Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 01:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I'm waiting for the "did you watch the video" or "the leaners won't want to watch the vidieo" or "the video holds too much truth" comments.
I'm waiting for the OP to come back and acknowledge that the "leaners" don't support the murderer.

(While you're at it roysoldboy you can acknowledge that the CD members who are vocal in their support of the murderer are all conservatives.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm waiting for the OP to come back and acknowledge that the "leaners" don't support the murderer.

(While you're at it OP you can acknowledge that the CD members who are vocal in their support of the murderer all lean to the right.)
He accused the leaners of lying when they condemned Dorner.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
He accused the leaners of lying when they condemned Dorner.
He did?

Wow. That's kind of a cheap move on his part. You have to wonder why he started this thread if he didn't want to hear the truth. Which is that it's the conservatives who are supporting a murderer who killed four people in cold blood.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times
You're a very patient man, Phil. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Phil,

I hate to say it, but you are wasting your time trying to convince people otherwise. You are either the last good cop or really naive. I have personally experienced bad cops in Pittsburgh, Atlanta and even an ex police chief who actually bragged about the things that he did or seen that was illegal. The majority of people on this forum and people especially minorities in general have had bad experiences with law enforcement. That being said, there is very little that you can say that will change someone's bad personal experience with a dirty cop.
Yea. Only one good cop out there. I bet the majority of folks on this forum have had no or positive experiences with law enforcement. But your experience speaks for everyone.

You comment about bad experiences coloring your lifelong outlook on cops can hold true for anything. I had a horrible experience growing up with a black man that harrassed me daily for an entire year. But I've chosen to understand that he was not the norm.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Oh, then that makes him a great person. Never mind he killed innocent folks in cold blood. He returned money. Give him a medal.

I'm sure many serial killers are kind to their mothers. Doesn't make them any less monsters.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
another person who thinks that any agency is one autonomous entity.

Never mind that the LAPD employs thousands of officers, administration, and other positions. Never mind that each person employed have their own strengths, weaknesses, flaws and issues. Just classify the entire entity by the actions of a few bad apples.
Wish I could say the same when I get profiled because of race.

There's widespread corruption in many of our police departments. If I lived in LA I'd have more stories for you. I do have some about the CPD.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, then that makes him a great person. Never mind he killed innocent folks in cold blood. He returned money. Give him a medal.

I'm sure many serial killers are kind to their mothers. Doesn't make them any less monsters.
Since when does killing someone make anyone a monster?

You act as if millions of humans haven't murdered millions of other humans...

Pffttt...

But by all means, keep trying to assert your "moral superiority."

Old 02-20-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm asking you and others who continually say this, to show me the widespread corruption you keep referring too? Where is it? The proof? Not what "you know."

There are 11,000 police officers in LAPD. Are some racists? Yes, they are. Are some bad? Yes there are. However, remember this: Police officers are recruited from the general population of society. Therefore, they represent society as a whole. There is no secret lab, where police officers are grown in a petri dish.

Before, during, and after being a police officer, you are foremost a human being. And as such, you have flaws. EVERYONE does. Police departments across the country do they best they can to weed out obvious bad people. However, its an unfortunate act of life, some slip through the cracks.

And, their poor performance, unjustly reflects upon me. I do not like it and I do not condone it. In fact, I work very hard to overcome it and, contrary to most people's popular belief, speak out against it.

You people are living in the past. Police officers DO NOT cover up for each other. Think about who has been hired recently. Most are a generation of "what is in it for me?" They don't care about you. They don't care about me. They care about themselves and only themselves. You get caught lying and covering up for another officer, YOU will be fired. The officer who did whatever? May still keep his job. You? You are out. THAT is the culture of police departments all across the United States.

THIS is what I do for a living, and as I stated, for the past 24 yrs. You read a few articles in the newspaper and automatically conclude every cop and police department is corrupt. I live this and I do believe, have a much better handle on it then you do.
Well if you support curtailing police corruption do you support an independent agency designed to investigate and litigate cases of police corruption, abuse, and malpractice?

Some citizen's lives are ruined due to the above. We need to get officers who maliciously abuse their powers off the streets.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

The point isn't to dismiss his actions, just to add to the picture of what type of person he was before the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies