Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
George Bush hates people and loves money
Seriously now...... Do you really believe that he hates people.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 02:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,324,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Seriously now...... Do you really believe that he hates people.?
Yes, I really do believe that he hates the common working american (pretty much everyone except for people in his circle)

Old 11-07-2007, 02:24 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
The President may have learned his ways at his mother's knees. I was very surprised, then saddened at some of Ms. Bush's remarks during and after Katrina and the evacuation of New Orleans.

Quote:
Yes, I really do believe that he hates the common working american (pretty much everyone except for people in his circle)

Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Which fraud would that be? North Philadelphia? Chicago? Or the late mailing of ballots overseas disenfranchising our servicemen and women?
Those don't count

Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
I am not sure he hates them as such ( that would require time, thought and effort to think of them at all) but I certainly believe he does not care at all whether they live or die. They are expandable to him. Pure and simple. But
I guess that is true of many politicians too, on both sides of the fence if one is to be honest. We are as useful and important as our votes.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
Default Wow, Hugo ...

Greetings !
I generally just review these blogs and move on when I've finished, but I'm gonna change my rules this one time, and reply.

I really can't believe what I'm hearing here. Most of you sound as if you are tired of this country. Consider this, if you were living under Chavez rule, one thing for damn sure, you (we) wouldn't be shooting our mouths off about how lousy our president is, be it Bush or any other U.S. president, openly, with out fear of reprisal from the government.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and go out on a limb by suggesting that the majority of you who read this, don't bother to vote come election time. I didn't for years either, but I'm old enough now to have seen my share of lousy government elected officials, and the only way to correct that is by voting.

So, as you continue on praising Chavez and dissing Bush, remember, we elect our presidents every 4 years, while Chevez wants in it for life.

Which do you think you would prefer ? Unanimous no doubt. We all like it here enough to stay. And if we don't .... moving is our choice. That's another thing Chavez doesn't allow... Choice. Just ask anyone living under his rule and educated. Bad place to be smart.

Please people, just spend a moment before you speak in blogs to think about the entire issue. Bush my be a nut at times, but he has also done plenty of good as well. I'm certainly not implying that their's an equal balance here, just that he's trying to do the job that he was elected to do.(kind of) I seriously don't think any of you would honestly want to trade places and live under Chavez rule. It ain't as cherry as you might think.

I hope you all have a pleasant thanksgiving. Cheers!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,282 times
on the contrary. It 's the educated citizens that are being mistreated. Many are attempting to leave the state. Chavez threatens their families that are left behind.
Not a good man.

Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGris View Post
on the contrary. It 's the educated citizens that are being mistreated. Many are attempting to leave the state. Chavez threatens their families that are left behind.
Not a good man.
According to the Corporate Media of this country. The Corporatists are scared of the working classes being empowered as a threat to their rule. It's obvious that the "mainstream" media would spin it in favor of their masters.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:17 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Quote:
Swallow the swill. Under the rule of the Oligarchy, only the children of the Oligarchy had access to education. Under Chavez, more than three thousand new schools have opened. More than a million Venezuelan children attend regular schools (that provide regular meals) for the first time. State support for teachers and professors has been more than tripled.

Quote:
Not a good man.
You don't know Venezuela, and you don't know Hugo Chavez. Just as you don't know Gustavo Cisneros, Marcel Granier, or Alberto Federico Ravel and the deeds that they do. All you know is what the Oligarchy and its neocon allies in the US tell you. Pretty flimsy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies