Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Hum....What America are you living in?
I see Americans facing tough decisions with courage all the time.....I see Americans dealing with adversity and yet forging ahead with their lives....still happy and proud, content yet driven to not just improve themselves but to thrive...to be excellent!

Your point of view about your country....perhaps reflects your point of view about your own self.

....Reminds me of a classmate I had at the Academy who said...

...."It's O.K. to suck"..........
I am living in an America where most live in perpetual fear of exaggerated threats, yet a few have the courage to rationally evaluate each circumstance on its own merits contrary to popular opinion.

I am living in an America where I can buy Czech shoes, Japanese TV's, German automobiles, Brazilian beef, Chinese toys, and Saudi oil, but I can't buy Canadian medicine. I am living in an America where I can realistically choose between six different varieties of tomato's, more than a dozen different airlines, and no less than a thousand different kinds of investments, yet come election day, I will have a realistic choice between two people.

I live in an America where the extent of the peoples vision is that which lay at their feet instead of the horizon, and they see the future as the next fiscal quarter instead of the next generation.

I live in an America where for every ten cowards there is one who will throw himself on a grenade to save his buddy, and I live in an America where if this man lives, he will likely come home to sub standard treatment from his own government that just gave a State of the Union speech demanding that the citizens support their troops.

I live in a country that has potential beyond that of the human imagination, yet oddly prefers the comfort of mediocrity instead of risking failure for further greatness.

Most of all, I live in a country where at least for now, I am still free to sit here and say these things without fear of imprisonment or death. While we may have problems, we certainly have issues and there is definitely room for improvement, we are still a great country of great people, even if we still make human mistakes.

Of course had I not lost interest, I would have joined apathetic's anonymous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies