Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,878,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Dorner was just taking out the trash. His reasons didn't really matter.
Taking out the trash? Innocent people ambushed and murdered by this coward is "taking out trash". What a sick twisted disgusting thing to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
I don't think ordinary liberals and conservatives think of Dorner as a hero, rather we're all disgusted and glad he was cornered and shot at like a mad dog then burned (except for a few who thought he should be taken alive to stand trial).

It's the extremists on both sides who admire him.

The thing that worries me is that there seem to be so many extremists.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Many, mostly from the left, seem to have said in tweets and other social crap that Dorner was some kind of hero because he killed other people. Well maybe that is not what they said but it must be what they were thinking. I don't know, how many of his victims were white and how many black?

The Left Thinks Chris Dorner is a Superhero :: ConservativeVideos.com
Was your post written by a third grader? I'm being serious.

Anyway, I haven't heard anyone say that guy was a hero. But I'm surprised you conservatives aren't hailing him for killing a cop, or was it two, since you all seem to loathe the police force.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Many, mostly from the left, seem to have said in tweets and other social crap that Dorner was some kind of hero because he killed other people. Well maybe that is not what they said but it must be what they were thinking. I don't know, how many of his victims were white and how many black?

Huh? That's absurd. He's no hero, he was a murdering thug.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:29 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,168,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Dorner was just taking out the trash. His reasons didn't really matter.
Can we assume that you've done some hard time in the penitentiary, or are currently engaging in criminal pursuits, perhaps for a living?

Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Are you honestly arguing that the LAPD isn't corrupt?
I'm asking you and others who continually say this, to show me the widespread corruption you keep referring too? Where is it? The proof? Not what "you know."

There are 11,000 police officers in LAPD. Are some racists? Yes, they are. Are some bad? Yes there are. However, remember this: Police officers are recruited from the general population of society. Therefore, they represent society as a whole. There is no secret lab, where police officers are grown in a petri dish.

Before, during, and after being a police officer, you are foremost a human being. And as such, you have flaws. EVERYONE does. Police departments across the country do they best they can to weed out obvious bad people. However, its an unfortunate act of life, some slip through the cracks.

And, their poor performance, unjustly reflects upon me. I do not like it and I do not condone it. In fact, I work very hard to overcome it and, contrary to most people's popular belief, speak out against it.

You people are living in the past. Police officers DO NOT cover up for each other. Think about who has been hired recently. Most are a generation of "what is in it for me?" They don't care about you. They don't care about me. They care about themselves and only themselves. You get caught lying and covering up for another officer, YOU will be fired. The officer who did whatever? May still keep his job. You? You are out. THAT is the culture of police departments all across the United States.

THIS is what I do for a living, and as I stated, for the past 24 yrs. You read a few articles in the newspaper and automatically conclude every cop and police department is corrupt. I live this and I do believe, have a much better handle on it then you do.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
This is a direct consequence of the JFK administration's decision to empty the psychiatric hospitals.
Wasn't that Reagan? Didn't Reagan also refuse to fund a bunch of mental health plans? irrc

Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,030,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
So, because their is racism within the LAPD, that gives Dorner the "right" to murder 4 people and shoot many others? That is your and other's solution?
I stated in another post that dorner got what he deserved. I dont support him at all but i also dont trust law enforcement. The san bernardino county sheriff said the cabin fire was not set on purpose & the voice on the tape that said "burn it down" was not LE. That is such BS.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM

10 posts, read 9,719 times
Quote:

Roy, we cross paths again. It's been a long time since our "rant and rave" days. I see you're still fighting the good fight. Well carpe diem my friend, there are a lot of windmills out there that need a good jousting.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What do you have against the game?

Do you hate the 1st Amendment?

If so, then you ought to consider another line of work.
Uh, where did I say anything about the 1st Amendment? I never said they didn't have the right to make the game and I never said no one has the right to play it. You can do as you please.

It still does not change anything. The fact is, the person(s) who thought of this game and the persons who play it and endorse it ARE sick. And our society IS doomed.

Has nothing to do with my chosen profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies