Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,969,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wow, we just love to criminalize people in this country for every little thing, now don't we?
I think it should be called paying their "fair share"....how many men/women would think twice about having unprotected sex if they knew a pregnancy could result and were held accountable for 18 years of being tied to one human being for all it's needs.......... called a child. No one should be able to walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,177,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Unless they are paying child support I believe they should get 3 years in prison for each child they father out of wedlock and our taxes end up paying for. Then we could all buy stock in Trojan Co and be set for retirement.

But seriously, how long are we going to allow this cycle of ignorance, poverty, welfare and crime to go on? It's like a ponzie scheme.

With today's DNA technology this law would be very easy to enforce. Maybe 3 years is not enough?
Here's a Novel idea... If you are a male, and you get someone pregnant, you are responsible for the first 9 years of raising the child.

After 9 years, the Mom, (who has had liberal visitation), will raise the child, and the man, will have not only the SAME visitation rights, but will be REQUIRED to accept having the child with them the same amount of time the MOM had the child for visitation.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,957,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And welfare mothers should lose their children rather than get more welfare.
You can't fix stupid. When and if stupid becomes a real problem, you will know. Right now its not. Every day the percentage of men that can get it up long enough to father even one child drops. 10? Impossible. Not any longer. Or perhaps I should say, not for too much longer. We can wait. There are other problems more pressing. No one wants or should want or be forced to take on the ruined offspring of the stupid. There are a lot of stingy, mean spirited people posting who DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR IRRESPONSIBLE MEN'S CHILDREN!!! Really? Come on, put a dollar figure on it... how much of your ~2K - ~3k in TAXES is going to take care of the abandoned offspring of deadbeat, serial fatherers? A ball-park will do. This thread badly needs some perspective. There is also this: were the o.p. to get his wish and such a program were actually to be administered... how long would it take before the true nature of the demographics of the fathers that would be sent down for 3 year stints got the attention of concerned Americans everywhere? How long would it take before vigorous and strident appeals for the repeal of the program became deafening? Only on City-Data... ...

H

Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM

1,127 posts, read 905,642 times
Quote:
Do you know what I think is dumb? Allowing men to run around impregnating 10 different women and never paying a dime of support or spending 10 mins with any of his children.

And then taxing hard working people to raise those children and building more and more prisons to house those neglected children who grow up to break the law because they never had a mentor or guidance.

But thanks for your brilliant contribution.
It's disgusting and irresponsible but that's the cost of freedom.

Do't like it, go to Saudi Arabia or some other theocracy. Stop trying to turn the US into the stone ages.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:19 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,882,134 times
Quote:
Unless they are paying child support I believe they should get 3 years in prison for each child they father out of wedlock and our taxes end up paying for. Then we could all buy stock in Trojan Co and be set for retirement.

But seriously, how long are we going to allow this cycle of ignorance, poverty, welfare and crime to go on? It's like a ponzie scheme.

With today's DNA technology this law would be very easy to enforce. Maybe 3 years is not enough?
Yea, about the same time we put women in jail for having children out of wedlock.

It takes too Mr. Rocket Scientist.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,015,729 times
HEY!!!! Let's just BAN sex for anyone who is NOT married!!!! And married couples are ONLY allowed to do it for the purpose of procreating! If caught and it is found that you are not married, then off to prison for the both of you!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Here's a Novel idea... If you are a male, and you get someone pregnant, you are responsible for the first 9 years of raising the child.

After 9 years, the Mom, (who has had liberal visitation), will raise the child, and the man, will have not only the SAME visitation rights, but will be REQUIRED to accept having the child with them the same amount of time the MOM had the child for visitation.
Stop. Just please, stop. How old are you? Do men have breasts? Can they nurse? WTF is wrong with people? What part of YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID can't you get. Not every social ill can be solved with a half baked Conservative regime. Men with sole custody who do not have a mother, aunt or GF to assist or take on the total job of the childrearing do NOT make ideal parents! Not for long anyway. Our society just does not have the wiggle room to allow a custodial Dad the flexibility needed to function as both parent and breadwinner. The problem, as I see it... people who will never ever even get the chance to get someone pregnant are talking out of _____ _____ about something they know absolutely nothing about. It's gross and disgusting. This thread needs to be locked, it is getting that offensive.

H

Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,177,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Stop. Just please, stop. How old are you? Do men have breasts? Can they nurse? WTF is wrong with people? What part of YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID can't you get. Not every social ill can be solved with a half baked Conservative regime. Men with sole custody who do not have a mother, aunt or GF to assist or take on the total job of the childrearing do NOT make ideal parents! Not for long anyway. Our society just does not have the wiggle room to allow a custodial Dad the flexibility needed to function as both parent and breadwinner. The problem, as I see it... people who will never ever even get the chance to get someone pregnant are talking out of _____ _____ about something they know absolutely nothing about. It's gross and disgusting. This thread needs to be locked, it is getting that offensive.

H
I am 54, and I raised 2 daughters as a single dad. I can bottle feed as well as any woman can. Seriously, if a woman wants to nurse the baby, then absolutely, she retains custody until she finishes nursing, then the man raises the child.

BTW, I raised BOTH of my daughters, without any female family living even in the same state as I. Neither of my daughters are in jail, neither uses drugs, one is already a college graduate, (Summa *** Laude), and making close to a 6 figure salary. We had some rough spots here and there, but ALL of us made it through alive and well.

Dad absolutely can be breadwinner AND caregiver, as long as everyone else aren't cavemen or living with their heads in the sand. Just because Men don't have breasts and a vagina, doesn't mean we aren't as capable at raising a child as any woman is.

Last edited by Darkatt; 04-29-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am 54, and I raised 2 daughters as a single dad. I can bottle feed as well as any woman can. Seriously, if a woman wants to nurse the baby, then absolutely, she retains custody until she finishes nursing, then the man raises the child.

BTW, I raised BOTH of my daughters, without any female family living even in the same state as I. Neither of my daughters are in jail, neither uses drugs, one is already a college graduate, (Summa *** Laude), and making close to a 6 figure salary. We had some rough spots here and there, but ALL of us made it through alive and well.

Dad absolutely can be breadwinner AND caregiver, as long as everyone else aren't cavemen or living with their heads in the sand. Just Men don't have breasts and a vagina, doesn't mean we aren't as capable at raising a child as any woman is.
So... because YOU are such a stand up guy and WANTED to raise your daughters without any female family living in the same state, it ought to be the LAW, that all men that father children be their sole custodials for 9 years. Right... are you feeling stupidly grandiose yet? Because that's the effect I'm working at. How dare you. And, no, most men cannot raise a child as well as any woman because child rearing is not done in a vacum. Everything is working against a single dad and some will prevail but most won't. Most don't. Reality trumps anything your fevered imagination might conjure. The REALITY is a scheme like yours would not work.

H

Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM

36,727 posts, read 31,015,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
So... because YOU are such a stand up guy and WANTED to raise your daughters without any female family living in the same state, it ought to be the LAW, that all men that father children be their sole custodials for 9 years. Right... are you feeling stupidly grandiose yet? Because that's the effect I'm working at. How dare you. And, no, most men cannot raise a child as well as any woman because child rearing is not done in a vacum. Everything is working against a single dad and some will prevail but most won't. Most don't. Reality trumps anything your fevered imagination might conjure. The REALITY is a scheme like yours would not work.

H
I have to disagree with you. How is everything working against a single dad and not a single mother. A single mother would face the same obstacles that a man would. There is nothing a female can do that a man cant do with the exception of nursing and that isnt necessary. We dont, to my knowledge, have any stats on the sucess of single dads vs. single moms. What criteria would you consider prevailing?

Darkatts idea might work best if the mother took the first 9 yrs. and the father the next tho.
But again you cant force people to be decent parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies