Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 05:46 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,729,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
No, a reasonable, sensible, smart person calls it what it is -a spade is a spade.
A reasonable person wouldn't be so proud of practicing religious bigotry as you are. A reasonable person would actually try to hide their religious bigotry instead of boasting about it as you have.

Quote:
Islam is NOT a religion of peace and we all know that...or at least those of us whom live in reality.
"Christianity is NOT a religion of peace and we all know that...or at least those of us whom live in reality." See how easy it is to post pointless nonsense?

Old 04-19-2013, 05:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,890,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
I have seen three "last names" so far for these guys. The origins and sources are all over the place.

Again, patience people...

On top of that, some law enforcement person is saying they have "military experience" yet they are 19/20 and have been here over a year. Somewhat of a quandary of facts he is stating, unless by "military experience" they were "rebels" when they were very young...yet are documented "legal residents" so that can't be the case either.

Again, the facts are ALL over the place. Patience.
Per Pete Williams: Suspects names: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, born in Kyrgyzstan. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who is 26

Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Man its 6:45am cst and you're full on mad-mode...good morining sunshine.
Not my time zone, sunshine! And btw....not mad, just truthful. I know, I know, that is very hard for you lefties to understand the difference between the two. Take a deep breath, have a cup of coffee, and try to hold off on the kool aide and step into realty for just a bit today.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,050,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Not only from overseas..we had one American that was programmed as well..Awlaki.
Good point. I was referring to student visas and those we allow in our country. But yes, we have plenty in our own country that hate us. Those are harder to find as they are already here. But when we are screening people to allow here for any reason, I think we really need to step up how we conduct background checks.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,244,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I'd have to agree. That's why we don't consider the South to be American. They fought to gain their independence (and lost).
The difference between Russians and the Chechens is much greater than the South and North.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
A reasonable person wouldn't be so proud of practicing religious bigotry as you are. A reasonable person would actually try to hide their religious bigotry instead of boasting about it as you have.

"Christianity is NOT a religion of peace and we all know that...or at least those of us whom live in reality." See how easy it is to post pointless nonsense?
The only response worthy to you is....lol.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,775,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Per Pete Williams: Suspects names: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, born in Kyrgyzstan. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who is 26
Yes that is the latest one I've seen. Again, we need to wait a bit to find out what's going on. Per NBC 10 mins ago (notice how much has changed in last 10 mins):

The suspects are Chechen brothers with the last name Tsarnaev, law enforcement officials told NBC News. The suspect at large, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, is 19 and has a Massachusetts driver’s license, they said. Law enforcement officials told NBC News that both men are legal permanent residents of the United States, had been here about a year and had military experience.

Lots of holes still here folks.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,729,943 times
Quote:
The only response worthy to you is....lol.
The truth hurts, I know, and I suppose some people do protect themselves from coming to grips with their own offensive behavior by laughing about it.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,775,316 times
Haha, Fox News just changed their breaking from "living here less then a year" to "living here several years."

Again. All over the place....

Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,204,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no, what he means is, we have to clean up our immigration system, which right now, really sucks.....
and has been for years...they need to clean house and start all over again, and start sending people home who are not citizens and from that point on, start really watching anyone who is in this country illegally, period. The law is the law...and if you have no respect for the law, then you need to go home to your country....
This should be a number one priority on our goverments "to do" list....
I'm sorry if you've had children here, but this has got to freaking stop....
If you've been here all that time, and have had children here, you've certainly had time to become a citizen....
This is a blatant disrespect for our laws...my son, who is a cop, told me, a whole lot of these people, not only do not have drivers licenses, but do not carry insurance, as well.....

I was really hoping after 911 happened, that they would clean up our immagration system, but they haven't done a darn thing to stop these people from getting in our country and they are here in droves.....unbelievable?
What's your issue with greencard holders? Not everyone wants to be a citizen. My business partner is a greencard holder from Germany and has been for 40 years. His wife is a citizen and they spend half their time in Germany and the other half here. Just because he's not a citizen you want to send him back to Germany even though his kids are here? That's absurd. It's not against the law to be a permanent resident. He pays his taxes (on a 7 digit income) just like you and I.

What you're doing (just like the other poster) is concluding by induction. That's not valid. If you ever attend college, you'll learn about inductive reasoning (along with deductive reasoning) and you'll see why your statement does not make any sense and is severely flawed.

I agree the immigration system is far from perfect. But there's nothing wrong with those that came here legally.... except for the terrorists that we shouldn't have allowed in.

Last edited by NJBest; 04-19-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.