Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:31 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,440,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It be better to let the home values fall to their true market value so that more Americans can afford to buy them. Supply is not equaling demand and I believe its because the banks are propping up home values.

I think we're just now beginning to figure out exactly what is going on.
Home prices are overvalued by at least 25%. There are regional exceptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM

27,255 posts, read 15,421,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I noticed Goldman Sachs wasn't mentioned in the article. I guess they're still busy doing the work of god.

Reference current Administration.
Heck they are a major part of it.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:08 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,951,260 times
Fighting the bankers in Sweden.
Removing The Shackles: Petition of the Century in Sweden

Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,158,385 times
If people start protesting in front of these banks store windows I bet they'd change their tunes. What are they stupid??

Do people really believe they can do whatever they want?

During the height of the Occupy Movement. Many protesters marched to the homes of some of the execs. I thought it was extreme at the time, but if they want to use that type of rhetoric, they need to be brought back down to reality.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,022,186 times
Quote:
If people start protesting in front of these banks store windows I bet they'd change their tunes. What are they stupid??

Do people really believe they can do whatever they want?

During the height of the Occupy Movement. Many protesters marched to the homes of some of the execs. I thought it was extreme at the time, but if they want to use that type of rhetoric, they need to be brought back down to reality.

The banksters have deep pockets. So yes, they do feel that they can do whatever they want! Weren't they bailed out on the dime of us taxpayers, because of bad business decisions? It's sad, but they seem to have their own set of rules which are different from the common man. Money talks... bu..........well you know the rest.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,158,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The banksters have deep pockets. So yes, they do feel that they can do whatever they want! Weren't they bailed out on the dime of us taxpayers, because of bad business decisions? It's sad, but they seem to have their own set of rules which are different from the common man. Money talks... bu..........well you know the rest.
They may have deep pockets, but they have to live in the same society as everyone else. Occupy was right in marching right to their doorstep and demanding accountability. I didn't know the corruption was so widespread.

There's Americans who do have the balls to literally stand up to the corrupt parties. It's sad that they banksters tried to ruin the lives of so many good Americans. My friend being one of them.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,363,180 times
I didn't read all the posts but here is the problem I have with Holder's comments. Nobody is asking him to prosecute the banks. They are asking him to prosecute those who broke the laws while running the banks.

The only reason this would harm the economy would be the idea that you can't do whatever you want and get away with it.

It's amazing that there are still so many on here that will defend politicians.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,022,186 times
Quote:
They may have deep pockets, but they have to live in the same society as everyone else. Occupy was right in marching right to their doorstep and demanding accountability. I didn't know the corruption was so widespread.

There's Americans who do have the balls to literally stand up to the corrupt parties. It's sad that they banksters tried to ruin the lives of so many good Americans. My friend being one of them.
They should have taken it to Washington! The politicians are the ones who are getting their palms greased to allow these banksters to operate with a different set of rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't read all the posts but here is the problem I have with Holder's comments. Nobody is asking him to prosecute the banks. They are asking him to prosecute those who broke the laws while running the banks.

The only reason this would harm the economy would be the idea that you can't do whatever you want and get away with it.

Nobody should be above the law, but again.... money talks.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,916,246 times
Ironically Adam Smith in the "Wealth of Nations", the first book describing Capitalism and market economics, noted that businesses, particularly, joint stock businesses, has a tendency to collude and share markets instead of suffering open entry and price competition. These businessmen worked with government to devise all manner of ways to protect investment and investors from competition. Over the last 400 years this basic flaw of Market Capitalism has metastasized onto the global control of the world by a very few self serving businesses.

I just wonder why anyone is surprised or why no one has devised a cure that does not create an economic disaster before a real capitalist market economy can be reinvented for the world. Devising a way to apply a regulated market to the world economics is the next generation’s greatest task.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,974,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Exactly! And it was the way that he said it.

He said we couldn't prosecute these filthy swine for fear of "collateral damage in the economy" like we are at war with the banks that deemed themselves "too big to fail"...a war in which we unknowingly conceded.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 04-29-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies