Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When was the last time you tried to buy a gun from a legal source? Jeez, do your words appear to be very old knowledge pushing through.
Bwahahahaha!!! I know, huh?! Lmao, 50 bucks won't buy a Red Ryder. There is not one firearm in my arms room under 600 bucks....bought used. But hey....saying the average price of a gun is 50 bucks does make it sound as if we are awash in killing machines with access to same no further than the closest Toyz R Us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
I don't know why these gun grabbing liberals keep using the NRA as the catch all for gun owner representation. Well actually I do, it's because they are too lazy and stupid to do the math so let me help you out a bit if you think you can keep up.

The NRA's own web site says they have approximately 4,000,000 members. There are as of the last estimate in 2012, over 270,000,000 privately owned firearms in the US. I'm sure it's way more than that now with the gun-control fear mongering that has been going on since December. Now if those 4 million NRA members owned all of those guns that would be 67.5 guns per member. But realistically all gun owners are NOT NRA members (including myself) and if there were only 4 million gun owners in the US then I think it would be extremely easy to just abolish the 2nd amendment through constitutional convention. But back to reality, there are probably more likely between 45 million and 150 million lawful gun owners and the number of unlawful gun owners is anyone's guess. But the number is at such a high level that nobody wants to put the 2nd Amendment up for popular vote to see if the people want to abolish it out of fear of the reality that the majority of the people do not want their gun rights taken away. There are many who are not gun owners who come families that believe in the Constitution and protecting all right contained within it.

Now I only own a hand full of guns (far from 67 of them), and there are many who only own 1 or 2 per household while others have vast collections so the exact number of gun owners is unknown. But to use the estimates from above if there are 4 million NRA members then there are between 41 million and 146 million gun owners that are NOT NRA members. So perhaps you liberal gun grabbers should stop using the NRA as your catch all scape goat for gun rights advocacy. Also I'm sure the firearms manufacturers have plenty of money to do their own lobbying w/o the need of the NRA to do the talking for them. Besides I suspect they use the same people to push for Government contracts to provide arms to the various Federal agencies that require them.

I realize this is probably way too much for most of you to comprehend but it was worth the shot.
Have a nice day

abolishing the 2nd will just start war, one that liberals will not win. alot of people whom I know of that own firearms are veterans that dont trust the government at all.

I own less than 500 firearms, none of them have any 4473 attached to them either. the idea of the feds or states getting rid of the 2nd and an attempted confiscation would do nothing for me but to give alot of them away as gifts to people I know.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You'd think you guys would at least be able to set a realistic price. Your car number is high, your gun number is, well, nonsensical.
Maybe you should do some research, so you have a clue as to what average prices are.

Average Price of a New Car? Having just bought two cars in the past month, I was fascinated to read a handful of interesting car-related tidbits this weekend. For starters, the average price of a new car or light truck in April was just a shade over $30k. $30,303 to be exact, which represents a $1200 increase over last year.

You are probably right average price of a gun though. $50 is probably a bit high for an estimate.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Where can you buy a gun for $50?!?!
Walmart.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Walmart.
Yeah, a pellet gun.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I'm going to break a TOS (and get suspended again) but you are a ****ing idiot.

Knock yourself out.

Firearms Price Guide | Gun Price Guide | Handgun Price Guide | Used Gun Price Guide

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM

651 posts, read 705,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah, a pellet gun.
Unless its a cheap POS one no you can't. A good Benjamin is about 110 bucks.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Unless its a cheap POS one no you can't. A good Benjamin is about 110 bucks.
Ha. Good point.

What I meant was, a box of pellets and a nice glove to use for throwing them.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 AM

651 posts, read 705,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Ha. Good point.

What I meant was, a box of pellets and a nice glove to use for throwing them.
You could put someones eye out doing that LMAO

Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm going to break a TOS (and get suspended again) but you are a ****ing idiot.

Knock yourself out.

Firearms Price Guide | Gun Price Guide | Handgun Price Guide | Used Gun Price Guide

He is an idiot. He doesn't even realize that he is in the toy gun dept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies