500 for the married filing jointly. Since the average income for Blacks is still way above that, it cane be surmised that most Blacks are paying taxes.

Quote:
If you want to be intellectually dishonest, and claim that total numbers are more important to this subject than per capita, there is no need for further debate. Of course the total numbers of whites would be much higher given that whites are a majority in this nation. An honest assessment would be the per capita numbers, and in that number, you will see blacks are as a group suck up exponentially more welfare dollars than any other race.

Also keep in mind that in a large number of federal statistics, hispanics are included as whites.
Actually, I was using raw numbers to make a point. Since most Blacks are not on welfare, the argument you present doesn't apply to most Blacks. As a group is one thing. Individuals is another matter. Most Blacks are not on welfare, therefore, applying the statistics to ALL Blacks wouldn't be fair. And I said nothing about Hispanics or Whites committing crimes. I was saying that Blacks get CAUGHT more than anyone else.

Quote:
I totally agree, not to mention the unconstitutionality of drug laws.

The epidemic of a lack of personal responsibility in the black community is a growing cancer, and one that shows no signs of slowing down and reversing its course. The staggering number of single mother households and the poverty it leads to is indicative of a huge problem, and little is being done to address the issue. Add in the always handy race card (it's the white mans fault blah blah blah), and an unemployment rate that is almost double the national rate, and you will see the cause for the majority of problems in the black community.
Now I hear you talk about personal responsibility. And when you talk about it, you talk about ALL Blacks. The trend of single mothers in the Black community is part of a national trend. Single parent households have increased among all races.

And the trend has reversed in some ways. Black imprisonment is dropping. There are more Blacks with college degrees than every before, and there are more Blacks in the middle class than ever before. The problems that exist are in a certain segment of the Black population, not the entire population.

And speaking of Constitutional, according to the Constitution, Black Americans are USA citizens, therefore, you cannot kick them out.

Quote:
believe, and the numbers support my opinion, that the U.S. as a whole would be much better off without blacks in it. It isn't a case of "I hate blacks and want them all gone", and in fact skin color has nothing to do with it. It doesn't matter if it is whites, blacks, browns, greens, yellows, or purple....there is little to no net benefit to the country by having them in it. The negatives far outweigh the positives in this case.
There is no Constitutional benefit of kicking Blacks out. Blacks are U.S. citizens, therefore, according to the Constitution, they stay. And the negatives you mention come from a smaller part of the Black population, a part I may add, most Blacks try not to live around.

I don't care what the statistics say. I care about fairness. I care about making sure my rights are respected in this nation. I am a U.S. citizen, and the Constitution guarantees my rights. When you suggest that I should be kicked out because I'm Black, you are not respecting my right to be here. I don't care what the statistics say. I take it personal because IT IS PERSONAL to me.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Uh, blacks in africa sold other blacks into slavery.

Yet again, you prove yourself to be an uninformed disaster who is so full of herself its almost comical.

Your version of the "truth" only exists in your own little schizophrenic mind. Unless you can become a relevant poster and not the laughing stock most people in this forum view you as, you will simply be ignored.
Which shows what you know of the slave trade. There are hundreds of tribes in Africa. It wasn't one tribe selling its own people. There were wars between different tribes and the captives from a different tribe were sold. In addition, there were also some explorers from Europe using slave raids on the coast.

How Slaves Were Acquired in Africa

Africans in America | Part 1 | Narrative | The African Slave Trade and the Middle Passage

Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And even in some high skill industries, some people still look for a cheaper source of labor. There was one worker who learned how to outsource his own work to China. He racked in over 100K a year outsourcing his work, while he sat in his office doing absolutely NOTHING. If a worker can do that, imagine what higher uo executives and owners could do.
Do you have a link to that? I'm curious how he managed to accomplish that, if there is some loophole that actually allowed him to do that legally. I've heard about people taking advantage of areas with rent control that way. They have a rent controlled apartment in a high value area, and just sublet something they're paying a landlord $500 a month for to someone else and charge them $1000 a month and people are happy to do it because all the non-rent controlled places are $1500 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies