Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 12:43 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,386 times

Advertisements

Katiana which other country would have requested that? I am just wondering.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was trying to explain how they got the components for the bombs. I forgot about the guns. It seems anyone who wants a gun can get one or ten.
Yup, and it seems clear that if they didn't have guns, then the chase would have been over early Friday morning instead of going on all day Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We do have current background checks.
For every gun sale? At every gun show? Every private sale too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As a 19 year old, it was illegal for him to purchase a handgun anywhere in the US.
And if the laws holding gun sellers and gun owner responsible for the firearms that pass through their hands were more stringent, that would have reduced the chances he'd have gotten his hands on the firearms he had, and reduced the chances that the whole shootout with police would have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just one more gun control law that failed to serve any purpose.
That's ridiculously naive. Gun control laws are intended to reduce probability of gun crimes, not eliminate such crimes. It's time to grow up and stop thinking in childish black and white terms, and recognize the reality of the world around you (and I'm directing that at David Keene as much as at any gun nut apologist that may be in this thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Silly comparison.
Actually, it was an on-target comparison, but evidently it upset you enough to have your bigoted perspective discredited so that you felt compelled to try to deny the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Too bad this pos survived. Save the taxpayers some money.
In case anyone was wondering what self-aggrandizing barbarism looked like in the modern age, here's a good example.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Katiana which other country would have requested that? I am just wondering.
I have no idea. I'm just saying, we don't know for sure it was Russia.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Monday morning quarterbacking. He probably slipped into the boat during the night, before the "lockdown" of the neighborhood in Watertown. At least with no one moving about, he couldn't have called a friend to rescue him.
I heard that the boat had previously been searched and the owner noticed the cover had been moved.

Is that true?

If so - he would have had to been hiding elsewhere and moved in the daylight when the cops had moved on and while people were still inside.

I also wonder if he knew Watertown because looking at the map, the location on Franklin St. in relation to where he originated at Dexter/Laurel seems an unlikely place for one to end up if they aren't familiar with the area.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
The FBI had a tip about the older brother from Russia and did little to nothing.
They questioned him and found no concrete reason to detain him any further at the time.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They questioned him and found no concrete reason to detain him any further at the time.
the fbi found no derogatory information on their DB therefore it might have been a local cell communicating in person.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,021 times
After this past week, I have officially reached the point where I don't believe anything I read or see on the news. In fact, I will now go live in a bubble with sufficient self-medication to keep me very happy and I will plant flowers and pet my cats. Can't change the world, can't save the world .... can only save myself.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I have no idea. I'm just saying, we don't know for sure it was Russia.
CBS is reporting it is most likely Russia.

FBI got information from Russian FSB that Tamerlan Tsarnaev was radical Islam follower

By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, April 20, 2:07 PM

WASHINGTON — The Russian FSB intelligence security service told the FBI in early 2011 about information that Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings, was a follower of radical Islam, two law enforcement officials said Saturday.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:04 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I heard that the boat had previously been searched and the owner noticed the cover had been moved.

Is that true?

If so - he would have had to been hiding elsewhere and moved in the daylight when the cops had moved on and while people were still inside.

I also wonder if he knew Watertown because looking at the map, the location on Franklin St. in relation to where he originated at Dexter/Laurel seems an unlikely place for one to end up if they aren't familiar with the area.
The house with the boat was a block and a half outside of the area that LE searched door to door, so unless the homeowner searched it before they asked everyone to stay inside, that wouldn't be true. It was within the area where they asked people to stay home though, so if he was moving around after that point he would have been seen. I don't know any more than anyone else, but it would appear that he crawled in the boat during the night after the shoot out, and the homeowner didn't see the blood on the boat tarp until after they were told they could leave their homes.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,667,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Is that true?

Nope, that is not true.

The boat had been sealed for winter.

They noticed the flap had been moved because it had stayed on all winter with no issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies