Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
"Everyone the same" ?

So for you:
+ Two people who are "just friends" can marry, and so can:
+ Three person and larger marriages work

How about a union with a pet?
Do they get the same rights?
Whoops......here we go.

When they realize they're losing the argument, they take that brainless detour to the absurd - bestiality.

Coming up next - incest.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't reason with irrational, ignorant bigots.

Twelve states (and the District of Columbia)............and counting.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Did I call it or did I call it? Somebody owes me a gold star.
Yup - you called it.

And not to give you your due, but they really are predictable.

I'm still reading through the last couple of pages of this thread and I'm not quite to the end yet. Has the OP mentioned incest yet?

Well, I'm off to find out.........

Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,648,815 times
Quote:
Did I call it or did I call it? Somebody owes me a gold star.
Well done! You know your trolls.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
I am against Gay Marriage - and many more will be too, when they get past the fog in the MSM,
and see what gays are really asking for - IT IS ABOUT MONEY

(If not, then please explain why not - instead of attacking the sanctity of real marriage)

BTW, I am getting a rush of postive Reputational comments on this, but maybe those who agree are afraid to make their views public, for fear of appearing Political Incorrect...

MESSAGE to them: Get over it! (the desire to appear politically correct, that's for zombies and sheeple), let's come out against this expensive nonsense, before the country really is bust.
It's also about the intense desire to have their lifestyle choices accepted by, and endorsed by society.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's also about the intense desire to have their lifestyle choices accepted by, and endorsed by society.
Actually, no it's not. They just don't want to be discriminated against by the federal government. If the fed never stuck its' nose in marriage then this would not be an issue. If the fed did not grant benefits and privileges based on marriage this would not be an issue. If the fed did not deny marital benefits to married homosexuals this would not be an issue.

If the fed wants to grant benefits then the fed cannot discriminate against people.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If they're heterosexual they can do so now. And probably do.

Did you know that a married couple who both worked and paid into SS get 3/4 of the monthly payments they would get as 2 singles? I know older couples who have decided to live together instead of marry due to this penalty. In a case like this (and with 2 earner couples being the majority these days they are the norm) there is a savings to SS for each married couple. You pointed out the so-called costs. Must have missed this savings.

The bottom line is, treating everyone the same is the right thing to do.
As long as we destroy the definition and function of marriage and replace it with a blank slate, then it becomes whatever anyone wants it to be. Which is exactly what gay marriage is doing.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:

What lifestyle choice?

The choice to get married?

I SUPPOSE that's what straight folks are doing when they decide to get married.... but I'm not really seeing the issue?

Or are you going balls-to-the-wall into full on ignoramus mode by trumpeting the canard of "gay is a choice." If so, please do us a favor and read a damn book.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
As long as we destroy the definition and function of marriage and replace it with a blank slate, then it becomes whatever anyone wants it to be. Which is exactly what gay marriage is doing.

Oh? How?

We now have over a decade of empirical data to draw from, in this country and elsewhere.

Show the work that leads you to the conclusion highlighted above.

If, however, "showing your work" involves drawing a picture of your rear-end (which is where I suspect you have obtained your argument), save it.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Actually, no it's not. They just don't want to be discriminated against by the federal government. If the fed never stuck its' nose in marriage then this would not be an issue. If the fed did not grant benefits and privileges based on marriage this would not be an issue. If the fed did not deny marital benefits to married homosexuals this would not be an issue.

If the fed wants to grant benefits then the fed cannot discriminate against people.
Marriage has always been a state issue, it was the gay marriage movement who have been trying to turn it in a federal issue, to get the federal courts to redefine marriage for the entire nation, just like was done with abortion.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Marriage has always been a state issue, it was the gay marriage movement who have been trying to turn it in a federal issue, to get the federal courts to redefine marriage for the entire nation, just like was done with abortion.

The Feds involved themselves in marriage by providing over 1000 benefits, protections, and considerations for a legal civil marriage. They further involved themselves with the passing of DOMA.
AND
Loving V Virginia was decided by the Feds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies