Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Any man that complains that life is tougher for a man, is a whiner and a wimp.
Tell that to hundreds of thousands of men that fought and died for this country.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Tell that to hundreds of thousands of men that fought and died for this country.
I doubt dead men are whining about how women have it better than men.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What part of the "women have to bear the brunt of the responsibility for the incubating, delivering and the raising of a child" are you not understanding? They do all the work, they get to make the decision.
Yes women have to carry and deliver the child, but to assume that they have to raise the child is a misassumption. Plenty of the men are willing to be there to raise the child, but the woman doesn't want to be with them. So, the women have all the power. Men are at the mercy of the women and that isn't right. Nobody should be at the mercy of someone based on gender.

A woman can choose to get an abortion. I am all for a woman's right to choose. Her body, her choice. However, men should have an option just like the women. If a mans choice is limited to before the act of sexual intercourse, then a woman's choice should also have such a limitation. Since women do have a choice and is completely understandable, men should also have a choice when it comes to financially supporting the child and mother if they want to be in their life, or not supporting the child and mother if they choose not to be in their life.

The financial burden should not be on the man, it paints a picture that women are incapable of supporting themselves and the decisions they made to have sex and have the baby. It assumes that men are bread winners who have a moral and financial obligation to pay to see their child because they chose to have sex, while a woman does not have a moral and financial obligation to support and pay for their child because they chose to have sex. It's saying men have accept responsiblity for having sex and getting a woman pregnant, while a woman does not have to take resposiblity for haveing sex and getting pregnant.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Any man that complains that life is tougher for a man, is a whiner and a wimp.
Any man that denies that men are treated unequally in some cases, is a supporter inequality and oppresses men who are victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
*Forced to fight for this country in wars it should not have been involved with.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:39 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
*Forced to fight for this country in wars it should not have been involved with.
Like world war 2? Why is it so hard for some to acknowledge the MEN have protect this nation for over 200 years. Every man has to enroll with selective service for the common defense, instead of snarky comments, recognize how much some have given for your freedom.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How will it only effect men? The man gets to choose before the act if he will be responsible if pregnancy occurs, and the woman will know that if she chooses to keep any pregnancy she is on her own. Until a man can carry a fetus, he has no say in abortion unless the woman wants to ask his opinion.
I don't think they should have a say in abortion. But I do think that they should have a say once they find out the woman is pregnant and going to have the baby.

Quote:
Some women, and men, lose years of career building time to stay home with children. My mom never worked, she was a stay at home wife. If my parents got divorced she would have no skills, or years of working her way up the ladder like my dad did. He worked, she did just about everything else.
That is hardly the issue today. Most households need dual incomes to survive. Majority of couples with or without children have both people working. They don't base alimony on who works and who doesn't as much as they did, now it is about who works more and who works less. My wife and I both work, I work slightly more than she does, we share the housework equally and pay bills equally. If we were to get a divorce she would get alimony if she asked for it. I would be forced to pay up to 25% of my income to support her.

Quote:
Bbbbbbut the evil feminists.
You might not think that feminists who are against ending circumcision would matter much, but they do. Until ending circumcision becomes an actual human rights issue, nobody is going to take is seriously. A million men could stand up against it, and it would go nowhere as both liberal feminists and conservative misogynists either ignore it or deny the legitimacy of it being an issue. And you being a simpleton about it doesn't help either.

Quote:
I couldn't find any other sources, or any actual stats.
I do know that they don't only look at the crime, but prior criminal history. There are no two cases where ALL factors are exactly the same
Basic stats on prisons. BOP: Quick Facts

Bit of a read: http://www.terry.uga.edu/~mustard/sentencing
Local News | State courts unfair to men, minorities, UW study alleges | Seattle Times Newspaper

And to make my point ever so clearer...

50 most disgusting responses to Toronto's male rape victim | womenspost.ca

Read the comments of any article on this case and you should be sick with how people are reacting to this. Not one peep can be heard from the feminists who demand justice for rape victims. If this was a woman, every feminist blogger, feminist organization and news site would be exploding. Society, including feminists, has it in their heads that only women can be raped and if a man is raped, he is lucky, overreacting, or making it up.

Last edited by raison_d'etre; 04-10-2013 at 12:48 AM..

Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Like world war 2? Why is it so hard for some to acknowledge the MEN have protect this nation for over 200 years. Every man has to enroll with selective service for the common defense, instead of snarky comments, recognize how much some have given for your freedom.
We don't need selective service anymore. There just isn't a need for it. I acknowledge the sacrifice so many men and women made over the course of our history. But selective service is no longer needed and is just one way to systematically make men seen as disposable. If you don't register with selective service you cannot get a school loan/grant, you can't get a license, or register to vote. Failure to register can result in prison time. This is wrong.

Selective Service System: Fast Facts

Quote:
BENEFITS AND PROGRAMS LINKED TO REGISTRATION

Printer Friendly Version
Registration is the law. A man who fails to register may, if prosecuted and convicted, face a fine of up to $250,000 and/or a prison term of up to five years.

Even if not tried, a man who fails to register with Selective Service before turning age 26 may find that some doors are permanently closed.
So I a man refuses to accept the disposabilty of his life, he subjects himself to discriminate.

Quote:
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
Men, born after December 31, 1959, who aren't registered with Selective Service won't qualify for Federal student loans or grant programs. This includes Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), Direct Stafford Loans/Plus Loans, National Direct Student Loans, and College Work Study.

CITIZENSHIP
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) makes registration with Selective Service a condition for U.S. citizenship if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday.

FEDERAL JOB TRAINING
The Workforce Investment Act (WIA) offers programs that can train young men seeking vocational employment or enhancing their career. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service. Only men born after December 31, 1959, are required to show proof of registration.

FEDERAL JOBS
A man must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service. Proof of registration is required only for men born after December 31, 1959.

Some states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register. See State Legislation.

Selective Service wants young men to register. It does not want them to be prosecuted or denied benefits. If a draft is ever needed, it must be as fair as possible, and that fairness depends on having as many eligible men as possible registered. In the event of a draft, for every man who fails to register, another man would be required to take his place in service to his country.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Umm... once again i can say to a woman, if you don't want the kid, wrap it up. Get your tubes tied. You can't just walk away, as much as you' like to. You know why I don't make such a claim? Because it's illogical, as is your argument.
Now he's arguing with biology.
But it didn't take long to come up with the women are whores comments.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
False accusers should get the exact same punishment that rapists get.
Which is usually none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies