Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You still haven't shown even one instance of legal inequality.
You can't claim that people thinking mean things about you is discrimination.
If their thinking limits my ability to gain employment, have equal custody or slice off a portion of my genitals without my consent, then yes I perceive it as discrimination. Again, just because you choose not to see or admit this, does not mean it isn't discrimination. How would a man prove that he was denied a job based on his gender? All a woman has to do is say they hired a man instead of her and so many laws jump out to protect her give her justice. A man must first prove without a doubt that discrimination was a factor. This is why affirmative action needs to go away. It provides swift justice for women and minorities being discriminated against, there are no such laws protecting men from similar discrimination.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
My wife works in childcare because she enjoys it. I worked in childcare because I enjoyed it. The myth about it has lower pay, therefore men don't want to work there is a lie.
The median pay is 9.12/hr
the average annual salary is between 15 and 26K.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Wow, such hate directed at me when you have no idea who I am. Such intelligence is rivalled only by rocks.
If you're an abuser, yes, I hate that. You're right, I don't know you, but over many years I've heard ALL the drivel you've spent two days posting over and over again, and it NEVER came from someone who wasn't an abuser.

If you're not an abuser, you're just a run-of-the-mill, whiny misogynist in whom I have no interest.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The median pay is 9.12/hr
the average annual salary is between 15 and 26K.
Do you have a point? What you are saying is that men can't choose to work in a field they enjoy if it pays a lesser wage than a field he doesn't enjoy. Men work at McDonalds and other low income jobs without anyone questioning their intentions or intelligence. You are perpetrating the very discrimination and social perception of normal male behavior I am trying to raise awareness about.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Apparently gender equality is also only about women.
Did I say that? Historically men in this country have privilege, many MRA's seek to retain that status quo. Intelligent, well-informed feminists of both genders understand the notion that the intention of equality is not to diminish any one group's rights.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 04-10-2013 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
It's funny when normal men address issues like men's issues, female supremacists and their supports come like a gang and attack anyone who speaks on these issues, calling them "whiners", "complainers", that sort of thing.

Even when facts are presented, these people still ask "What issues" or they go around the facts and still try to debate with normal men.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
If you're an abuser, yes, I hate that. You're right, I don't know you, but over many years I've heard ALL the drivel you've spent two days posting over and over again, and it NEVER came from someone who wasn't an abuser.

If you're not an abuser, you're just a run-of-the-mill, whiny misogynist in whom I have no interest.
Again, you call me a misogynist and assume that I must have been an abuser. This perpetuates the discrimination towards men and society's false perception of normal and acceptable male behavior. I am not a misogynist. I have nothing against women, I don't hate them or deny them any of the rights they fight for. I stand with them as long as it does not unjustly discriminate against men.

You are a simply Misandrists who think men are evil and only women can be victims of gender discrimination and violence.

Because I stand for men's rights I must be an abuser or misogynist...right. The world has little need for people like you.

Last edited by raison_d'etre; 04-10-2013 at 02:38 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 02:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Aren't feminists against everything?

(except for the right to kill babies, that is)

Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Then why is it that every wife I know, myself included, nags their husbands to eat right, and go to the doctor when they're sick or to stay on top of their physcials?. Women don't view men as weak for taking care of their health--if anyone does it's MEN. Here's what I'm getting from you guys--you're blaming women for all these things that have absolutely nothing to do with women.
But of course thats what you're getting from me. Thats what you'll get from anyone who implies that both women AND men have a hand in helping all individuals live better lives. You'll focus on the female aspect because you've developed a hypersensitive reflex for female victimization which screens for any opportunity to deflect any expectation of female obligation to the whole of society, as me "blaming women" for everything.

Nevertheless, I do think there is SOME truth to the statement that men neglect their own health. Ive never implied that women viewed men as weak for taking care of their health. I said that men are conditioned by each other AND expected by women not to appear weak, and that going to the doctor is an admission that something is wrong or that there is a weakness in the body. How is that "blaming women", anymore than it is blaming everyone for their part in that sort of conditioning? Im blaming SOCIETY for conditioning men, and women for their complicit role in it.

So of course women are partially to blame for being complicit in their social programming of men -- they are a part of the larger society. You never heard men say to women who felt change was necessary: "Here's what Im getting from you, you're blaming us for all these things that have absolutely nothing to do with men. Your failures to make more money, and live in your ideal society have nothing to do with men. Your only problem is yourself." -- Obviously a demographic that is a part of a larger society has sense enough to know that none of us live in a vacuum -- so clearly men would have a role in making society a better or worse place for women. If not, having a male dominated society wouldnt have been considered one of the obstacles to women's rights, and women's rights would be simply labeled people's rights.

Quote:
As for disease and treatment being geared toward women--not true. In fact, heart disease is a great example. Women were under represented in studies for years, so it was assumed that women didn't suffer as great of a risk, and when they were affected, that treatment should be the same as men. Once people actually did the research with women, they found that both assumptions were untrue.
Heart Disease - Differences Between Men and Women
Heart disease was always studied as a unisex disease. Women only started coming into the fore in heart disease statistics now because they are living as unhealthily as men in present day society. Whereas before, very few women smoked and drank excessively, they are now almost on par with men in number. But what you're saying here is that a disease that is common among BOTH sexes, was not as well understood in each. Thats completely different from saying a health issue that affects women, is grossly more funded and researched than health issues affecting men. One represents a disparity in subjects in a common illness, and the other represents a clear bias in which illnesses even matter. And this doesnt take into account the research for cervical cancer vs. prostate, testicular cancer etc.

Last edited by soletaire; 04-10-2013 at 03:06 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Did I say that? Historically men in this country have privilege, many MRA's seek to retain that status quo. Intelligent, well-informed feminists of both genders understand the notion that the intention of equality is not to dminish any one group's rights.
Actually, male privilege is not universal as some would like us to believe. It is dependent on a variety of circumstances, the most important one being financial status, ethnicity, race and then behavior.

Nobody is claiming feminists seek to diminish the rights of anyone. But to assume that MRA's seek to retain the status quo is foolish and simply a sign of someone being misinformed. There is no denying there are fringe feminist groups that do seek to diminish the rights of men, as there is no denying there are some MRA's that seek to retain the status quo. The common assumption with feminists is not that they are trying to gain supremacy, the common assumption of MRA's is that they are trying to maintain the status quo or silence women. This has been achieved because both the fringe feminists and the quality feminist fighting for equality have perpetuated the idea that all MRA's are bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies