Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
None of us were there to see the annointed one being born in the US were we! so he either is, or he was't.

What is the big deal, even if he was not, more then half of you would not care anyways, so is this a big deal, you would talk yourself out of the truth if it were.

For those of you saying he was, do you have hard facts, is there hard facts he was, he wasn't. The point is in Obama's case, i can see the great length people would go thru to cover up. One look, just take a look at the ***** foot media when it comes to Obama. All they do is kiss his ass.
You know, I wasn't there to see you being born, does that mean I can question you being born in the US....heck, while we are at it, I was never there for any of our presidents when they were born so does that mean all of them could of been born outside of the US? See how silly your statement is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 11:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,129,026 times

Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,267,390 times
Birthers need to let it go for three reasons.

1) Every mainstream media outlet has disproven birther claims long ago
2) Obama only has a little more than three years left
3) If there was any truth to any birther conspiracies, the Left wouldn't care

The first reason is the most important. Unless birthers can come up with new evidence that hasn't already been debunked numerous times by the mainstream media, they have absolutely nothing and you clearly have to question their racist intent.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,253,742 times
More stupid republican pet tricks!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Opinions are worth about what you paid for them. Stand up and take a hard look at the options, the facts , the arguments, discussions, the experts who have the paper to back them up ( their credentials ) and the real world around us. You won't find it in Religion, but what you will find is the lies, untruths, fabricated facts, that just must be true. You heard it on Fox News ! If they want to call their talk shows and panels entertainment, use the disclaimer fact and fiction, but no, they do not, thats where the rub comes in and why I call it brainwashing, there are a lot of sheep out there who want someone or some thing to follow, they are easy marks , and yes they seem to all come from the far right. I think its gone far behond just politics, its become dangerous and irresponsible. !
I would agree on some of your points, but you give little credence with regard to the sheeple who follow the likes of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Mother Jones, and the slew of liberal media that dwarf FOX. It's quite a leap to bash a single primary news agency (simply because it's the polar opposite of your views) and ignore every other left-leaning source. That is being a hypocrite and self-righteous.

If you don't possess the ability to see the hypocrisy on all sides, you have little credibility when calling out just one. You and your ilk are content fomenting hatred, for hates sake.

As for this stupid regurgitation of birth place: I'm more inclined to call out Obama and his administration for the horrific record they've amassed. With all of the cover-ups, drone attacks, chipping away at rights, corruption, and cronyism, I could'nt care less where he was born.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-01-2013 at 12:28 PM..

Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,474,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
None of us were there to see the annointed one being born in the US were we!
nope, that's why the government maintains vital records.

Quote:
For those of you saying he was, do you have hard facts,.....
yep.

Barack Obama Was Born in Hawaii

Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times
[quote=carterstamp;29375431].[quote]

Yes, there is power of stupid people in large groups.
Very astute, if you mean the wave that put Obama into office (twice, yet)!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times
This is a perfect example of wanting so desperately to believe something that it distorts your sense or reality. Any rational person would listen to that clip and easily understand that she saying NPR won't cover the birther movement because it is a proven fact that Obama was born in Hawaii, just as it is a proven fact that the earth is round.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I would agree on some of your points, but you give little credence with regard to the sheeple who follow the likes of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, Mother Jones, and the slew of liberal media that dwarf FOX. It's quite a leap to bash a single primary news agency (simply because it's the polar opposite of your views) and ignore every other left-leaning source. That is being a hypocrite and self-righteous.

If you don't possess the ability to see the hypocrisy on all sides, you have little credibility when calling out just one. You and your ilk are content fomenting hatred, for hates sake.

As for this stupid regurgitation of birth place: I'm more inclined to call out Obama and his administration for the horrific record they've amassed. With all of the cover-ups, drone attacks, chipping away at rights, corruption, and cronyism, I could'nt care less where he was born.
I am not one sided, I am not ignoring the truth, thats the problem. Fox News is a tool of the right wing, nothing more. I do listen on occasion, its hard to take, they out right lie period ! As to MSNBC , yes its a pleasant place to get our information. Its rare that things do get buy fact check, but it does happen. Morning Joe is not all left ether. Joe S. is republican he often talks from the other side. CNN they are all screwed up. If you think Wolf B. is left, your wrong.
I hate to say the word fair and balances ( as does Fox) cause it does not exist..The Republicans are famous for trying to screw around with the truth. They use the black is white white is black enough times that someone will bite. Your statement " hatred for hate's sake" is a good example. You clearly have things turned around.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
No--then they'll move into how they're SURE that she's gay, how they have ABSOLUTE EVIDENCE that she killed Vince Foster, yadda yadda yadda. It's a sickness. What kind of craziness does it take to ignore real data and information and to create your own "facts" instead?
A special, right-winged craziness. At least - it's entertaining. Heck, it was the whole Clinton-Lewinsky affair that kept me glued to Fox News (yes, Fox) and got me interested in politics to begin with.

And - solidified my affiliation with the Democratic party. Because Newt and Delay just seemed batshyte crazy during that whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies