Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Army suspends tuition assistance program for troops - News - Stripes
The Army’s tuition assistance program was available for troops to complete a high school diploma, certificate program or college or master’s degree. Under the program, the Army paid 100 percent of the tuition and authorized fees charged by a school up to established limits of $250 per semester hour or credit hour or up to $4,500 per fiscal year.

They still get the GI bill.
Why am I paying for rubber stamp schools overseas.
Graduates still can't write a coherent sentence in their native tongue.

Let them pay for school while in the military.
Again, the GI bill wasn't touched.

BTW, why is this in place at all?
It's expensive discretionary spending.

Also, if the military member gets tuition assistance and gets a master's/doctorate, that person can then GIVE his GI Bill Education Benefit to a family member.
How is that fair to the taxpayer?

Don't give me the drivel that they're special because they're military.
I thought you were no longer a US citizen? So it is not YOUR money. If you still were a US national, you probably would not be paying any taxes. Chances are very good it is part of MY MONEY.

I would rather have tuitions for soldiers than dead beats and illegals. I guess libs have shown thier hand again and how they support bums over US servicemen. We should just be happy the libs are not still spitting on vets and calling them "baby killers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Welocne to BHO's new world order.

Put away your logic and traditions, Obama is now re-writing our history as promised. Michelle will be proud once again.

We now sacrifice the many, for the few, in an attempt to achieve social justice in the moment before America collapses under the weight of its uninformed and ignorant electorate, compliments of the propagandist news media.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,941 times
Obama says there is no budget crisis. Why does he want an uneducated Military ?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama will always put illegals first before Americans.. that is his baggage.. his racial baggage speaking

Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
When people enlist in the military and sign the CONTRACT isn't tuition assistance included in it? How many enlist because of the assistance? How many will not enlist because they see how easy it is for the government to break a promise in a contract? Can those not getting assistance sue the government for breach of contract?

Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
What is Obama Afraid of? Tuition for Illegal Immigrants and NOT the Military? Why on earth would The Commander in Chief wanted an uneducated force?

Military halts popular tuition assistance to save money | Local/State | NewsObserver.com

California Dream Act: 20,000 illegal immigrant students apply for state financial aid for the first time - San Jose Mercury News
conservatives continue to prove they don't believe their own bs. conservatives claim to crave spending cuts.

Yet, whenever the government cuts popular programs and spending conservatives insist that they don't want that program cut.

conservatives are liars and a joke.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM

He is really hurting poor minorities who are able to go college bu serving in the military. He is so anti minority, anti poor people, anti education.

Are you sure he is not a Republican?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
The only reason for stopping tuition assistance is the same as stopping tours of the Whitehouse- to cause outrage from the public to blame it on the sequester reduction of spending increases.
There wouldn't be any outrage if illegals tuition was cancelled. Anybody know how many Obamaphone accounts got cancelled?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not sure what you're trying to say here?
Just what the article says: Completing college classes can result in up to 100 extra promotion points which can easily help to raise a soldier’s points above the cut off. And as you progress in your career, a college degree becomes even more important.

Quote:
This has only been true since August 1st 2009.
Yep. I just provided a link for showing its a fact.

Quote:
They don't have to pay now? That's interesting, since everyone I knew while I was their supervisor, had to pay in....
I never said if they do or do not have to now. I was just saying off of my personal experience before the Post 9/11 GI bill took effect.

Quote:
I know for a FACT, some wives need to step away. You are not told everything, nor do you understand.
Sorry, I've dealt with wives for many years as a Seniors NCO....
Myself and other wives have fought for things our husbands were told were not so with documentation produced and published by the DoD. My husband tells me quite a bit. Some he cant, which I am good with.

Quote:
I retired in 2009 and only heard of 1 marriage re-treat....not to say they did not happen. As for schools, why would that happen?
I've noticed depending on the unit that the Strong Bonds retreats vary. Some units have done them more than others.
As for schools- I have to correct myself. The state we are in, the schools lost 25.4 million in funding from the sequester.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 AM

510 posts, read 430,705 times
Only 51% of Americans voted for Obama.

58% of Mexican citizens would vote for Obama if they could... Poll: Despite short shrift, Mexico would stick with Obama | GlobalPost

The American people suck.

Mexicans are much more appreciative of the various wonderful goods and services the US government can provide.

Thus, illegal Mexicans should be given priority by the US government since they're not whiny ingrates like most Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies