Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 10:34 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Try buying a loaf of bread at fascist grocery stores WITHOUT corn syrup or aluminum.

You'll need your reading glasses, and time, lots of time.
Is that a new grocery store chain?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Is that a new grocery store chain?
It ain't Ma and Pa.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
I'm looking at the loaf of sourdough I bought today. Nope, no corn syrup or aluminum. I must be shopping at the wrong fascist store. Does yours take coupons?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
This is odd. Under the non-gmo shopping guide, they list Simply Soy Yogurt under Dairy. I thought soy was gmo. Under bread, they don't have one listing.
http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/b...-products.html

Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm looking at the loaf of sourdough I bought today. Nope, no corn syrup or aluminum. I must be shopping at the wrong fascist store. Does yours take coupons?
Maybe the sourdough that originated your bread came from the 50s.

Sourdough starter age | The Fresh Loaf

Old 05-27-2013, 12:46 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,946 times
Lightbulb Thanks Claud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is odd. Under the non-gmo shopping guide, they list Simply Soy Yogurt under Dairy. I thought soy was gmo. Under bread, they don't have one listing.
Alternative Dairy Products

From what I have researched, there is a small % of soy that is non GMO, I personally would still stay
away from it....

I have given up on corn & soy, even if it states non GMO....With corn it can get
contaminated by the GMO crops nearby

Also, something people do not realize, if I am not mistaken, is that you can have something organically grown but it could still come from a GMO seed

What you want is a GMO free seed as well as organically grown (without the use of roundup)

Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Here's more...

'Monsanto Laws' Would Take Away Right To Ban GMOs 'Monsanto Laws' Would Take Away Right To Ban GMOs A Growing Stake In The Biotech Crops Debate
Senate Shoots Down GMO Labeling Bill

Cattle Now Being Fed Cookies and Candies Instead of Real Food
Cattle on a Diet of MSG, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, and GMOs
It is important to understand that almost all corn in the United States is genetically modified. Therefore, the ‘traditional’ factory farm diet of corn or grain is certainly not a safe option. It is, however, arguably better than 100% processed junk food that contains not just genetically modified organisms but ingredients like:
• High-fructose corn syrup
• MSG
• Hydrogenated oils
• Pesticides, herbicides, insecticides
• Acrylamides
• Artificial flavorings
• Artificial colorings
• Artificial sweeteners (like asapartame)

Read more: Cattle Now Being Fed Cookies and Candies Instead of Real Food

Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 AM

And then there's the other Monsanto gift ...rBGH:

Banned in 27 Countries, Monsanto's rBGH In Dairy Products

Milk: Over 30 scientific publications have shown increased levels of
IGF-1 in milk with rBGH increases risks of breast cancer by up to
seven-fold, also increasing colon and prostate cancers risks. Canada,
29 European nations, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, New Zealand,
Australia, and South Africa ban U.S. rBGH dairy products. Bill's
USFDA put no restrictions, no warning labels (not allowing labels at
all).

Old 05-27-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The gov't simply takes Monsanto's word for it, that their products are safe. Yet, they don't serve this crap in their own cafeteria to their workers. Corporations buy our gov't, everybody knows .
An example of how Corporations have control over our gov't -- our own officials, in this case the Clintons, are in the thick of it:

"Monsanto's "good ole boy," (Clinton)… betrayed American families at the deepest levels conceivable - their family's health and their democratic right to know. He betrayed our rural life and American family farmers - backing corporation deceit and control, over honesty and clean farming."

General News 2/3/2008 at 10:48:49
AN OPEN LETTER TO HILLARY CLINTON FROM A WELLESLEY COLLEGE ALUMNA

"You have connections to Monsanto through the Rose Law Firm where you worked and through Bill who hired Monsanto people for central food-related roles. Your Orwellian-named "Rural Americans for Hillary" was planned with Troutman Sanders, Monsanto's lobbyists.

"Genetic engineering and industrialized food and animal production all come together at the Rose Law Firm, which represents the world's largest GE corporation (Monsanto), GE's most controversial project
(DP&L's - now Monsanto's - terminator genes), the world's largest meat producer (Tyson), the world's largest retailer and a dominant food retailer (Walmart).

"…You didn't just work there, you made friends. That shows in the flow of favors then and since. You were invited onto Walmart's board, you were helped by a Tyson executive to make commodity trades (3 days
before Bill became governor), netting you $100,000, Jackson Stephens strongly backed Bill for Governor, and then for President (donating $100,000)."

Read rest of the incriminating letter (written by a Democrat):
OpEdNews - Article: AN OPEN LETTER TO HILLARY CLINTON FROM A WELLESLEY COLLEGE ALUMNA

Old 05-27-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
An example of how Corporations have control over our gov't -- our own officials, in this case the Clintons, are in the thick of it:

"Monsanto's "good ole boy," (Clinton)… betrayed American families at the deepest levels conceivable - their family's health and their democratic right to know. He betrayed our rural life and American family farmers - backing corporation deceit and control, over honesty and clean farming."

General News 2/3/2008 at 10:48:49
AN OPEN LETTER TO HILLARY CLINTON FROM A WELLESLEY COLLEGE ALUMNA

"You have connections to Monsanto through the Rose Law Firm where you worked and through Bill who hired Monsanto people for central food-related roles. Your Orwellian-named "Rural Americans for Hillary" was planned with Troutman Sanders, Monsanto's lobbyists.

"Genetic engineering and industrialized food and animal production all come together at the Rose Law Firm, which represents the world's largest GE corporation (Monsanto), GE's most controversial project
(DP&L's - now Monsanto's - terminator genes), the world's largest meat producer (Tyson), the world's largest retailer and a dominant food retailer (Walmart).

"…You didn't just work there, you made friends. That shows in the flow of favors then and since. You were invited onto Walmart's board, you were helped by a Tyson executive to make commodity trades (3 days
before Bill became governor), netting you $100,000, Jackson Stephens strongly backed Bill for Governor, and then for President (donating $100,000)."

Read rest of the incriminating letter (written by a Democrat):
OpEdNews - Article: AN OPEN LETTER TO HILLARY CLINTON FROM A WELLESLEY COLLEGE ALUMNA
What the Anti-Christ is to believers, Hillary is to humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.