Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 07:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Law enforcement was quite surprised about the support dorner received especially since he killed 2 cops. The slain deputy was stationed here in yucaipa. Its obvious dorner had mental issues. I just dont understand why he didnt apply to be a cop somewhere else in ca.
I think that once you are blackballed in the Law enforcement circles for telling on a fellow officer it tends to follow you wherever you go. That would make sense to me as to why he did what he did instead of moving on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm surprised he was even hired with his background. It is obvious he has/had major mental issues and problems with violence throughout his life. The failure of LAPD in this ENTIRE incident was the pre-employment psychologist who passed him for hiring. Furthermore, the background investigator who either failed to find all the red flags or who ignored them.
If he was a honorable discharged veteran you will be suprised how many LE jobs are open.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Let Dorner Rest in Peace....

Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think that once you are blackballed in the Law enforcement circles for telling on a fellow officer it tends to follow you wherever you go. That would make sense to me as to why he did what he did instead of moving on.
Really? This is the problem with your thinking. A police officer the LAPD testified during the Rodney King trials the force used was unreasonable. HE testified AGAINST LAPD and its officers. He received no backlash, no anything. But how can this be with the godlike LAPD? They can do anything and get away with it.

The officer in Oakland California, who testified and brought the allegations against "The Riders," (although he was failing his training program) is now a police officer with the Pleasanton Police Department.

See, YOU and others have some weird, distorted view of law enforcement. Everyone is "black balled," and covering up for everyone else, when the facts, the TRUE facts show otherwise.

Dorner did what he did, because he was psychologically unstable and has a history of bullying his way. He figured he could in this case too. He was wrong.

For ONCE get your facts straight and report on the FACTS. Not what you "think" and/or "feel." NOTHING you have said about law enforcement in these cases are correct. NOTHING.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If he was a honorable discharged veteran you will be suprised how many LE jobs are open.
And what do you know about law enforcement hiring? What? THOUSANDS of "honorably discharged" vets are turned down every single day. EVERY SINGLE day all across America.

You either meet the requirements or you don't. Do you have any idea what the hiring process in California is like? Any? Please explain it to us mere mortals who have no clue; for you do not.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Give Dorner some credit. He hid away in a cabin, had 1,000 law enforcement officers hunting him down, he stayed in a condo right near the cops....

Officer 1: "Burn that (expletive) house down."
Officer 2: "Get going right now."
Officer 1: (expletive) burn that mother(expletive)
After the crack of the distinctive gunshot, investigators only heard ammunition popping in the flames as the cabin burned to the ground. Killing Dorner...

Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
And what do you know about law enforcement hiring? What? THOUSANDS of "honorably discharged" vets are turned down every single day. EVERY SINGLE day all across America.

You either meet the requirements or you don't. Do you have any idea what the hiring process in California is like? Any? Please explain it to us mere mortals who have no clue; for you do not.
Calm down, being a federal employee with experience in my field the hiring practices on the federal level is equal. I will safely assume that they may not have had a bunch of black military vets as qualified as he was, especially for a Dept which has a reputation of racism. It would have been a public relations nightmare

Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Really? This is the problem with your thinking. A police officer the LAPD testified during the Rodney King trials the force used was unreasonable. HE testified AGAINST LAPD and its officers. He received no backlash, no anything. But how can this be with the godlike LAPD? They can do anything and get away with it.

The officer in Oakland California, who testified and brought the allegations against "The Riders," (although he was failing his training program) is now a police officer with the Pleasanton Police Department.

See, YOU and others have some weird, distorted view of law enforcement. Everyone is "black balled," and covering up for everyone else, when the facts, the TRUE facts show otherwise.

Dorner did what he did, because he was psychologically unstable and has a history of bullying his way. He figured he could in this case too. He was wrong.

For ONCE get your facts straight and report on the FACTS. Not what you "think" and/or "feel." NOTHING you have said about law enforcement in these cases are correct. NOTHING.
Were they black? Did they implicate the whole police dept? I understand your loyality to the LE field, but even if some of the things that I wrote you feel is wrong even you have to admit that you don't know eveerything either and there are some things that might be right

I worked in the medical field for over thirty years and I can't say what is going on in a particuliar hosppital in another part of the country. That would apply to your thoughts regarding the LE departments all over this country.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

724 posts, read 593,306 times
Quote:
Based on?
Your kidding right? Did you miss the 90's?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Your kidding right? Did you miss the 90's?
Uh, nope. Its 2013. Now, based on? What facts do you have to prove LAPD as an entity is racist and corrupt? I'm waiting for YOU and all of the other LAPD bashers to provide me proof.

And, I am still waiting...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies