Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:24 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Chavez supporters should pack it up and move to Venezuela! If it is SO terrible in the U.S. why not just move to where it's wonderful? I doubt any of you would be missed...
Why so arrogant in that you think just because Bush is the American President everyone has to agree with him over another countries' President? God gave everyone a brain for purposes of "thinking", "rationalizing", etc. Therefore, just because a person might agree with some of the things Chavez has to say, doesn't make them un-American but in your eyes, I suppose it makes them a "terrorist threat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So having read some books makes you a good person to lead a country? Thanks, that explains a lot. Ted Kaczynski read a lot books.
Reading is fundamental. Unfortunately in America's case, we have a President that's a complete and utter I-DOT, who is incapable of even reading a prepared speech Furthermore, if Chavez is incapable of leading his country, then that is his countrys' problem, not ours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 10:38 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Did you say numerous celebrities? Well, that seals it for me.

Up until now I didn't know what I was going to do for the next election.

I say we get a "Draft Hugo in '09'" movement going.

"Wego with Hugo or Nogo". Catchy, ain't it.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:47 AM

397 posts, read 264,625 times
I hate Bush with a Passion, Chavez seems intent on doing something for the people, Bush only seems to care about the millionares and billionares

I have such hatred for Bush and all the Republicans I can not describe it, such hatred

Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
I hate Bush with a Passion, Chavez seems intent on doing something for the people, Bush only seems to care about the millionares and billionares

I have such hatred for Bush and all the Republicans I can not describe it, such hatred
If what you say is true, you should get help. I can't imagine feeling a deep hatred for anyone based upon the ebb and flow or swinging pendulum of politics.

Definitely not healthy for self, or worse, others if you're prone to acting out your hostilities.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:04 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Chavez supporters should pack it up and move to Venezuela! If it is SO terrible in the U.S. why not just move to where it's wonderful? I doubt any of you would be missed...
Ha Ha good one! Maybe we can collect funds to purchase one-way tickets?

Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
It seems that U.S. support for Hugo Chavez is growing. . . A major news network recently reported that numerous American celebrities . . . are thowing their support behind the Venezulan leader Hugo Chavez.
Aw the ole celebrity endorsement. Do you know the majority of celebrities have high school educations? People we should definiately aspire to emulate. You know they aren't shallow and attention seeking or anything like that.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Viva Chavez! Viva Chavez!

Viva anyone that makes aristocrats sweat.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Most sexually transmitted diseases are more popular than Bush. Ask most folks why they despise Chavez and your response is likely to be something issued from the White House press briefing. 99% of Americans only knowledge of Chavez comes in the from what they are told by those hostile to him.

"A public that hears only praise and no criticism will predictably answer "yes" to pollsters who ask whether the President is doing a good job."
-- Mark Weisbrot

Same holds true for the contrary.

Chavez is far from a ray of sunshine but if people are afraid of this guy then they are obedient and gutless cowards who play sunshine patriots of BBS sites while fantasizing about Ann Coulter getting a sex change.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:28 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Viva Chavez! Viva Chavez!

Viva anyone that makes aristocrats sweat.
Until they become aristocrats themselves.

Then you love em more than ever, dontcha?

Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Yeldaf and others -

Nope!

I have never trusted aristocrats and never will because power and privilege bring fear of loss and that brings on the tyrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies