Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What's really strange is this guy is Pro-Obama, Pro-gun control and his out shooting people......does the left always talk with forked tongue..
My take on that is he considers himself as Elite. He thinks he has privilege above common man.

His mistake is believing that whistleblowers received any honor or merit for doing the 'Right' thing.

Proof this isn't worth the paper it was printed ON
Whistleblower Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What's really strange is this guy is Pro-Obama, Pro-gun control and his out shooting people......does the left always talk with forked tongue..
Every person is wrong on some issues. In the end, it's actions that count.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That appears to be true....... My interest is more about wondering over years what 1 well trained man might pull off in the USA.... A man with funds in such a way as he could afford the 'tools' and combine tools with the training and also not having a will to live free after the war. This set of criteria doesn't happen everyday in a Freedom Fighter even if he is wacked...

Dorner saw too much..... He saw the sick system take illegal advantage of the poor and the weak who were unable to defend themselves. He blew the whistle and was punished for it rather than honored for it.

Then they punished him some more and took his family as i read it......

The system should have lied and killed him before. Now the system will have to deal with and we can Hope that Change will come to the LAPD and corruption in other High places.

But I know i won't be holding my breath.

I admire his courage, but I know he is insane. I know how he became insane too.

You watch........ I predict we will hear he has/had PTSD.
Like I said before, the only way that people will actually hear you if you kill someone. which brings to mind how do we know that he killed those two in the first place?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Every person is wrong on some issues. In the end, it's actions that count.
You been talking to my x again?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Like I said before, the only way that people will actually hear you if you kill someone. which brings to mind how do we know that he killed those two in the first place?
We don't. What we have heya' is a media spin made up by LAPD..... Could still be anything....

It hasn't gone un-noticed that media hasn't spun up the OTHER BLUE TRUCK much either......

What media does is tell the masses what to think and how to think and even when to think.

Mostly it tells us to never think, unless the Feds want us to use duct tape as a defense for WMD's

That always made me laff.... as if taping doors and windows, was going to stop radiation.... LOL

Everybody knows radiation will pass right thru duct tape, and what you need a is a roll of tin foil for hats!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That appears to be true....... My interest is more about wondering over years what 1 well trained man might pull off in the USA.... A man with funds in such a way as he could afford the 'tools' and combine tools with the training and also not having a will to live free after the war. This set of criteria doesn't happen everyday in a Freedom Fighter even if he is wacked...

Dorner saw too much..... He saw the sick system take illegal advantage of the poor and the weak who were unable to defend themselves. He blew the whistle and was punished for it rather than honored for it.

Then they punished him some more and took his family as i read it......

The system should have lied and killed him before. Now the system will have to deal with and we can Hope that Change will come to the LAPD and corruption in other High places.

But I know i won't be holding my breath.

I admire his courage, but I know he is insane. I know how he became insane too.

You watch........ I predict we will hear he has/had PTSD.
The PTSD issue has already came out. Alot more has then people are reading about. They refuse to read the truth and use his "manifesto" as their truth, for their hatred of the police and government in general. Everyone has already made up their mind this idiot was correct, based upon what he wrote.

He his ex girlfriend, in 2006, said he was "paranoid" and had many psychological problems. This was AFTER he attempted to get a restraining order against her, which was DENIED. And it is BEFORE he was a police officer and BEFORE he deployed with the US Navy. His wife left him directly after he deployed. And by the way, the man was sent to Bahrain. He WAS NEVER in a combat zone. He monitored boat traffic on radar. He never fired his weapon, never was shot at, and never even heard a bomb go off.

The officer he filed a complaint against, BEFORE the complaint was filed, was his Field Training Officer. She had made many negative evaluations against Dorner, for his mental and psychological unfitness and, in fact, had complained to HER superiors about his behavior, BEFORE he made the complaints against her. Other FTO's gave him poor evaluations too.

Even his high school football team mates called him "confrontational." Every indication is this "man" has had problems with other people, his ENTIRE life, and has blamed them for his problems. Problems HE caused and brought onto himself.

My prediction? This "hero" will either kill himself. OR? He will give up, like the coward he is and say, "Don't hurt me. Don't hurt me."

Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I do not doubt that LAPD is corrupt. As a former cop, i can confirm the obvious "me against the world" attitude. Honestly, the attitude comes naturally over time with the position. Then factor in the department with years of issues, so the public is very trustful. With the distrust, the department keeps everything within, inevitably the "eat their own mentality" creeps, too. All mixed together forming the perfect storm. Cops going rogue is nothing new, except this guy seems successful in his actions...so far.
wow, we have a lot of friends that are retired LA cops and I take exception to your comment the LAPD is corrupt. I am not saying they are above reproach, but corrupt, not really.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:06 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
It is disturbing to me to see certain posters who when it comes to gun rights I agree with them in 2nd amendment anti ban threads on that topic but that they consider this guy a hero. The 2nd is a check and balance to help insure against tyranny like what we see happen in places like Bahrain but it is a last stop check and balance and not to be taken lightly and not a right for waging one's personal war of revenge.

Many if not most cops support citizens owning guns, maybe police chiefs and mayors don't, but a large number of cops do, not all cops are bad and not all are against you yet you alienate them when you cheer a guy like this. Even the revolutionary war was won not just with arms but with public relations and alliances (think Ben Franklin) also but some of you are lousy at public relations and alliances.

The U.S.A is far from perfect and not everything about it is right about it right now, but this country is far from needing or approval of support of violent rebellion. The other peaceful checks and balances of the 1st, protest and demonstration, and the courts are still functional to bring change.

Some of you are also hypocrites who post in threads blasting anti-gunners but then give this guy a pass because you think he is taking on "da man" even though Dorner states he is extremely anti gun and wants you banned from them.

When cops beat and shoot protesters peacefully marching, when politicians refuse to step down at the end of term, when martial law and suspension of civil rights is enacted, then come to me about whipping out the 2nd amendment against "da man" but until then step back and friggin think it out before getting all extremist with " the tree of liberty must be refreshed" because there are other peaceful ways to accomplish fighting corruption.

Just because the founders thought it important to have citizens armed against tyranny that doesn't mean they thought you should jump to it as a first resort or just because things aren't going your way at the moment.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Great, I hope none of your family or you never need thier help. Do you feel the same about our military?

Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do you also support a full investigation into the police department? Seeing that your anti-violence.
If there is reason, I do, but more than that, the fact remains, this creap killed innocent people. That young girl had nothing to do with his griefs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies