Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Prove the Russians had Nuclear Armament when they flew by Guam.
What specific sources do you prefer that I use that will be acceptable as legitimate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 02:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
What specific sources do you prefer that I use that will be acceptable as legitimate?
Well, I don't really know what your sources are on any matter, so give it all you got, the more the better.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
This is not good from a military standpoint. Russian Bear Bombers carrying nuclear tipped cruise missiles flew to Guam and circumnavigated it until we had to scramble F-15's to run them off. This shows the weakness of President Obama. It shows that Russia does not respect him as a strong leader. This is quit embarrassing for the United States.

Bear Bombers Over Guam | Washington Free Beacon

The Russian Tu-95 Bear-H strategic bombers were equipped with nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and were followed by U.S. jets as they circumnavigated Guam on Feb. 12 local time—hours before President Barack Obama’s state of the union address.

Air Force Capt. Kim Bender, a spokeswoman for the Pacific Air Force in Hawaii, confirmed the incident to the Washington Free Beacon and said Air Force F-15 jets based on Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, “scrambled and responded to the aircraft.”

The bomber incident was considered highly unusual. Russian strategic bombers are not known to have conducted such operations in the past into the south Pacific from bomber bases in the Russian Far East, which is thousands of miles away and over water.

John Bolton, former U.N. ambassador and former State Department international security undersecretary, said the Russian bomber flights appear to be part of an increasingly threatening strategic posture in response to Obama administration anti-nuclear policies.

“Every day brings new evidence that Obama’s ideological obsession with dismantling our nuclear deterrent is dangerous,” Bolton said. “Our national security is in danger of slipping off the national agenda even as the threats grow.”

Is that a prop driven plane?

Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM

45,421 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Is that a prop driven plane?

Yes.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please, air forces, no matter what country do not fly around with nuclear armament.

Prove it doesn't. Do you have intelligence you're spewing here?
You are correct. It would have to be Defcon 2 before they actually loaded nukes on the bombers. Again, this thread is so stupid.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:56 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
No this has nothing to do with Bush. Bush was a strong leader and took out a terrible dictator.The Russians saw weakness in Obama when he was bowing to leaders of inferior nations to the U.S. They see weakness in Obama when his plans to cut our nuclear arsenal by 1/3. They saw weakness in Obama when he abandoned our missile shield in Europe, namely Poland and the Czech Republic due to fierce Russian opposition from Putin. Obama defines weakness, not strength when it comes to our national security.
You said that Russia flying planes near guam shows weakness in obama's leadership. But you overlooked that Russia flew planes over Guam while Bush was in the Whitehouse. That clearly means, from your perspective, that Bush was a weak leader.

Let's be honest here. You saw a news posting and took the opportunity to use that news posting as a way to talk down about the current president. You don't know how to do any research and analysis (something that you would learn by attending college) so your post fell completely flat. After learning that this is nothing new and something that has happened under the previous president as well you''re spewing out all this speculation to recover. No one really cares about your opinion.

Your link was somewhat newsworthy but your analysis was a waste of everyone's time including your own. You haven't brought anything important to the table here.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times
Can't believe people actually believe this BS. Take your tinfoil hats off.

And please don't cite that crap about the B-52 incident. It was a MISTAKE.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
from what i can tell it's nothing more than a "telephone operator" scenario, "could have carried nukes" being repeated often enough to become "was carrying nukes".
Probably so. Since its primary mission, in a state of war, is delivery of a nuclear payload, someone just blithely assumes that she has nukes in the bay.lol. Being able to carry the fire and actually doing so are quite different animals.

Last I checked, we have no way of knowing what, if any, type of weapon MIGHT be on board an aircraft. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say I don't think the Russians would have any reason to fly around Guam with a hot payload on a Bear.

This does not mean I have any trust in the Russians. I don't. And I also believe that the current regime in DC is doing its share of backroom deals with Putin. But, good ol' Vladamir doesn't have to posture with highly provacative military actions to get what he wants. I am sure that be and Obama talk, regular like. A bit of mutual butt slapping over Vodka.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Were they armed with nuclear weapons like they were this time?
You believe the most idiotic things.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM

45,421 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You believe the most idiotic things.
Do you wish that the people charged with protecting the US and its Territories from nuclear attack not make the assumption that this aircraft was armed with nuclear weapons? That assumption has been policy and protocol since at least the 1950's. Every. Single. Time.

Unless it has changed the Navy has 2 to 4 nuclear armed aircraft on Alert 10 status while the carrier is underway. Every minute of the day. Every. Single. Time.

I can't speak definitively for the Air Force but its standing orders are much the same as the Navy's.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 02-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: clean up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies