Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Totally agree. I wouldn't call the president pond scum, I think it's disrespectful to the office. But I agree that it is incredible petty and low to use children as pawns in his sequester game.
And then to choose to continue spending tax payer dollars with abandon on his own family.
Very low indeed.
Why no outrage when the Bush girls attended school and travelled with and without mama Laura?
Why no outrage when SS had to take a BF to the hospital because he was that drunk. Or, how about the time the SS had to break up a bar room brawl started by the same drunk BF? Or the spontaneous trips to NYC?

And how many trips to Africa did Laura Bush take with and without the girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
You think that is bad?....I have talked to Obama Voters who had their work hours cut in half due to Obamacare. How do they know it was because of Obamacare? Because management told them so. I even talked to the managers and they said yeah, everyone is going to be reduced to part-time because of Obamacare. This isn't some speculation, the bosses came right out and said it. I asked any of these Obama voters that if they could go back in time and change their vote, would they do it. Not one person said yes. They would all happily vote for him again. Think about that, they are struggling, and knowing their paychecks have been nearly cut in half because of the left and Obama, they still remain loyal.

When you realize these people are willing to remain loyal subjects, even at the cost of their well-being, alot of their other actions begins to make sense. Party loyalty above all else. Even thy self.
The bosses are using Obamacare as an excuse to cut these worker's hours. It makes no sense for a viable business to take full-time workers and turn them into part-time workers just to avoid the ACA tax. These businesses will find that they will lose their best workers and suffer under productivity while retraining workers.

The cost of the ACA isn't so enormous that it is worth taking this Draconian action and besides, employers with fewer than 50 workers are exempt anyway.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
If the country was doing great, I would be fine with that.
But when you are locking other people's children out of the White House while sending your children on their third lavish vacation in 3 months, it's just wrong. This is taxpayers' money. Taxpayers should not be locked out.
Hell, his family doesn't even have to sacrifice. Multiple people have come forward and offered to pay for the tours. But Obama's still throwing his temper tantrum on the floor and won't do anything different until he gets his way.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Last time I checked, the president was rich and earns a good salary. When you are the President you get Secret Service whether you want it or not. Same thing goes for your immediate family. Sunk costs. I don't know why people are getting in a hissy fit over presidential privileges that have been in existence for decades.
When the WH is shut down because we have NO MONEY, it's more than disgusting to spend money WE DON'T HAVE on security for your daughters to go on spring break. Why couldn't they stay home?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold
You think that is bad?....I have talked to Obama Voters who had their work hours cut in half due to Obamacare. How do they know it was because of Obamacare? Because management told them so. I even talked to the managers and they said yeah, everyone is going to be reduced to part-time because of Obamacare. This isn't some speculation, the bosses came right out and said it. I asked any of these Obama voters that if they could go back in time and change their vote, would they do it. Not one person said yes. They would all happily vote for him again. Think about that, they are struggling, and knowing their paychecks have been nearly cut in half because of the left and Obama, they still remain loyal.

When you realize these people are willing to remain loyal subjects, even at the cost of their well-being, alot of their other actions begins to make sense. Party loyalty above all else. Even thy self.
Just like Jim Jones followers were led to drink cyanide. There is not much you can do for those types. They are already gone.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is all I've read of this thread, and I just have to say, "Big Whoop"! I work in a pediatricians' office and this week is spring break. Last week, we got numerous calls about "I'm going to Mexico and need a prescription"; "I'm going here; I'm going there". This week, we will get calls "I'm in Cabo and. . . ".

So what? These type of vacations are not out of sight for the person who earns $400K/yr.
It's not a BIG WHOOP if it's on the tax payer dime and this clown is talking about closing 149 air traffic control towers!!

Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM

545 posts, read 400,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We need some dignity bought back to the first family, right?

Bush's daughter cited for alcohol possession - CNN
I was waiting for one of you to bring up Bush. Good Job.

Last edited by EricGold; 03-25-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
This is all I've read of this thread, and I just have to say, "Big Whoop"! I work in a pediatricians' office and this week is spring break. Last week, we got numerous calls about "I'm going to Mexico and need a prescription"; "I'm going here; I'm going there". This week, we will get calls "I'm in Cabo and. . . ".

So what? These type of vacations are not out of sight for the person who earns $400K/yr.
The Obama's might pay for the vacation, but that doesn't mean the taxpayers aren't on the hook for lots of money for security, plane travel, etc.

If the Obama's were paying for 100% of the costs, that would be another thing altogether. But they aren't, WE are.

More excuses on behalf of the self-proclaimed ruler of America - let them eat cake.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I don't blame him for not caring what the rabid far right wingnuts think!
Right. He should ignore those taxpayers that are funding his golf trips, family vacations and elaborate celebrity bashes.

That's pretty much what the French rulers thought right before the Bastille was stormed.....

Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The bosses are using Obamacare as an excuse to cut these worker's hours. It makes no sense for a viable business to take full-time workers and turn them into part-time workers just to avoid the ACA tax. These businesses will find that they will lose their best workers and suffer under productivity while retraining workers.

The cost of the ACA isn't so enormous that it is worth taking this Draconian action and besides, employers with fewer than 50 workers are exempt anyway.
Excuse? Employers do not need an excuse to cut back. They will cut back when it makes sense and hire when it makes sense. Don't flatter yourself. Do you actually think that companies will cut back to spite people like you? Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies