Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,481,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The source is Beck. If the OP used a legitimate, unbiased source, then there could be an honest discussion.
There is no "honest" discussion to be had with someone who declares Bush to be a fascist and says the Tea Party wants to turn America into a Nazi Germany utopia. The very idea of someone saying that and then deriding someone else for not being legitimate and unbiased is absurd.
Quote:
When someone uses radical sites like the blaze, all credibility is lost.
I doubt you'd consider any site that didn't declare Republicans to be homicidal maniacs to have credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,914,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who cares about the beck video, I noticed both of you had zero to say about what reid said, why was that? Talk about parroting....

The sequester has not even started, not until April 27th. But yet we have bob and temp falling in lock step with the ignorant left to say that what happened to these Marines was because of the sequester.

Thanks for keeping up the leftist show of support for reid and not the Soldier (any Soldier).
I did actually listen to what Reid said in the video as opposed to what Beck said he said. Reid never stated nor implied the training explosion was in any way due to sequester. He expressed his concern and sympathies for those who lost loved ones. He then proceeded to state that the (Repub) sequester(different subject) would impeded the training efforts of our military. But hey, that's just me. I tend to understand the English Language.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:21 AM

46,445 posts, read 27,316,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I did actually listen to what Reid said in the video as opposed to what Beck said he said. Reid never stated nor implied the training explosion was in any way due to sequester. He expressed his concern and sympathies for those who lost loved ones. He then proceeded to state that the (Repub) sequester(different subject) would impeded the training efforts of our military. But hey, that's just me. I tend to understand the English Language.
Quote:
“One of the things in sequester is we cut back in training and maintenance. That’s the way sequester was written,” the Nevada senator said. “It’s just not appropriate, Mr. President, that our military can’t train and do the maintenance necessary. These men and women were Marines who were training there in Hawthorne, and with the sequester, it’s going to cut this stuff back.”
You must have a different English language than me. Here are his words above....

I guess Marine Col. Chris Huges also does not use your English Language:

Quote:
UPDATE 9:46 p.m.: In response to Reid’s comments, Col. Chris Hughes, deputy director of U.S. Marine Corps Public Affairs, said in a statement, “The comments are unsubstantiated and certainly do not reflect the Marine Corps’ position on this matter.”

But continue the support of people who want to use dead Marines for polotical purposes.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,116,065 times
The leftie mantra....."never let a crisis or a tragedy go to waste."

Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,855,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The leftie mantra....."never let a crisis or a tragedy go to waste."
I have to ask, are you old enough to vote?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to ask, are you old enough to vote?
What, you don't like the truth?

Quote:
You never let a serious crisis go to waste. Rahm Emanuel

Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,914,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You must have a different English language than me. Here are his words above....

I guess Marine Col. Chris Huges also does not use your English Language:

But continue the support of people who want to use dead Marines for polotical purposes.
And just where does Reid say the sequester resulted in this training exercise explosion? Answer is, it doesn't. Reid was talking about what implications sequester will have on future training, that is very clear. Now you obviously want to believe otherwise, but that want doesn't make it so.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
And just where does Reid say the sequester resulted in this training exercise explosion? Answer is, it doesn't. Reid was talking about what implications sequester will have on future training, that is very clear. Now you obviously want to believe otherwise, but that want doesn't make it so.
So, tell me how me and this Marine come to the same conculsion (and many others), and yet we are wrong and you are right.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,116,065 times
Quote:
Harry Reid Commemorates Dead Marines, Calls for End to Sequester

That's the headline on ABC news website.

His clear intent was to connect the two.

At least be intellectually honest enough to admit that.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:10 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,167,782 times
Really? Even Fox News, the spinmeisters that they are, didn't spin Reid's statement like the RWNJ websites cited on this thread.

Reid raises sequester debate after deadly military training accident | Fox News

And the Pentagon doesn't agree with World Nutz The Blaze and News Max.

A senior Pentagon official adds: "Reid didn't directly tie sequestration and the tragedy at Hawthorne. He made a general point about how training and readiness will suffer if sequestration isn't lifted."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies