Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 08:04 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Are you saying that you hate America or that Lincoln was a bad president?
The federal government, which tramples on our rights, deserves nothing but hate. And Lincoln was probably the worst president we've ever had. A mass murdering tyrant. 600,000+ dead for his stupid power trip, trying to stop an action entirely legal and a right under the Constitution, and the same thing our founding fathers did with britain..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 04:03 PM

130 posts, read 265,515 times
The Federal Government has no business messing with states rights... The southern people are not sheep like you yankees. I'm so tired of people telling me I have to be politically correct! If i see something that offends me I look the other way i dont try and get it outlawed! Just remember no slave ship ever flew the Confederate Flag they flew the American flag. Maybe good ole Al should want to take the stars and stripes down instead of the confederate flag. I even see pics of the kkk with the american flag..... i'm soooo tired as are most americans of the blacks always crying

Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The Rev. Al Sharpton has just issued a statement criticizing Vice President Dick Cheney since it has been reported to him "by media" that the Vice President's hunting trip Monday is being conducted at the Clove Valley Rod & Gun Club in Union Vale, New York, where, Sharpton alleges, "there is a Confederate Flag hanging at the club."

I do not know this to be true.

In fact, it seems fairly clear that Rev. Sharpton does not know this to be true.

Political Punch
Sharptons a nut. he is best ignored as has opinion really means jack ****

Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,719,722 times
I can't wait till that fat racist bastard has a fatal heart-attack.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:34 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Sharpton inspired an email to Lou Dobbs when he was on, telling how he wanted the FCC to investigate the paper that printed the cartoon. He can't win saying that its racist, most agree, and the idea of firing the staff didn't go over well, but he's got this bit of revenge up his sleeve.

The Confederate flag represented an attempt at creating a new nation. That failed. The war officially ended over 100 years ago but is still being fought. Note the references in today's news to states rights? Note how in the south its not the Civil War but the War of Northern Agression. Note how when the official lobodomized version of why and how and over what in the history of said war is questioned, its slammed. The victors write the history.

As far as the flag representing slavery, just think of this. Without the seccesion and the war, how long would it have taken to END slavery? The Emancipation Procolamatin did not free anyone; the northern army was not in control of the south at the time and it freed no one in the north. It was an emotional and political move. Without that need, would Lincoln who was by nature a cautious man, have issued such an edict? Could it have been enforced? How much politics and economic change would it have taken to come to that point? How long?

So in a sense the Confederate flag more than anything represents the END of slavery.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 PM

295 posts, read 320,585 times
Hey cpt I live in the north please don't refer to all of us as sheep! First I refuse to follow this government in any direction it leads its brain-washed citizens! Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, who the hell made them leaders anyway?
What kind of jobs do these men have? I guess by making issues out of something to get pay-offs from crooked politicians! Why can people put ***** rainbow flags up and fly them?Shouldn't these flags be considered genocidal? If we have a nation of GAYS doesn't that mean the end of the human race?
Perhaps BIGMOUTH AL should take on real issues like the high crime rates of American cities, teenage pregnancies among black youth. I'm not going to put down all Americans of African origin because not all of them are the same as neither are all whites but the Confederate flag is in no way racist and I agree with a majority of the people here-GRAB A REAL HISTORY BOOK AND LOOK UP THE FACTS BEFORE TYPING NONSENSE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU PROBABLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies