Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Nice deflection.

The topic of the thread is Occupy and Police Brutality.
Yep, you guessed it! occupy and police brutality.....

police brutality goes along with occupy because you are unable to show me a peacful protest from them....

Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, you guessed it! occupy and police brutality.....

police brutality goes along with occupy because you are unable to show me a peacful protest from them....
Police Tactics In Occupy Protests Vary From Crackdowns To 'Peaceful Coexistence'

But while the vast majority of demonstrators have hewed consistently to a non-violent ethos, the tactics of law enforcement have been anything but uniform. From jurisdiction to jurisdiction, official responses have varied from paramilitary style crackdowns to peaceful accommodation.

In Oakland, Calif., riot-gear clad police officers cleared demonstrators from their encampment using rubber bullets and tear gas grenades, gravely wounding an Iraq war veteran in the process. At the University of California at Davis, campus police doused the faces of seated protesters with pepper spray at close range, in an incident that quickly went viral after video of the event appeared online.

Other cities have taken a different approach. In Albany, N.Y., a planned move by the mayor -- with the support of Gov. Andrew Cuomo -- to oust Occupy demonstrators from a city park near the capitol was quashed after the city's police chief and district attorney aired reservations.

"So long as we have no violence that is being perpetrated against law enforcement and no damage to state property, there's room for peaceful coexistence here," the district attorney, P. David Soares, said in a recent interview with the Associated Press. "I support the right of all parties to assemble peacefully and express their points of view."

Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM

Police Tactics In Occupy Protests Vary From Crackdowns To 'Peaceful Coexistence'

From the top legal advisor of the mayor of Oakland...

Such an approach has been scorned in other cities, but not without consequences. In Oakland, the violent raid, authorized by Oakland Mayor Jean Quan, was harshly criticized by Dan Siegel, the mayor's top legal adviser. He called the raid "tragically unnecessary" in a press conference announcing his resignation.

Siegel, a civil rights attorney, followed up the press conference with a sharply-worded Twitter post.

"Support Occupy Oakland, not the 1 percent and its government facilitators," Siegel wrote.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM

May Day protests draw police but most are peaceful | Reuters

Occupy protesters disavow Oakland violence - US news - Life | NBC News

A day after some protesters clashed with riot police, set fires and shattered windows in Oakland, Calif., demonstrators across the country condemned the violence and wondered whether it was a turn that would destroy their cause.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
I am for the tazing of the stupid.

smelly people are the stupid.... those who poop on police cars are the stupid.... ergo, tazing occupy folks is cool.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am for the tazing of the stupid.

smelly people are the stupid.... those who poop on police cars are the stupid.... ergo, tazing occupy folks is cool.
Guess you'd support these cops then...

Robert Saylor's Death Ruled A Homicide: Man With Down Syndrome Died In Police Custody

Thanks for showing your true colors.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM

Is there any question who is more violent and angry??

Obviously it wasn't the core of Occupy.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
I'll bite since I can relate it to the thread.

It relates to the thread because it shows that often times police are treated differently in the judicial system than the average citizen.

UPDATE: Bradshaw Supporters Rally For Justice in Front of the Warren County Justice Center

UPDATED: Updates on Condition of Brandon Bradshaw

Off-Duty Deputy Involved In Shooting In Bowling Green - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports
You said a man was "murdered", but you don't supply any evidence of such or even a link someone might follow.

Any dimbulb could do that if there were a case against the "police figure".

You supply multiple links, but apparently none of them address the "murder" you claimed in this post:
Locally, an officer of the law attacked and murdered a very well respected young councilman and still has not been arrested.

After he ran the man off the road and shot him 3 times, he was questioned by "police," and allowed to go home. Many people in the community are outraged that the police are given special treatment.

Many on this thread seem to not care that the police are not being disciplined in this country.

Apparently the people in my town are of a different ilk. Thank God.

Are you really this stupid?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Quote:
I'll bite since I can relate it to the thread.

It relates to the thread because it shows that often times police are treated differently in the judicial system than the average citizen.

UPDATE: Bradshaw Supporters Rally For Justice in Front of the Warren County Justice Center

UPDATED: Updates on Condition of Brandon Bradshaw

Off-Duty Deputy Involved In Shooting In Bowling Green - NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather & Sports
What was the motive for this murder?

Old 03-28-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
You said a man was "murdered", but you don't supply any evidence of such or even a link someone might follow.

Any dimbulb could do that if there were a case against the "police figure".

You supply multiple links, but apparently none of them address the "murder" you claimed in this post:
Locally, an officer of the law attacked and murdered a very well respected young councilman and still has not been arrested.

After he ran the man off the road and shot him 3 times, he was questioned by "police," and allowed to go home. Many people in the community are outraged that the police are given special treatment.

Many on this thread seem to not care that the police are not being disciplined in this country.

Apparently the people in my town are of a different ilk. Thank God.

Are you really this stupid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
What was the motive for this murder?

To HiFi, its uknown at the time. The entire investigation has been kept from the public.

Also to be noted.

The 1st protest had nothing to do with whether the off-duty officer was guilty or not, it had to do with how the investigation was handled. The officer was never arrested or processed. He has not even been charged with anything yet.

That is what people are up in arms about.

And regardless what you shrills have to say, the people here ARE pissed because everybody knows everybody here. The man who was murdered was well respected around here and did a lot for the community. I believe he was also running for city council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies