Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
In post 2459, they have some profile. If anyone reads Russian, more info is there. Fox News is saying that they studied here in High School and probably for many many years.
Russian checking in. Will be reading that post.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
No, no it is the religion of Pieces.

Jihad means"My Struggle" so does Mein Kampf.

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
The President spoke well at the Memorial for the dead and injured when he said...We will find you and bring you to Justice.

Sorry he didnt satisfy your blood-lust.

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,946 times
Thumbs up Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Im no Google fan but their Chrome browser can do it automatically. I just downloaded it again just so I can read the page.

Thanks, I am just a bit tired... I did not think of that...

By the way, one thing people tend to forget is that there are Muslims all over the world. I agree with your above post. Just like there are Jewish people with blond hair, blue eyes, caucasian features from Iran. And in Turkey, there are Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc. And Muslims in most of these countries really dislike Christians & Americans....This individual looks a bit Turkish to me. I went to College with people from Turkey with similar looks like this one.... And in Russia, you also have a mix of religions.
If I am not mistaken, in Russia you have some people with Turkish blood, and they tend to be Muslim...

So, we cannot generalize or assume anything.... Not all Muslims are going to look like they are form Saudi Arabia....

Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
Ok this is the "current" NBC's sources info:

The suspects are Chechen brothers with the last name Tsarnaev, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The suspect at large, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is 19, was born in Kyrgyzstan and has a Massachusetts driver’s license, they said. The dead suspect was identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, born in Russia.

Law enforcement officials told NBC News that the brothers entered the United States in 2002 or 2003, and that Tamerlan Tsarnaev became a legal permanent resident in 2007.

That makes these guys 9 and 16 approximately when they entered the U.S. Little young for planted terrorists (and what is with the military experience quote???? That would imply US military experience for the oldest brother??). Even though they are foreign in origin, being here 10 years from that young age would but it back in a grey area of "domestic terrorism."

Again the final question is "Why?"

318 posts, read 566,984 times
Default Terrorists in Boston Bombing were two IMMIGRANT Brothers

Hopefully the determination that the two brothers responsible for the bombing at the Boston Marathon were recent immigrants to America will stop the foolish comprehensive immigration reform bill. While of course not all immigrants are going to commit these types of crimes, we should be more honest that the US Government needs to carefully evaluate all the immigrants coming into our country and the massive amnesty of the 20 million illegals without any type of serious background investigations, will just open America up to more terror.

Immigrants, yes, but only the best and the brightest and only after a significant background investigation!

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT HIS RELIGIOUS VIEWS. That would be politically incorrect! Let's continue to give the TERRORISTS all the benefit of the doubt and whatever we do - we must not PROFILE!!!
You make it sound like being muslim is a bad thing and by not labeling him a muslim we're giving him the benefit of the doubt. That's completely false. To give him the benefit of the doubt, we'd have to avoid calling him a terrorist. At this time, everyone is referring to him as a terrorist. No one is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, what he means is, we have to clean up our immigration system, which right now, really sucks.....
and has been for years...they need to clean house and start all over again, and start sending people home who are not citizens and from that point on, start really watching anyone who is in this country illegally, period. The law is the law...and if you have no respect for the law, then you need to go home to your country....
This should be a number one priority on our goverments "to do" list....
I'm sorry if you've had children here, but this has got to freaking stop....
If you've been here all that time, and have had children here, you've certainly had time to become a citizen....
This is a blatant disrespect for our laws...my son, who is a cop, told me, a whole lot of these people, not only do not have drivers licenses, but do not carry insurance, as well.....

I was really hoping after 911 happened, that they would clean up our immagration system, but they haven't done a darn thing to stop these people from getting in our country and they are here in droves.....unbelievable?
Exactly!!!

Sadly, BO has no interest in making this a priority.

2,095 posts, read 3,103,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Or will he refrain from insulting his religion of Islam?
It's a shame you don't have enough respect for yourself to acknowledge any truths outside your bigotry. It's also a shame that you don't respect your country enough to refrain from insulting its leader. I feel really bad for people like you. Unfortunately CD is full of them.

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What's your issue with greencard holders? Not everyone wants to be a citizen. My business partner is a greencard holder from Germany and has been for 40 years. His wife is a citizen and they spend half their time in Germany and the other half here. Just because he's not a citizen you want to send him back to Germany even though his kids are here? That's absurd. It's not against the law to be a permanent resident. He pays his taxes (on a 7 digit income) just like you and I.

What you're doing (just like the other poster) is concluding by induction. That's not valid. If you ever attend college, you'll learn about inductive reasoning (along with deductive reasoning) and you'll see why your statement does not make any sense and is severely flawed.
I don't care, I know someone who is doing the same thing, however, we've got to make laws, and if they affect us or your friend, sorry, but a law is a law....we cannot say, oh, yeah, he can stay, but we're sending so and so home....
I have a problem with this, b/c anyone can stay here on a green card, and like everything else, it is unfortunate, but there is always someone who breaks the law...or uses and twists our laws...
that would be like saying, I won't fire you, even though you did not swipe your card to get into the building, but I will fire the other person for doing so...b/c they've only been here for 10 years and you've been here for 16? Wrong, you fire both, period.

A question my son had during a test one time....
You have 3 cars speeding past you, the first car is the mayor of the town, the second car is the head of homeland security and the 3rd car in a priest...which one would you stop. Common sense tells you, the first car, regardless of who it is, because if you stop him the other two will slow down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies