Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Why can't the empowered women and their mate take care of them? Why is my choice "abortion" or "pay for their kids"?
And what do you think the answer to this is? Don't answer stupid, because you know we know you aren't, so don't go there. Answer it with intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I expect everyone to be responsible but alas, my hope are always dashed. I've come to terms with it and now just want to do whatever I can to make it easier for people not to be a burden to me.
And this is how your epitaph will read:

Here lies Ceecee - who lived for purely selfish, self-absorbed reasons, then dropped dead.

That's it, your philosophy in a nutshell.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Define "short-sighted".

Think past this decade. Look 50 or 100 years out and get back with me.
I'm not an age where getting back to you is possible in 50 or 100 years. If you're able to project that far out, good. I'm not.

If this is more of your birth rate stuff, moderate to well-off women don't have the access, financial restraints that limit abortions. # of children is mostly voluntary. The same can't be said for women below or marginally above poverty, the very group that In General produce more takers than providers. So whether short term is 5, 15, 50, 100 years, you should economically be thrilled to subsidize bc and abortion.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:03 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm not an age where getting back to you is possible in 50 or 100 years. If you're able to project that far out, good. I'm not.

If this is more of your birth rate stuff, moderate to well-off women don't have the access, financial restraints that limit abortions. # of children is mostly voluntary. The same can't be said for women below or marginally above poverty, the very group that In General produce more takers than providers. So whether short term is 5, 15, 50, 100 years, you should economically be thrilled to subsidize bc and abortion.
Yet somehow the poorest citizens of the planet manage...

What you really mean is "having kids AND a fantastic life shouldn't just be for the wealthy."

Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And this is how your epitaph will read:

Here lies Ceecee - who lived for purely selfish, self-absorbed reasons, then dropped dead.

That's it, your philosophy in a nutshell.
Really? I see nothing in what I wrote indicating I am selfish or self absorbed. Please point it out to me.

I said people aren't going to always be responsible and I don't want that to be a burden on me. In case you can't figure it out I'm all for birth control for whoever wants it and support it being coverd by insurance because I don't want the burden of a bunch of unwanted kids to fall on me/society. I know peopel are going to have sex wheter they want kids or not, I know people aren't always going to be smart about it and have things all planned out in advance with a backup plan in case things happen. I know pregnancy and womens health IS a medical issue and not some "lalalala natural thing that will always work out for the best".

I am a logical realist, you can put that on my epitaph.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Ok. So we are reviewing health ins. packagae at work as the preimums have gone up substantially. We are a small private company. I noticed among several options there is a pharmacy- contraceptives only -as opposed to the normal pharmacy coverage. The women in our group are post menopausal or have no need to BC. So Im somewhat amused. Come to find out the law mandates contaceptives must be offered, period. I know it isnt much but I have to pay $3.61/mo. if we just wanted to drop the pharm. option because we still have to carry BC pills (it dosent cover IUD or implants).
Where I believe ins. should cover BC as part of their general pharmacy, I think it is crazy that it must be provided as the only pharm. and there is no option to eliminate all pharm. Cant the gov. insert some logic into this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies