Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Here's what he/she wrote in post #3:

The poll would be clearer if the OP had spelled Incest correctly.
Yes. I can read.

He/she clearly knew that you meant 'incest'. Why do you say that he/she was confused?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
God needs you to smite them.
Ah.....a Christaphobe, I should have known. How trendy.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:40 PM

51 posts, read 32,589 times
Quote:
Just outta curiosity, why do Neo Progs have such an issue with that? Why are you against a stable family unit with a mom and a dad?
I'm in a stable family unit. You don't get my point because you are in it. I hear folks all the time go on about wanting things to be like they were. They hide behind scenes like the picture. I don't care what two adults do. Why do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You were talking about mother/daughter and son/son.

Generally, those two people had a minor/guardian relationship BEFORE one of them became an adult, which negates the idea that the child, REGARDLESS OF THEIR AGE, is truly consenting, given that they would have at some point had a relationship with the parent as an AUTHORITY figure.

Same between prison guards and prisoners, hostages and kidnappers, prisoners and captors. When someone is or has been in a position of authority against someone who was helpless against their power at one point, it makes the whole concept of consent VERY MURKY INDEED.
You sound very judgmental. Who are you to force your bigoted views on two consenting adults who want to marry. Why are you against incest equality?

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
I don't agree with you, that's why I can't answer it. One man/one woman has been the historical definition of marriage more than any other definition. If gay marriage has always been the norm, as it appears that you're trying to imply, than why hasn't it always been accepted? And again, if you support same sex marriage, do you support consensual incest marriage?
You're not good at rational thinking are you?
How have I tried to imply that gay marriage has always been the norm? Not a rhetorical question. Please answer this.

1 man 1 woman marriage is only 1 type of marriage that has been accepted throughout history.

Are you in favor of redefining marriage to only include 1 man 1 woman? If you support the redefining of marriage, do you also support consensual incest?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Yes. I can read.

He/she clearly knew that you meant 'incest'. Why do you say that he/she was confused?
Are you being obtuse on purpose? The poster was being snarky and condescending and instead of engaging in debate, debased the conversation into an attack on my spelling prowess, or lack thereof, and cited it as a reason for my post "not being clear" as he/she put it. It was lasoff's words, not mine.

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
The slave analogy is a faulty one. But I'll tell you what, I'll completely placate you. Take away the entire monogamous man/woman marriage debate. Do you support a consensual incest marriage? Why or why not? Thanks
This response was more or less obligatory. Would you be a dear and explain how it is "faulty?"

Do I "support" it? No. Do I think the state should be regulating it? No. Why is it some of you seem to be incapable of distinguishing between disapproving of something and prohibiting it under the law?

Do you have any persuasive argument for prohibiting that type of marriage or gay marriage beyond it is not "traditional?" The others have done a fine job of pinning you down with regards to the erroneous claim that marriage has traditionally been a monogamous union between one man and one woman. That's been settled. Now, can you cite some evidence for how gay marriage will harm the common good? Other societies have legalized it long ago. How have those societies been harmed?

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Really? Phonetically they're the same, but mistakenly placing an "s" where a "c" should have been confused you. Ha.

Explain what you mean by "slippery slope" faux logic? I'm simply asking a question. If you support redefining marriage, do you support consensual incest? Why are you afraid to answer?
Really? You want to shrug off ignorance so simply? Guess that makes sense based on the thread.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the normal... of allowing people to marry animals.

The flaw in your logic is that "redefining" marriage leads to incestual relationships and their approval. that is likely why anyone with more than 1/2 a brain finds it pointless to answer. Nothing will sway your warped point of view.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
It's spelled with a "c".

And, if I support x, do I support something that isn't x?

Why, yes, that's how logic works...so, yes, yes I do.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
I'm in a stable family unit. You don't get my point because you are in it. I hear folks all the time go on about wanting things to be like they were. They hide behind scenes like the picture. I don't care what two adults do. Why do you?
When you write words like "hide behind" you imply that something is wrong with that picture. What is wrong with that picture to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies