Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, we should stop cutting checks and giving breaks to corporations who don't need it and start helping the small business culture in this country, including trying to stimulate a small business manufacturing culture.
Then you certainly must vehemently disagree with this administration's method of subsizing big business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
If you watched the video, you might notice that Bill never referenced the "evil corporations",...but said simply that "...I am willing to pay my share",...but the taxes in California are ridiculous.
Exactly!! The left attempt deflection when they are backed in a corner and have nothing to say. Heaven forbid they actually admit when they are wrong.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,468,275 times
Maher is a libertarian. No surprise there.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 AM

990 posts, read 939,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Lefties are starting to open their eyes about BO and his followers and their 'take from those whom have and give to those whom don't.' Not liking the tax the rich philosophy so much when it starts to hit their wallets.

Once I again I tell the left that elections have consequences and don't complain when you get exactly what you voted for!!

Bill Maher complains that his taxes are too high | Conservative News, Views & Books

Actually, he's talking about his state tax. In reality, he's complaining about a state's rights issue, he's saying that the state has too much power to tax him, and that's actually right in line with nanny-statism because he thinks that taxes throughout the US should be uniform.

Then again, he's a hypocrite because he's previously said that he was willing to pay more in tax and the state tax has been the same since then, so his complaint is BS.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Maher has always been an advocate of stopping the shoveling money to corporations and getting money out of politics. This includes both parties. I don't see how it is "waking up" to anything to keep saying what he has been for years.
He was not referring to corporations or politics. He was complaining about the unfairly high taxes against the rich.
Pointing at Virginia’s former Republican Congressman Tom Davis, Maher said, “You know what? Rich people – I’m sure you’d agree with this – actually do pay the freight in this country.”

“I just saw these statistics,” he continued, “I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
He finally saw these statistics? Does he read a paper? Evidently he gets his "news" from MSNBC. You'd think he was a low-information voter.

Last edited by PanTerra; 03-19-2013 at 01:17 PM..

Old 03-19-2013, 12:25 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Lefties are starting to open their eyes about BO and his followers and their 'take from those whom have and give to those whom don't.' Not liking the tax the rich philosophy so much when it starts to hit their wallets.

Once I again I tell the left that elections have consequences and don't complain when you get exactly what you voted for!!

Bill Maher complains that his taxes are too high | Conservative News, Views & Books
Does the president set tax rates in California now?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
If you watched the video, you might notice that Bill never referenced the "evil corporations",...but said simply that "...I am willing to pay my share",...but the taxes in California are ridiculous.

Right....the libs on this thread are trying to deflect from from Maher's statement! LOL!! It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and so LATE!!!

Thanks Bill! Romney was telling you this last year! The rich are footing the weight for everbody! Bill admitted that too!! Wow....SMH.......

Ideaology trumps common sense! Maher couldnt see past his liberal hate! And now it's biting him in his tuckus!

Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Actually, he's talking about his state tax. In reality, he's complaining about a state's rights issue, he's saying that the state has too much power to tax him, and that's actually right in line with nanny-statism because he thinks that taxes throughout the US should be uniform.

Then again, he's a hypocrite because he's previously said that he was willing to pay more in tax and the state tax has been the same since then, so his complaint is BS.
His complaint is BS, because its not your pocket.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I agree, we should stop cutting checks and giving breaks to corporations who don't need it and start helping the small business culture in this country, including trying to stimulate a small business manufacturing culture.

Hell, let's all just be welfare dependents. And lets keep advertising in Mexico for them to come to the U.S. and get on welfare.

God bless America, land of the free stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies