Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times

Advertisements

He doesn't even have an INCOME. Maybe he misread the thread title.

But he has his gubment money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 AM

977 posts, read 763,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
He doesn't even have an INCOME. Maybe he misread the thread title.

But he has his gubment money!
Sure I have an income. And I took my employers money. No riot. No protests.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Sure I have an income. And I took my employers money. No riot. No protests.
Dude. You were unemployed and collecting unemployment - meanwhile telling all others how lazy they were for not working.

I can never take anything you say seriously again.

Now I have to get back to WORK - something few righties seem to be familiar with. Especially those who are 'big time employers' with an even bigger post count. And you know who you are.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Dude. You were unemployed and collecting unemployment - meanwhile telling all others how lazy they were for not working.

I can never take anything you say seriously again.

Now I have to get back to WORK - something few righties seem to be familiar with. Especially those who are 'big time employers' with an even bigger post count. And you know who you are.
He understands how liberals are hurting his employment chances. You know, just because Obama says something does not make him right.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He understands how liberals are hurting his employment chances. You know, just because Obama says something does not make him right.
You've posted as much as I've posted in 6 years, in 6 months. Maybe you should be working too.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
You've posted as much as I've posted in 6 years, in 6 months. Maybe you should be working too.
lol, you don't like what I said. Oh by the way, I misspell words too.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:17 AM

Widening Income Inequality Bad For Economic Growth: IMF Report

Famed economist: Income inequality bad for economy - NorthJersey.com

Q. Occupy Wall Street has forced income inequality into national discourse. Putting aside the question of whether disparities in income and wealth are fair, what is the impact of income and wealth inequality in this country, and if that gap continues to grow, what could be the economic consequences?

"Inequality is bad for growth, stability and efficiency. … Inequality peaked both before the Great Depression and before the Great Recession, and it's not an accident. So basically, when we have a lot of inequality, demand goes down. … All this inequality was offset by creating a bubble. The bubble allowed people to consume more. Now we have the inequality but we don't have a bubble, and that means that we will have persistent, weak demand, and therefore unless we create another bubble it's going to be very difficult for us to get back to full employment."

Old 04-23-2013, 03:31 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Alas, i am one of those evil student loan defaulters Reagan warned you (or your parents) about. I have a student loan garnishment which takes almost 10% of my income and leaves me living below the poverty line and I would need to make equal voluntary payments (on top of the garnishment) for 9 consecutive months to get my loan out of default. On a poverty-level income that is very unlikely to happen. That is why I cannot get a student loan today.
Didn't you go to college, like, 30 years ago? You're still paying on a loan that old?

I had student loans from that time, and paid them. In full. On an entry level salary.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Agreed.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
I'm starting this thread to discuss the Economic impact our current income distribution has on our economy.
You mean you’re starting this thread to push disinformation.

We can start with your misuse of the word “Income.”

Earnings are Income, but Income is not limited to Earnings. Earnings are wages/salaries.

Income includes Earnings, yet someone may have Income of $100,000 per year without working a single day --- that is to day they have no Earnings….no wages and no salary.

Income includes --- but is not limited to --- monies derived from Wealth, where Wealth equals assets. Income may be derived from non-asset/non-Wealth sources. Alimony is an example of Income. So is any type of structured settlement through insurance or litigation.

Quote:
Does the current income distribution in our country hurt business?
The question is irrelevant.

Income is distributed by choice.

Table 1.4 All Returns: Sources of Income, Adjustments, and Tax Items, by Size of Adjusted Gross Income

Bracket: $25,000 under $30,000
# of Returns Filed: 8,950,075
Adjusted Gross Income: $245,309,107,000
Wages/Salary: $193,814,226,000

Source: Statistics of Income--2010 Individual Income Tax Returns Internal Revenue Service Washington, DC

Income: $245,309,107,000
-Wages: $193,814,226,000
---------------------------
Wealth $51,494,881,000…………..and yes, that’s $51.9 Billion just for the $25,000 to $30,000 AGI Crowd.

You see…..Wealth is a matter of personal choice…you either choose to build Wealth…or not.

Quote:
Would an economy where the Middle and Lower class have more disposable income be better?
In great propagandistic fashion you just glossed over to Disposable Income.

Disposable Income is also a matter of personal choice.

Quote:
I believe more incentives should be given to businesses to invest in their employees.
What does the employer get in return?

Why should I spend $20,000 to train you, only to have you jump ship to a competitor?

You need to invest in yourself, not your employer…..it is you who need to sell your skills, not your employer.

Quote:
If you go to the grocery store and look at the items on the shelves, they're distributed by a handful of corporations. Beverages, the same. Fast food, the same.

Most of our industries are dominated by a handful of bloated conglomerates.
That’s what Americans wanted…..Americans have spoken and voted….democracy rules.

Quote:
One of the 1st lessons we learned in Econ class.
You should file a lawsuit for fraudulent misrepresentation.

Quote:
Put money in the hands of the poor and they'll spend it.
That’s because the poor are stupid…..what did you say earlier? Oh, yeah….

Quote:
I'm starting this thread to discuss the Economic impact our current income distribution has on our economy.
You can spend money, or build Wealth in order to generate Income, but you cannot spend money and build Wealth at the same time.

Quote:
The whole concept of this thread has gone right over the heads of many posters.
The concept was ostensibly Income Distribution, which you botched, because you don’t understand the definition of Income, or that income is a matter of personal choice.

Quote:
Was it really necessary for Butkus and PGHQuest to come in and ruin a completely good thread?
Seriously, the thread sucks. There is nothing substantive and no evidence.

Quote:
Here's a comparison of income inequality by country.
Income Inequality is an Oxymoron, just like Sex Inequality, Intelligence Inequality, Divorce Inequality and Weight Inequality.

Quote:
It's basic Economics.
Uh, basic economics is the reason you have no jobs in America, and wages are flat/declining.

Quote:
I'm not for a massive redistribution of wealth and don't believe in taking people's hard earned money, but I do believe in policies that encourage employers to invest back into their employees. The allocated resources will be taxed (as income tax) and then re funnelled back into the economy.
There’s no point investing in employees. In case you’ve forgotten, this is post-Industrialized America.

Quote:
That's not true either.

First, how do you determine their "worth?”
The Laws of Economics via Supply & Demand determine the value/worth of anything, and that includes Labor. How did you put it? Oh, yeah…

Quote:
It's basic Economics.
Quote:
Wages have been stagnant nationwide for quite some time now.

Source: http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/ic...hapter%204.pdf

Ooops…

Wages are rising in Los Angeles, and not just Nominal Wages, but Real Wages.

Quote:
I'm not talking about for myself. However, some of us are worried about the well being of ALL.
Just a reminder…self-appointed Saviors usually end up getting crucified (or burnt).

Quote:
I'm looking at the Macro Economy.
Why would you want to do something stupid like that?

What does the illegal National Government tell you? They claim the so-called "poverty level" is $11,500 for one person (CONUS excluding Hawaii and Alaska), but the funny thing is Reality.....

$11,500 equals $6038.85 per year in Cincinnati
$11,500 equals $21861.80 per year in San Fransisco

In other words, due to the fantastic differences in the cost-of-living throughout the entire United States, a person in Cincinnati is not impoverished unless their Income is below $6,000 yet someone living in San Francisco is in poverty at $21,000.

Did you happen to take that into account with your propaganda Income Distribution? Let's look at two persons each receiving Social Security benefits of $1,100 per month (the average in the US)...

equals $25,115 per year in Cincinnati and is 4.1 x greater than the "Federal" (snicker) Poverty Level
equals $
9,132 per year in San Fransisco and is 2.4 x below the "Federal" (snicker) Poverty Level

Do you not see, uh, you know, "inequality?"

That's the Great Paradox....for you see....you cannot stop a stupid person from squandering their money satiating an infantile desire instead of using their money to acquire and build Wealth, but you can stop the grotesque inequality created by the illegal National Government.

So why don't you?

Why do you all insist upon perpetuating such a grotesque injustice?

Quote:
I want this country to have a strong and healthy future.
That is not possible for the very same reasons I mentioned way, way, way back in 2007.

This is 2013. When are you figure it out?

Quote:
For example, if Krogers has 100,000 employees, brings in self-checkout, and then only needs 80,000 employees, the remaining employee's pay should not be affected. In fact, depending on Kroger's competitors and their internal financial stability, the remaining workers pay could actually increase.
No, that’s wrong.

Wages are determined by the Laws of Economics via Supply & Demand, not fantastical aquatic ceremonies.

Did those “self-checkout” machines fall out of the sky and land in Kroger stores?

Did Krogers hire Chief Electronic Squatting Bear to have a pow-wow and perform the “Self-Checkout Machine Dance” so the machines would magically appear in Kroger stores?

Or did Krogers buy those machines?

And what does it cost to maintain and repair those machines?

Educationally...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies