Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,105,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
And yet more self-absorbed narcissism.

I hate to break this to you, you industrious right-wing job creators who post here at all hours of the day when those of us gainfully employed are otherwise occupied: Given the statistics I have seen, those gay couples make more than four and five of y-o-u together make. In all likelihood, some of their wealth is being transferred to you Rockefellers, rather than the other way around.
"yet more self-absorbed narcissism"

Your post is probably the most shining example of "self-absorbed narcissism" that I have ever seen. Thanks for labelling so appropriately.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is people like you that are costing us gay people money, lots of money, we do not get the benefits that go with marriage, we are not immune to being fired for being gay, we cannot sponsor foreign spouses, our children do not get the same as your kids do. It is you that are sucking up all the money that we gay people pay into. Do not like gay marriage, don't have one, but to say that we do not deserve anything back from what we pay into is ignorant.
"our children" does not compute...
Next thing, you gays will be wanting to adopt children, or even use others to produce children you want to raise.

Nothing Natural about that.

Did you not get the memo?:
TPTB are promoting this new fashion for gay marriage because they think it will get the birth rate down. The previous memo from the elites was about the need for population reduction, and they see you-lot as part of the solution.

(On behalf of TPTB: "Get with the program, or back into the closet with you!")

Last edited by Geologic; 05-20-2013 at 11:01 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
"yet more self-absorbed narcissism"

Your post is probably the most shining example of "self-absorbed narcissism" that I have ever seen. Thanks for labelling so appropriately.
Ah, the old, "I know you are, but what am I" defense.

Why don't you tell me what "narcissism" means within the confines of your brain?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
"our children" does not commute...
Next thing, you gays will be wanting to adopt children, or even use others to produce children you want to raise.

Nothing Natural about that.
So?

Lots of hetero couples adopt and/or use other procedures (IVF, surrogacy) to create a family.

Is that "natural" per your definition?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Quote:
Gay Marriage: it's about Your money going into Gay pockets

They want to get in in the gravy train of more state benefits, just when our country is nearly bankrupt.

The Brits have begun to notice...

Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill and cost taxpayer ...

The Independent - ‎1 hour ago‎

Moves to legalise gay marriage cleared a crucial parliamentary hurdle as it emerged that civil partnerships could be abolished as the price for getting David Cameron's plans on to the statute book.
I'm in a heterosexual marriage and I don't get any state benefits from being married, so I'm trying to figure out what benefits I would get if I were in a gay marriage.

Explain.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You as a single hetero man can marry the woman you fall in love with, get the benefits that gay people are also paying into, you can get the safe gaurds with marriage, we cannot. None of that is fair, nor is it equal representation by the government. Why should we pay for heterosexuals getting benefits and not get any when we get married? Traditional marriage no longer exists. Hardly 50% of straight marriages last, why should they get benefits with their second, third, fourth and counting marriages and we get zilch. As far as I am concerned all of you straight people can just put your marriages where the sun don't shine.
Where did you come from, a test tube?
Perhaps if you did, I might have some sympathy (But on second thought, maybe not.) The natural and social arrangements that brought gays onto this planet require some payback. But don't try to pass your bills

BTW, how much do "gay diseases" (no specifics mentions) rob from straight taxpayers?. If you stop the nonsense about the "costs of hetero marriage", then I will go to your big fat ugly achilles heal.

BTW, I do agree that marital benefits should not flow the same time after the second divorce - but maybe everyone should be entitled to one mistake; after that, it's a pattern.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So?

Lots of hetero couples adopt and/or use other procedures (IVF, surrogacy) to create a family.

Is that "natural" per your definition?
No.
I don't think surrogacy should be used by anyone.
IVF, I still have an open mind towards, but haven't made up my mind yet.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I'm in a heterosexual marriage and I don't get any state benefits from being married, so I'm trying to figure out what benefits I would get if I were in a gay marriage.
Explain.
This issue is important.
But as usual, in the Dumbed-Down country that American has become, it gets swept under the rug, as if it did not matter. (You cannot look a political incorrect statistic "straight in the eye" - How ridiculous that is!)

At least in the UK, they are discussing it - and THAT Is why I started this thread - not just to irritate the gay posters here, although that has been an interesting (but not very surprising) side effect.

So what are they saying in the UK?:

Is the £4bn figure accurate?

It is possible that allowing straight couples to enter civil partnerships would cost a significant amount. One of the reasons why gay rights campaigners want access to marriage is because it offers more generous pension entitlements.
The £4bn figure was first touted last week by the DWP pensions minister Steve Webb, who believed the liability would follow as the government would be forced to change the pensions rules. These currently discriminate against those in civil partnerships. If the positions were equalised, couples currently in civil partnerships would benefit from uprated pensions should their partner die. In effect it would be untenable under pensions rules for some straight couples in civil partnerships to get different treatment from straight couples in marriages.
If this change occurred, all those currently in civil partnerships – who the government is assuming would not otherwise bother to convert their legal status to marriage – would also end up getting better pension settlements when their partners die.

/source: Gay marriage: would legalising straight civil partnerships really cost £4bn? | Society | The Guardian

Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Ah, the old, "I know you are, but what am I" defense.
Why don't you tell me what "narcissism" means within the confines of your brain?
I don't need to define it - The content of your post did that superbly.
And I thanked you for it already.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
No, just a typical night on the C-D forum. As light is to moths, so is this forum to angry, bitter, self-loathing middle-aged white dudes who think minorities are constantly coming for their stuff.
Do I sound angry, or any of the other things on your list?
If so, do not leave off: "intelligent, questioning, and clear-thinking, with little tolerance for politically correct B/S."

Last edited by Geologic; 05-20-2013 at 10:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies