Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 09:44 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am not guessing what degenerates do behind doors. I really don`t want to know since that whole business makes me nauseous.

I made a statement that showed my disdain and contempt.
I really don't want to know what you do with your "bolt or screw". The idea makes me nauseous.

Belligerent ignorance deserves disdain and contempt.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Sigh: This used to be a free country. You were free to hold religious beliefs, even if others disagreed. If you ran a business, you could choose to serve certain customers or not. I guess they want to take away all our rights, and just enslave us.
Your freedom to wave your fist wildly stops at my nose. Likewise, your right to religious freedom ends when it impacts me. A person who owns a business open to the public, such as a restaurant, store, etc., has no constitutionally protected right to deny service. The legislature certainly has the right to make laws to outlaw discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin and sexual orientation -- especially if that business requires a government license, which all food establishments do.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
The lesbos are discriminating against a persons religious beliefs. Plenty of other bakers.

Get over it.

I`ve owned businesses before and I refused to serve anyone I thought did not meet my standards. And guess what I employed people as well and when I was threatened, I fired my employees, closed the business down and relocated. Then watch the politicians whine when jobs are lost or a source of revenue is gone.

Gays do not need special laws just because of their .........................whatever it is they think they are. (shudder)

I am done with this ridiculous thread.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
The lesbos are discriminating against a persons religious beliefs. Plenty of other bakers.

Get over it.

I`ve owned businesses before and I refused to serve anyone I thought did not meet my standards. And guess what I employed people as well and when I was threatened, I fired my employees, closed the business down and relocated. Then watch the politicians whine when jobs are lost or a source of revenue is gone.

Gays do not need special laws just because of their .........................whatever it is they think they are. (shudder)

I'm sure the government is really concerned about losing the maybe 5 jobs that a small bakery provides.

The customers do not know a businesses religious beliefs when they walk in the door, they simply expect to be treated like any other customer.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:

Get over it.

The "lesbos" as you call them, weren't operating a business subject to state laws. The baker was.

There aren't any 'special laws' for gay people. Straight people can['t be discriminated against on the basis of their sexual orientation either in those states were sexual orientation is a protected class like age, gender, race and religion.

No doubt you feel 'threatened' quite often. How sad for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Its his business. He can operate as he sees fit. He can refuse business to whoever he wants.

Lesbos can go take a flying f%/" at a rolling donut.
No, you're wrong. You don't seem to know your own country's rules. Try refusing to serve someone because of the colour of their skin and see how far you get.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Its her business.

She can do what she wants based on her religious convictions.

To assume otherwise is projecting hate on those who have religious beliefs.
No no! Not pretending one's superstitions means the law of the land doesn't apply to them isn't projecting hate on them! It's just not pretending that believing in storybook characters entitles one to act outside the law.

Religious convictions are no more an excuse to let someone do what they want any more than convictions that the dust bunnies under the bed are issuing orders are.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:31 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Your freedom to wave your fist wildly stops at my nose. Likewise, your right to religious freedom ends when it impacts me. A person who owns a business open to the public, such as a restaurant, store, etc., has no constitutionally protected right to deny service. The legislature certainly has the right to make laws to outlaw discrimination on the basis of race, religion, national origin and sexual orientation -- especially if that business requires a government license, which all food establishments do.
The Constitution clearly requires that government recognize private property rights. A business is private property and they are well within their natural rights to allow anyone they want on their property. They are also allowed to refuse anyone on their property.

Where does the the Constitution grant power to the government to decide what a private business person does on their property? Oh, that's right, it doesn't.

And where does the Constitution allow the state to require somone receive permission to open a restaurant? Oh, it doesn't allow that either.

You want the government telling you who can come on your property? Yet, you have no problem with them doing it to other people. Freedom.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, you're wrong. You don't seem to know your own country's rules. Try refusing to serve someone because of the colour of their skin and see how far you get.
God does not consider being of any color a sin. Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. What man says and what God's law says are not always the same. These evil godless days they are not even often the same.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:33 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,515,322 times
If I hate Chinese people, and therefore will not patronize their restaurants, I violate no law. However, if the owner of the Chinese restaurant, for example, despises Jews, he will not be legally able to forbid them from entry onto his premises. Why?

Why is it legal for some to discriminate and not others? "Anti-discrminatory" laws are discriminatory and they violate private property rights. The most important of all rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies