Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I understand, and if it was 30 years ago, left wing groups would be a threat. There hasn't been a left wing attack since the early 1980s. The feds infiltrated those groups and the leaders all went to prison. Let's take a look at who's committed terrorist acts in the last 30 years, shall we? (hint--with a few exceptions, like the unibomber, it was all either foreign or radical right wing extremists) Could it be a left wing attack? Of course, but the odds (and recent history, with a logical assessment of threats) don't make it likely.

Terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorry pal, but the FBI ranked ELF as the top domestic terrorist group in 2001 in your own link.

this took me one minute to find on Google, try to not make ignorant statements.

CNN.com - FBI, ATF address domestic terrorism - May 19, 2005

John Lewis, the FBI's deputy assistant director for counterterrorism, said animal and environmental rights extremists have claimed credit for more than 1,200 criminal incidents since 1990. The FBI has 150 pending investigations associated with animal rights or eco-terrorist activities, and ATF officials say they have opened 58 investigations in the past six years related to violence attributed to the ELF and ALF.

But even ELF would not commit an act like we had in Boston. I cannot think of any domestic US terror group that would, why would they do it?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, I've watched a little bit of Fox and ABC News, and Fox has been pretty fair-minded about it. They mentioned Oklahoma City and right wing terrorists as a possibility among other groups. ABC said several times right-wing domestic terrorists, as if there are no other kind. Apparently, no one sees a motive for a left wing terrorist group here.
that is because the left HATES republicans and conservatives. The left has this evil strawman with every imaginable evil, vile despicable description and the slap that label on their "right-wing" strawman. So the fools at CNN, ABC, NBC, et al, actually believe their own fictional strawman is not only real, but common among the right.

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
They seriously have no clue how stupid they are.

And they have their base of clueless idiots.

We're lost!

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
But MSNBC has steadily been going on about right wing terrorists, saying most domestic terrorists are right wing extremists. I guess they forgot Ted Kazinski, Christopher Doerne, the father-son snipers, Bill Ayers and all the anti-war protestors of the sixties, eco-terrorists.

I will admit though that I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be right wing types because of the gun control laws. I remember Oklahoma City in response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. The problem I have is that MSNBC and now this Salon writer seem so eager for that to be the case.
Well, I have to group BSNBC in with the same particular kind of stupid as the Salon writer. Not typical of the average liberal, some of whom actually think. The reason I doubt that it's a right wing group is the target. If it had been an IRS office on tax day, yeah, I'd be suspicious. But a random attack against strangers, with no obvious statement to be made except to incite terror? Seems much more likely to be a foreign terrorist, very typical of the actions of various Islamic groups. I mean, they killed 100,000 people in the ME in the last few years, with these same methods. Or perhaps some left wing radical with the desire to expand government power even further. I think the LW MSM really fear that point and are doing everything they can to deflect suspicion in another direction, even if it takes slandering half the country to do so.

It's more likely some individual mentally disturbed nutcase of no particular political orientation. At this point though, it's too early to speculate.

I have to ask, why would you think a pro-gun person would do such a thing or select this target?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
The common denominator is that those entire demographics are considered foreigners. It isn't because of white privilege. An American black group committing terrorist acts wouldn't bring down the wrath against all blacks anymore than an American white group would. The fact of the matter is that even if the Muslim group is comprised of American citizens, it would still be considered influenced by outsiders as it most likely would be. I can't even imagine a group of Mexican nationals doing something like this.
You are simply wrong the criminal behavior of individual black Americans does lead to the policies that favor the police cracking down on black people.

Black Americans as a group are associated generally with crime, so much so that crime committed by black Americans is often labeled black crime. Please deal with reality.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
that is because the left HATES republicans and conservatives. The left has this evil strawman with every imaginable evil, vile despicable description and the slap that label on their "right-wing" strawman. So the fools at CNN, ABC, NBC, et al, actually believe their own fictional strawman is not only real, but common among the right.
fictional? please read this forum, specially a thread calling to intern all muslims in concentration camps.

I am really surprised El rusho and Mr. Glenn Beck are not calling for the same. Maybe they do know something we dont.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Thats too bad. Who is he?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
The stupidity of the leftist gun grabbers is amazing. They will use any excuse to try to advance their agenda. Seems that most will not be happy until the rights of the American people are taken away. It is a shame that free people have to continually fight forces that are so willing to take their freedom away.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
What makes Jay Mohr a leftist?
Quote:
Comedian-actor Jay Mohr isn't a big political player in Hollywood, but he does have tangential connections to two political campaigns -- Barack Obama's and Al Franken's.
Jay Mohr's peripheral political ties | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Quote:
Appearing as a guest on Friday's Imus in the Morning on the Fox Business Network, actor and comedian Jay Mohr took some sexual jabs at Sarah Palin, suggesting that she used to be his "booty call," and then later referring to her as "screwing black people since the mid-90s."

Quote:
He also imitated GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain as he cracked that Cain is "getting blacker" as the campaign progresses.
Actor Jay Mohr Makes Sexual Jokes About Palin, Finds Herman Cain 'Getting Blacker' | NewsBusters

Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 AM

1,127 posts, read 904,219 times
So supporting Obama makes one a leftist??

I guess that means most of the country is leftist, including Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies