Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2013, 05:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Because your belief that the earth was created in 7 days by an invisible deity is based on ignorance. Prove that the earth was created by a god. Prove that man was created in a single day. I've asked for this proof numerous times but to date, NO ONE has presented any. On the other hand there is ample proof that the earth is billions of years old and man is the result of millions of years of evolution. I know you don't like to hear that but it's an OBSERVABLE fact.
Why do you do things like this? I stated no belief. I never discussed how old the earth is. Do you want to go back and discussed what I actually said or do you just want to continue your obfuscation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of FORTRAN View Post
That discusses an evolution from a common ancestor of like species. The evidence is stronger that as the article notes, all cats be it a house cat, a lion or a puma all evolved from a single cat. The problem comes in when we try and describe where the first cat came from.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen only that it's an unproven theory that many take as faith that it happened that way.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:15 AM

196 posts, read 115,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Has there ever been a question, that had a scientific answer (however inadequate), but for which now the best answer is a religious one?
I've never seen anything in my lifetime which couldn't be explained or answered with good logic, reasoning and circumstances. I do not believe in devine intervention nor do I believe a 2000 year old fairy tale about walking on water or turning it into wine. Those who do are brainwashed or naive...in my opinion.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Wikipedia is not a valid source.
You would say that about ANY source because you willfully ignore reality. There are volumes of data and observable artifacts that document the fossil history of the earth in universities and labs all over the world and you ignore all of it to prop up your fantasy world. Any time someone asks you to provide proof to back up your claims you conveniently sidestep the question and never answer it.

It's plain for all to see that you simply cannot prove a deity created the earth, let alone man so let me give you another challenge, one that SHOULD be easier for you: prove Wikipedia is a completely invalid source of information.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
You would say that about ANY source because you willfully ignore reality. There are volumes of data and observable artifacts that document the fossil history of the earth in universities and labs all over the world and you ignore all of it to prop up your fantasy world. Any time someone asks you to provide proof to back up your claims you conveniently sidestep the question and never answer it.

It's plain for all to see that you simply cannot prove a deity created the earth, let alone man so let me give you another challenge, one that SHOULD be easier for you: prove Wikipedia is a completely invalid source of information.
Don't hold your breath. One thing that all ancient god worshipers can't stand is cold, hard facts. Their childhood brainwashings don't accomodate that.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:59 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Why is it that when anyone is in a situation in which they are out of all hope...including the worlds greatest scientists, we all say one thing..."Oh God Help Me!

Including all the great scientific minds posting here...Some time in life they say it...Because they have no answer nor any one else to turn to, and they are downright frightened of the outcome they are facing...with themselves or a loved one..

Then it's different, isn't it?....there's nothing left to do but hope for a miracle...asking "Oh God Help Me!"
You left out "There are no atheists in foxholes".

I'll just point out that most of the people I know are atheists and they never say "god help me".

Old 05-05-2013, 10:45 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier of FORTRAN View Post
Do you wish you were around for the crazy days of orgone chambers and poor ethical controls?
Psychology has indeed come a long way!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Science "practitioners", riddle me this....

Has there ever been a (or a LOT of) scientific explanation(s) or theory that you simply didn't have the capacity and/or the resources to test?

But simply BELIEVED it?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Science "practitioners", riddle me this....

Has there ever been a (or a LOT of) scientific explanation(s) or theory that you simply didn't have the capacity and/or the resources to test?

But simply BELIEVED it?
There is no scientific explanation unless it can be tested and verified. Until that happens it's called a hypothesis.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
There is no scientific explanation unless it can be tested and verified. Until that happens it's called a hypothesis.
Don't confuse them. Next thing you know they will look up the meaning of hypothesis and no telling what kind of doors that might open for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies