Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandUSA View Post
Yea, but he needs you.
I'm busy.

[minding my own]

Old 02-24-2013, 04:10 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Mind your own business. If a GROWN father and son wish to marry, what business is it of yours?
Okay, at what point did this GROWN father and son begin their sexual relationship? When the son was five? Nine? Thirteen?

A father having sex with his minor child is abuse and against the law. It's not much better if the GROWN father somehow persuades his GROWN son to have sex with him.

Look at Mackenzie Philips and her father.

There is no comparison between that kind of effed up power trip relationship and an actual consenting relationship between two people.

I would also have issues with it if a male teacher tried to marry a student as soon as she turned 18, just because he can.

You cannot compare the two, they are not the same thing at ALL.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM

51 posts, read 32,613 times
Still waiting on the answer to big Gov or small Gov?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:13 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,674,786 times
Quote:
Already been addressed 10 pages ago. If you're a lazy poster in one thread, will you be a lazy poster in another? Why, yes
My answer is "I don't think one necessitates the other".

Never mind the fact that I'm not really against you...marriage as I understand it is between a man and a woman.

If the LGBT community wants to call their various unions "marriage" as well, I'll just have to make it clear what I mean when I say I want to "marry" you. What I mean is, I want to "live the traditional man-wife lifestyle with you, hopefully resulting in our own offspring".

"Genetic marriage", if you will.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Okay, at what point did this GROWN father and son begin their sexual relationship? When the son was five? Nine? Thirteen?

A father having sex with his minor child is abuse and against the law. It's not much better if the GROWN father somehow persuades his GROWN son to have sex with him.

Look at Mackenzie Philips and her father.

There is no comparison between that kind of effed up power trip relationship and an actual consenting relationship between two people.

I would also have issues with it if a male teacher tried to marry a student as soon as she turned 18, just because he can.

You cannot compare the two, they are not the same thing at ALL.
Exactly! Apples to kittens!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. If you support redefining marriage, do you support a mother marrying her daughter, if they both are consenting adults? Or a father and son? Why or why not? Thanks
How earth shattering would that be? I think it would be such a rare occurrence, nobody would notice. I wouldn't worry about it. If that's worst you could come up with, in order to oppose same sex marriage, I could live with it.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
I'd still like an answer as to how gay marriage will harm the mother of Sophia or anyone else.

If we are to go down the road of banning things we find "icky," I need to get working on my bill banning garlic, jean shorts and country music. Mother of Sophia has no evidence that gay marriage will harm anyone. She just doesn't like it so she is willing to have the state prohibit it and what small government advocate wouldn't support that principle? Bloomberg banning Big Gulps is offensive to freedom, but prohibiting adults from marrying who they choose is not. Got it? Good, you can explain it to me later.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,610,003 times
Quote:
Thread title says it all. If you support redefining marriage, do you support a mother marrying her daughter, if they both are consenting adults? Or a father and son? Why or why not? Thanks
Redefine marriage? Marriage is simply what a society makes of it. 100's of years ago it was different. Marriage and the meaning of it have always changed to accommodate the societal norms. It has always been redefined time and time again so this lame argument of "don't let the gays redefine marriage" is idiotic. Logically, when a society accepts or at least acknowledges gay people have a right to live their lives as anyone else, of course marriage should made to include gays. As far as incest, no I don't agree or think it's right but guess what, it's not my burden to bear and to demonstrate if it should be legal or not.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
BTW, I hope this isn't off-topic, but nothing seems more "unnatural" over my years of observations of human behavior than monogamy. I have seen little indication that humans are naturally oriented towards having one mate and boatloads of first-hand observations that they are not. Actually, one of Christianity's roles that grew over time seems to be scaring and intimidating its followers into devoting themselves to one person to overcome this natural proclivity to have relations with more than one person.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,143,014 times
You're arguing something that cant be proven. Two gays cant have children. And two homosexuals in an incestuous relationship (Aunt/Niece, Father/Son etc.) cant have children either. There is no objective reason to be for one over the other, if you are against either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies