Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
Again I hope you're right. For now good night

Would love to later to continue the debate on the capacity of evil of the US government

I think it's a very important subject with very important implications
And I think that would require a different thread. It could be very interesting.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you about your general points. I'm disagreeing with you that THIS particular incident took place as a result of some tyrannical government plot to gain more power. THAT is what the New World Order people are saying.

I'm not an all-government-trusting person. Not by a long shot. However, I do think these conspiracy theories about every major tragedy, like Sandy Hook, this bombing, the Colorado Dark Knight shooting, etc. are nuts.
Snopes debunks most of the stuff that the conspiracy nuts have latched onto. Won't stop 'em though. They're addicted to the stuff.

snopes.com: Boston Marathon Bombing Rumors

Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTC View Post
Is This Boston or Baghdad?

Those pictures make me sick to my stomach. Anybody that would applaud this kind of military presence on our streets, has no idea what this country stood for or what we are becoming. The "land of the free, home of the brave" is history now.
The Nazi SS were just following orders too.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Snopes debunks most of the stuff that the conspiracy nuts have latched onto. Won't stop 'em though. They're addicted to the stuff.

snopes.com: Boston Marathon Bombing Rumors
thanks for the link.

One would think the fact that one of the suspects is still alive, has been charged and arraigned and most likely is now represented by the Fed. Public Defender would at least give the conspiracy folks cause for pause, but I guess probably not.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Here's where I think crazy has taken over. They have him in a hospital. Spending probably thousands to save a guy who probably wished he had killed himself. Why? To assure they can't put him on trial for a capital crime. With a defense attorney sworn to use every legal trick to exculpate him and turn him loose in the streets (remember, "he's a citizen, so you CAN'T just send him home"). If they'd manage to finish the guy off in the boat, the whole world would be saved one wacko killer. But to haul him into intensive care? Why? Because, gosh, he could DIE? Does the Constitution so many love to interpret here say he has a right NOT to die in these circumstances? I would have put him in a holding cell and hoped his wounds did the rest. He WAS shooting at cops, more than once. Most times when the result is a dead suspect, society doesn't find it can't sleep that night. We are so tangled in our mass of conflicting values in this country, we can't do even the smallest thing logically. I'm no rightwinger. I'm a leftwing extremist if you want a pigeonhole. But the strenuous efforts to get this guy to a trial are foolish beyond description.
Arresting someone with serious injuries and taking them to jail and not seeking medical treatment I think would come under cruel and unusual punishment, 8th Amendment.

In some states at least, if a death row inmate tries to commit suicide and fails, the state will go to extraordinary lengths to save that person's life, give them all the medical care needed, in order to later execute that person. That is a fact. They will not let such a person die.

Why do you think it's so foolish for this person to have due process? You simply can't have exceptions to that rule. I'm far left, too, and I can't understand your position.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I thought it was ridiculous that people thought Bush/the government "planned" 911, and I also think it's ridiculous that people think the Boston bombings were orchestrated by the FBI/Obama/the government.
Doesn't sound like you gave it much thought at all.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Tamerlan Tsarnaev was "Mr. Mom".

Quote:
The feds have asked to speak with Tamerlan's wife, Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, who converted to Islam after she met her future husband at a nightclub. She dropped out of college, got married and had a baby three years ago.
William Farrington / Polaris
The FBI would like to speak to Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, seen here leaving the Cambridge house where she lived with husband Tamerlan Tsarnaev, her lawyer says.

Her lawyer, Amato DeLuca, told The Associated Press he was trying to work out the details of an interview.
His client, he said, worked up to 80 hours a week as a home health aide while Tamerlan watched their daughter. He said she didn't have any suspicions he might be plotting something.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...-religion?lite

Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
He won't tell you, but it's the New World Order conspiracy theory. They believe that a group of enormously wealthy and powerful elites are behind all these events (and that they are in control of our government) in order to "condition" people so that they are afraid, or something, and will not oppose more controls going in place, like cameras, etc., etc,. gradually eroding our freedoms.

I don't believe in that thing, but you can google New World Order and read about it. I've confronted this poster on this issue previously and ultimately it came down to New World Order. I think there are a lot of people out there who believe bits and pieces of that overall conspiracy theory. It's interesting to see how it got started.

I think it defies common sense but that doesn't stop people from believing it.
You've been playing me in your personal messages. From the same link I sent you in dm
The NWO is very real, it has been in play for quite some time now. They are highly determined, and have made great progress. That must make you very happy.

1973 -- Humanist Manifesto II is published:
"The next century can be and should be the humanistic century... we stand at the dawn of a new age... a secular society on a planetary scale.... As non-theists we begin with humans not God, nature not deity... we deplore the division of humankind on nationalistic grounds.... Thus we look to the development of a system of world law and a world order based upon transnational federal government.... The true revolution is occurring."

April, 1974 -- Former U. S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State, Trilateralist and CFR member Richard Gardner's article The Hard Road to World Order is published in the CFR's Foreign Affairs where he states that:
"the 'house of world order' will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down... but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault."
D.L. Cuddy: Chronological History of the New World Order

Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,480,367 times
Quote:
Arresting someone with serious injuries and taking them to jail and not seeking medical treatment I think would come under cruel and unusual punishment, 8th Amendment.

In some states at least, if a death row inmate tries to commit suicide and fails, the state will go to extraordinary lengths to save that person's life, give them all the medical care needed, in order to later execute that person. That is a fact. They will not let such a person die.

Why do you think it's so foolish for this person to have due process? You simply can't have exceptions to that rule. I'm far left, too, and I can't understand your position.
Yeh, you guys would break your necks claiming it was "punshment". Truth is, your heart bleeds for a murderer and displays little or no feeling for all the people who are teetering on the edge of death for NO fault of their own or trying to face the reality of a friend or loved one killed by these Chechens. Won't America be SO PROUD of you!

Amazes me that Russia doesn't take a census of the federation and expel all Republics with 5 percent or more Muslims. Or maybe just expel the Muslims. No sense in ever expecting them to rat out their coreligionists. Not in order to save innocent lives. We try to look at them as individuals, but they themselves produce the solidarity that invites bigotry. Anyone got a list of murderes or conspirators outed by fellow Muslims? Their clerics should step up to a microphone and explain why the lives of other Muslims outweigh the lives of people of other religions. I guarantee that if I knew of a self-styled Christian planning to commit mass murders, the name would go straight to every agency of law enforcement I knew. No one planning such an atrocity IS a Christian. Why should I ever consider protecting them? Again, I want the "peaceful Muslim community" to vow to turn in anyone they suspect. That way,we can count them on the side of civilized society.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Boston bomber's mother Zubeidat Tsarnaeva says sons are innocent - Telegraph

That's what they always say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies