Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Lol. I did mid the chuse part. The f for s and v for u are not incorrect though.

I do agree with you though. Grabber a try to jump on anything to get their way...
I didn't fay yov were incorrect at all trvft me

If yov read back yov will fee i vfed both letterf that way too.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've seen quite a few people link guns to masculinity and bravery. Are they correlated?

This isin't about gun rights, I support the 2nd amendment and don't support Feinstein's proposal to ban "assault weapons" Keep all your guns and high capacity magazines, buy 100 more if you can afford it.

Bill Maher Subject Cojones American Males Lack Thereof - YouTube

I find it hilarious when idiots like Bill Maher presume to know what conservatives are thinking. If Bill Maher knew what conservatives know, he would not be a liberal.

Do we have guns to be "macho"? No. Why do we have guns-

1. they are fun
2. many that we own are historical weapons from ww2
3. we like to hunt (pigs and coyotes)
4. we like to target shoot
5. taking apart weapons and examining them gives kids an appreciation of precision machining and an understanding of modern devices. We did the same thing with telephones, toasters, engines, ect when the the kids were at home.
6. It is our Constitutional Right

I don't consider myself to be "macho" at all. In fact, I find aggressive individuals who use weapons and intimidation to project thier "dominance" to be hilarious.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:25 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Not true. The term people in the entire Constitution refers to the people.

Individuals...
If that were true, the SUBJECT of the Amendment would not be MILITIA. And, you need to also notice that it doesn't merely say MILITIA, it says REGULATED MILITIA. A regulated militia does not consist of individual gun fondlers each of whom goes around pretending he's Rambo because he lacks self-esteem and owning a gun provides him with a bravado. (Look up bravado).

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
If that were true, the SUBJECT of the Amendment would not be MILITIA. And, you need to also notice that it doesn't merely say MILITIA, it says REGULATED MILITIA. A regulated militia does not consist of individual gun fondlers each of whom goes around pretending he's Rambo because he lacks self-esteem and owning a gun provides him with a bravado. (Look up bravado).

A REGULATED MILITIA in the context of the 2nd Amendment means being able to hit a target at a set distance with a specific charge. that right there goes to show how little you actually know about firearms.

ask a gunsmith to REGULATE your firearm, and they should ask you at what distance and at what charge.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,735 times
Quote:
You might have, but there are others assuring me that the Second Amendment is about individual gun ownership and has nothing to do with the regulated militias. I'll beat it to death all over again if necessary.
Courts, history, and the words of the founding fathers all prove you wrong.

Only a fool refuses to admit they are wrong when faced with evidence to the contrary.

You have proven over and over again you do not know what you are talking about in regards to the 2nd Amendment, and the Constitution in general.

It's time for recess little girl, run along and let the grownups handle the intellectual stuff.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 AM

57 posts, read 72,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post

Only a fool refuses to admit they are wrong when faced with evidence to the contrary.

You have proven over and over again you do not know what you are talking about in regards to the 2nd Amendment, and the Constitution in general.

It's time for recess little girl, run along and let the grownups handle the intellectual stuff.
Thanks!! Saritaschihuahua= ignore list...DONE!!! Just can't take anymore of her bs.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Don't you know, Saritaschihuahua says they are all wrong and she is right. She says she knows better than all those you mentioned.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
ROFLMAO! I just sent your post to my bf, and he's nearly busting a gut laughing. Thanks for the humor.

goes to show that your BF doesnt know anything about gunsmithing either. please read up on a subject if you are going to comment. also look up what regulate means as well when used in context with firearms. you might actually learn something, although I doubt it very much.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Don't you know, Saritaschihuahua says they are all wrong and she is right. She says she knows better than all those you mentioned.
She's trolling.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM

well regulated means well trained and being able to hit a target with a specific charge at a set distance.

please tell your bf to learn something even if you refuse to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies