Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM

177 posts, read 266,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Wasted vote
Lol rep for u
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 10:51 PM

177 posts, read 266,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Your President will be in West, Texas tomorrow and will attend the Bush Library celebration. And just to tick you off, he'll squeeze in a fundraiser. Any other questions?
Lol haha rep

Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Made up my mind, I don't want him all over the place. In fact, I want him at work just like most Americans. Park the jet(s) for awhile. Get some work done. Be visible at work. Just a thought.

No need for him to be dedicating anything except his attention on how to read without a teleprompter, work on the economy...repeat.....try not to **** off the right too much and for God's sake, stop the non-stop partying....not a good thing in a terrible economy. Show some restraint. Show some leadership. Jay-Z and Bouncin' Beyoncé need a rest.
The teleprompter jokes are so stupid. Every president since Carter has used them. How has president been partying. You are making statements without backing them up and what does jay Z and Beyonce have to do with anything ?

Quote:
He could do the right thing with this FAA debacle. Take the spending out of numerous other sources and keep our fragile business community moving. He could also work on that immigration reform where we replace the welcome mat with some stiff borders. I'm not sure of ANY other country in the world that has such porous borders as ours save, perhaps, Canada. And NO one is going to their country to mess things up. Ann Murray did enough of that already.
Congress controls all spending. You should be telling them they should spend more than 3 days a week in Washington and to stay until they fixed their mess. Remember, it is there committees that decided where to cut.

Quote:
Stick to fixing our messes. We have no shortage of them. Send foreign aid to domestic destinations for a try. We like rice and beans too you know. No sense in burning thousands of hours and jet fuel on delivery. Besides, we're always hungy. Try UPS, they do a great job and are pretty much always on time. The brown is kind of lame though, perhaps a cobalt blue would be better? Something that smacks of eurotrash....but, I digress....
LOL, ok this one is funny and true, except the UPS part. Ever tracked your package with UPS ?? back in 2010 when i was trying to be a young entrepreneur before i had taken a single college level class, i use to buy and sell items over the internet. Before UPS changed their order options, they used to have a cheap 1 week option for shipping. I could track something and it would say it was at the DC in Robertsdale and in reality it would be sitting right there on the truck. I discovered this while overlapping my orders. i was standing at the side of the truck and i could see a package with my name on it, then he handed me a different one and was about to leave, i asked if he had anything else and he said, " let me check ". He eventually picked up the package and gave it to me, and the same thing continued to happen. Eventually i just started asking for anything with my name on it. Seems that no matter how much you pay for shipping, it still arrives at the DC in 5 days or less. So the express shipping charges are just a mark up.

Quote:
Try to work with Republicans instead of taking your ball and going home every time they disagree with you. Take a course in economics. I love history but, economics are more important now. Find a way to put this bomber of Boston into a washboard. You went half-way around the world and clipped the tall funny looking guy, certainly a 19 year old from some kickthecannistan country can't be too difficult to work on? Just sayin'
We Democrats feel that the Republicans are the one taking their ball and going home.

Quote:
Do something with all your failed business initiatives (cash for clunkers, bailouts, green energy concerns) and try to do something that might work. Instead of stealing our cash, try taking some of GM's back? They owe us billions and I don't know about you but, I could use a few extra bucks this week. God knows I'll never buy their products save maybe, a pickup and then, only a used one.
Green energy has an 88.5% success rate. the 11.5% of failures just seem to be more interesting news. President Obama isnt stilling your cash, again congress decides where the money goes, not him and all spending bills must originate in the House (controlled by Republicans)

Quote:
Get GM a map, a great realtor, and find some broke XXXX lands in Iowa or something to drop those 5 plants in. They really, really don't need to go to China, with our bailout money, and build 5 new plants there while ignoring the core constituency he says he's there to protect. God knows there's a myriad of Democrats disguised as part-time autoworkers/full-time pension hunters looking for another assembly line to pump out more mediocre products festooned with planned obsolescence throughout?
It cost to much to import an American car to China at a 35% tax. GM did the smart business move by building plants in China just like Hyundai,Toyota and Mercedes building plants here. didnt know only Democrats worked on assembly lines.

Quote:
Certainly Janet Neopolitan, the ice cream lady, is going to need a new job after that speech she gave yesterday. Lame comes to mind. Right up there with Clinton and his "Oscar Winning" performance. This might be just the ticket for her. Special envoy to the Iowa State Fair or Pork Futures liason or some other pseudo legit title. Sure. Maybe she can show the Chinese delegates just how to get over even more on us. Just don't bring Biden. Noting says "trust me" more than his smirk. Guy belongs on a GM lot. I swear that guy could screw up a prom date quicker than some pimple faced kid announcing "my condom broke."
no idea what this is about.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
No I don't want to rephrase my response. The majority don't make the laws in this country. This is exactly why we need to bring back Civics in our education system, for those of us who think this nation is or should be governed by the majority.

How did it feel when the majority voted against gay marraige in California, you accepted it right? Oh that's right, you went straight to the courts because you thought it was un-Constitutional regardless of what the majority thought. We are governed by the rule of law. Glad you learned something today.

Wow, you are dense. The Constitution was voted on and ratified by the majority, the same as any law in this nation is.

Or did you forget that. you seem to forget that someone had to make those original laws in the first place, and a large enough majority can repeal parts of the constitution.

We are ruled by laws that the majority have made. As i said before there has never been a single law passed in this nation that had less than a majority's support.

And what the supreme court does is judge weather something fits within the laws already on books.

Glad you learned something today.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Probably out in Mexico instructing more soon to be illegals how to apply for food stamps once they arrive

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Wow, you are dense. The Constitution was voted on and ratified by the majority, the same as any law in this nation is.

Or did you forget that. you seem to forget that someone had to make those original laws in the first place, and a large enough majority can repeal parts of the constitution.

We are ruled by laws that the majority have made. As i said before there has never been a single law passed in this nation that had less than a majority's support.
And what the supreme court does is judge weather something fits within the laws already on books.

Glad you learned something today.
Good lord, no we are not. The majority do not make the laws, we do not live by rule of the majority. We've even had an instance where the majority voted for a presidential candidate and lost. We had an instance in California, where the majority voted to ban gay marriage and that majoritarian decision is going to be tossed out because it's against THE RULE OF LAW.

Here's some more information for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuGIpsdE0

Old 04-25-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Good lord, no we are not. The majority do not make the laws, we do not live by rule of the majority. We've even had an instance where the majority voted for a presidential candidate and lost. We had an instance in California, where the majority voted to ban gay marriage and that majoritarian decision is going to be tossed out because it's against THE RULE OF LAW.

Here's some more information for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuGIpsdE0
I think i need to find that video they show to 7 year olds

" The legislature makes the laws, The executive enforces the laws, the judicial interprets the laws. "

Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The teleprompter jokes are so stupid. Every president since Carter has used them. How has president been partying. You are making statements without backing them up and what does jay Z and Beyonce have to do with anything ?

Here we go! It's an EXAMPLE regarding his frivolous spending of OUR money...the economy is in the crapper and he's busy visiting Beyoncé and Jay-Z...kind of like an African American coming out party...while some may feel is way overdue it really doesn't do much to help the economy....does it? We all like to marvel at Beyoncé's looks and wonder why Jay-Z, as ugly as that guy is, landed her....oh yeah...Bling bling!!! two-way, double-down, jump back and kiss me twice, wut it iz!!!!

Congress controls all spending. You should be telling them they should spend more than 3 days a week in Washington and to stay until they fixed their mess. Remember, it is there committees that decided where to cut.

Uh...nope....political pressure controls all spending and the last I checked, that "evil" Congress you portray is the ONLY thing keeping this guy in the White House in check...if it were an all Democratic sweep (congress, senate, executive) there would be free sprint phones for infants if they asked for it!

LOL, ok this one is funny and true, except the UPS part. Ever tracked your package with UPS ?? back in 2010 when i was trying to be a young entrepreneur before i had taken a single college level class, i use to buy and sell items over the internet. Before UPS changed their order options, they used to have a cheap 1 week option for shipping. I could track something and it would say it was at the DC in Robertsdale and in reality it would be sitting right there on the truck. I discovered this while overlapping my orders. i was standing at the side of the truck and i could see a package with my name on it, then he handed me a different one and was about to leave, i asked if he had anything else and he said, " let me check ". He eventually picked up the package and gave it to me, and the same thing continued to happen. Eventually i just started asking for anything with my name on it. Seems that no matter how much you pay for shipping, it still arrives at the DC in 5 days or less. So the express shipping charges are just a mark up.

Can't recognize satire and a joke when you see one...huh.....yes, the marvels of that 30 year old GPW technology is amazing to pre-college kids selling used condoms on the internet....welcome aboard....by the way, being Democratic and obviously a stalwart on economics, what happened to that used-condom business anyway? Lots of emotion, baaaaad ideas.....a Democrat tradition!

We Democrats feel that the Republicans are the one taking their ball and going home.

Uh nope, we have actually told your side what the ball costs...apparently not a one of you has a calculator or the ability to use it if you did....in the words of Ben Franklin, "the strongest power in the universe is compound interest"....think about that one awhile as we spin Vana White's Wheel of Debt past 16.5 trillion....

Green energy has an 88.5% success rate. the 11.5% of failures just seem to be more interesting news. President Obama isnt stilling your cash, again congress decides where the money goes, not him and all spending bills must originate in the House (controlled by Republicans)

Well, I guess your guy must be the dunce of all investors....Solindra anyone? Speaking of bad spend and whacked dreams, how did that cash for clunkers end up in the end???

It cost to much to import an American car to China at a 35% tax. GM did the smart business move by building plants in China just like Hyundai,Toyota and Mercedes building plants here. didnt know only Democrats worked on assembly lines.

Gee Wally, maybe we should try to help the auto industry compete on a global level??? I'm gonna go on a limb here and say , if we could bring the manufacturing cost DOWN domestically, export taxes and tariffs can be offset by IMPORT taxes and tariffs...we have waaaaay too much of a deficit as you know...today?

no idea what this is about.
Your right, you don't. You were too busy selling used condoms on the internet at the time.....while that may be okay for that e-bay crowd, it doesn't hold up too well with those that like their sex disease free and in a clean hygienic fashion....google away and learn a few....satire is not lost entirely on your generation....give it a whirl. With any luck, you will discover that the "good work" this administration has done has grown our debt by at least 6 trillion while managing to keep unemployment roughly where it was when he started, 3 months into his first term....

And just wait until employers figure out how many folks they are going to have to whack to offset those healthcare costs.....hey, maybe your used condom idea will have a future? In the very near future, most one will be able to afford new ones, let alone comprehensive, lost leader to pharmaceutical companies, birth control pills...
Defending this guy is like telling those on the Titanic to remain calm, 1 hour and 30 minutes after they hit the iceberg.....noble in nature, foolish in practice.....

Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Where's Obama?

At the helm of the free world.

Currently plotting a course away from the middle east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies