Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But God created Satan. So if he loves us like you say he does, why doesn't he destroy Satan and end all of our sins...thereby making the world safe?
Because that would spoil the plot of their story.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,633,109 times
Have to ask Jesus that. Keep wondering.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God gave us a free will. We can choose to love God or reject him. God is omniscient. He knows all. He created us. He can destroy us. God didn't make a bunch of robots. No, He gave us a brain , a choice to choose, and we have trials and tribulations.. all of us .. it is what we do with out lives . Live for God or live for satan.
It's a shame some people choose not to engage the rational part of their brains. Or perhaps it's just underdeveloped from being brainwashed as children.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
God gave us a free will. We can choose to love God or reject him. God is omniscient. He knows all. He created us. He can destroy us. God didn't make a bunch of robots. No, He gave us a brain , a choice to choose, and we have trials and tribulations.. all of us .. it is what we do with out lives . Live for God or live for satan.
Omniscient? That makes the whole thing an even bigger farce.

So he creates beings, gives them commandments to live by knowing all along that most of the people he created will not follow his laws? Why would he create a baby in Afghanistan that will NEVER have a chance to learn anything about Christianity and would therefore be doomed to hell before he/she is even born?

If he's omniscient, then he knew about Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, 9-11, etc...and did nothing to save people. So what's the sense in believing in him? An omniscient God would know that Hitler would never accept Christianity which kills your notion of "free will" since our lives are already predestined.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No...I don't. Again, how could he command a born sinner to never sin again? Wouldn't that be impossible for her to carry out?
When He told the woman "sin no more" He meant abandoning the lifestyle where sin is habitual and willful. It is true it is impossible to never sin again. Everyone slips, but it is different from doing it habitually and willfully, like a practicing homosexual would. The key word is "practicing".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-05-2013 at 10:01 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
One can love their homosexual neighbor... they were created in the image of God.. they just sin and sin is hated by God yet God loves the sinner but doesn't accept the sin.
Wait... if men were created in the image of your God, does your God have a penis? If not, what makes him male?

And what about women?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When He said "sin no more" He meant abandoning the lifestyle where sin is habitual and willful. It is true it is impossible to never sin again. Everyone slips, but it is different from doing it habitually and willfully, like a practicing homosexual would. The key word is "practicing".
So perhaps you need to stop "practicing" habitual and willfull bigotry and prejudice?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Seven devils are spirits.
You really do miss the point every time....

Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
One can love their homosexual neighbor... they were created in the image of God.. they just sin and sin is hated by God yet God loves the sinner but doesn't accept the sin.
So should we fight to deny equal rights to everyone who sins?

If a sinner can not walk with god, then there is not on human being that can. What makes your sins less than mine?

I don't care if you accept my "sin" or not, I don't care about your twisted views on religion. I only care about being treated equally under the laws of THIS country now. I don't care about following the law of a foreign country over 2000 years ago. Or the laws of a religion that I belong to.

Do you think it is loving the "sinner" when you and your cohorts call us abominations, pedophiles, evil, etc?
I don't call that love at all.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why are you offended by discussions of religion and spirituality?
Where did I say I was offended? Point it out to me specifically. I asked a simple question, why are you conservatives so consumed by gays? Please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies