Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight--liberals spit venom and call Americans who want smaller and more fiscally responsible government nasty names because:

1. Unlikeable people like the Koch's donated to some Tea Party groups (but George Soros is okay on the other side);
2. Politicians who were elected with Tea Party support turned out to be liars who got elected for their own reasons (which NEVER happens anywhere else);
3. The movement got "used" by Republican politicians who did not believe in what the Tea Party wanted (as if we have a CHOICE when all Republican candidates carry the same drawbacks--excessive Defense spending and failure to reduce gov't--but at least pretend to try and minimize increases to our ridiculous tax bills).

So, in effect, you hate the Tea Party because it ISN'T the Tea Party?

And if that is true, could someone here actually be honest and say why you violently hate the group of Americans who think government has grown far too big for the working class to afford and want a better nation for their kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
...as if we have a CHOICE when all Republican candidates carry the same drawbacks--excessive Defense spending and failure to reduce gov't--but at least pretend to try and minimize increases to our ridiculous tax bills.)
ALL Republican candidates?

Did you forget about Ron Paul? He (along with Gary Johnson) was the ONLY candidate who wanted to cut military spending and reduce government.

And Republican voters were too infatuated with Romney the leftist to know any better.

Quote:
So, in effect, you hate the Tea Party because it ISN'T the Tea Party?
Like I said, the Tea Party hasn't been the Tea Party for 5 years. It was rapidly taken over by Statists. The TP nowadays stands for war, social issues, and being anti-Obama, instead of being pro-liberty, anti-State, and anti-war.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
I support their right to be hypocrites and make complete fools of themselves in public.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I support their right to be hypocrites and make complete fools of themselves in public.
Weak sauce, very weak.

Independent thought is great, try it........honestly.

That means no party..............just you.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Weak sauce, very weak.

Unlike tea party types, I voted third party.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Obama has made many mistakes, but calling him a monkey who doles out welfare is not going to win any sane person over.

But by all means, wear your stupid outfits with the teabags hanging. It's a free nation

Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Tea Party Patriots

I support the tea party movement and i don't understand all the disrespect people give towards the Tea party?

What is ironic is that most of the hate comes from so called "liberals" who what i thought were for equality?
I support the original TEA Party movement of the 1970s. I do not support what this new generation of "tea party" thieves are doing in its name.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I support the original TEA Party movement of the 1970s. I do not support what this new generation of "tea party" thieves are doing in its name.
The face of the new tea party comes from your town.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Weak sauce, very weak.

But the Tea party only support Republican candidates. No green, Conservative,Constitutional..... party members, but only republicans.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The face of the new tea party comes from your town.
No, it does not. These thieves who stole the TEA Party name are irrational Ron Paul fanatics who are as dishonorable as Democrats when it comes to politics. They pretend to be Republicans or at least conservatives, and will say or do anything to win, legal or not. That is why they are "fanatics."

Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
no real hate for the tea party that i've seen on this site, I have seen them being mocked but that is mainly due to the politicians who ran under the tea party ticket and won. After all you had crazy people like allen west run, same with bachmann. Also i tend to dislike them not because of what they supposedly stand for but the simple fact they try passing themselves off as a grassroots movement. Yet they were being bankrolled by the billionaire Koch brothers who are the biggest wastes of money and life this country has to offer.
+1 that's the way I see it too...they are no different than any other outfit owned by big business..repubs and dems are the same...meet the new boss,same as the old boss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies