Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
We should do the same thing to Arab Americans too right?
Absolutely. Especially after 9-11. There were many calls for that to happen.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Another teenager trying to act like a bad ass...amusing if it wasn't such a pathetic attempt
I only wish I could be a teenager again punk, did I hurt your widdle feelings?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:43 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The Germans didn't do a massive sneak attack on us like the Japanese did. Never the less, those Germans caught trying to sabotage us were executed.
The 2 leaders of the 8 Germans were NOT executed, of the most known group who landed, successfully, 4 on Long Island, 4 in Florida.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:45 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
I only wish I could be a teenager again punk, did I hurt your widdle feelings?
Ignorant people such as yourself can't hurt my feelings. It make you feel real big stepping on a flag? Wonder if your friend appreciates you doing that to the gift he gave you. Such a nice friend you are.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
I'd chalk that up to people who are historically illiterate. As the saying goes, "heritage not hate." Even being west coast born and raised the Confederate flag doesn't bother me one bit. People say it represents slavery which I find rather odd considering that slave owners were an extreme minority. If states want to keep the image on their state flags or fly it on a statehouse (provided it is below the American flag), I fail to see what is so wrong with that.
LOL I am far from "historically illiterate."

What I am is a white person related by marriage to a wide rainbow of other ethnicities, including African Americans. Regardless of what the flag represented 150 years ago, it represents repression and slavery and discrimination based on the color of one's skin to many people TODAY.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Ignorant people such as yourself can't hurt my feelings. It make you feel real big stepping on a flag? Wonder if your friend appreciates you doing that to the gift he gave you. Such a nice friend you are.
My friend feels the same as I do about that dirty rotten stinking rag, I already said he was trying to be funny when he gave it to me.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM

307 posts, read 285,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, nothing's wrong with it if you forget that it symbolizes the Civil War, when half the country wanted to withdrawal from the Union, and of course, slavery.

Let me ask, would you buy a person today if you could?
What if it was you who were being sold, would that be OK with you?

I understand why anyone who's ancestors were slaves may dislike the flag. But they should feel the same way about the US flag for both had slaves. In fact they were slaves many more years under the US flag than under the Confederate flag. But for me it has nothing to do with slavery. It represent my ancestors attempt to begin their own country and break away from the oppression they felt coming from a power that ruled over them that did not have their interest at heart. It represents my ancestors struggle to repel the invasion of their country by a foreign power that was set on our destruction and to desire to rule over us without giving us equal rights. It was my ancestors fight for freedom. It reminds me of the wrong done to my people by the evil Federal government of the United States. We are still waiting for our reparations too!

Last edited by July 8th; 02-10-2013 at 07:07 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 07:04 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
My friend feels the same as I do about that dirty rotten stinking rag, I already said he was trying to be funny when he gave it to me.
That doesn't surprise me.Ignorance is spread easily I suppose. Pretty dumb to waste money on something just to trash it..but now again yall ain't real bright are ya.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I am far from "historically illiterate."

Regardless of what the flag represented 150 years ago, it represents repression and slavery and discrimination based on the color of one's skin to many people TODAY.
Which doesn't magically validate ignorance.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me.Ignorance is spread easily I suppose. Pretty dumb to waste money on something just to trash it..but now again yall ain't real bright are ya.
It didn't cost much at the flea market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies