Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Sheriff Joe gets letter bomb -Story only covered locally- Thread dead with hardly a response.
Sheriff Joe found guilty of profiling- Hot news story- Thread alive and well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 09:51 AM

163 posts, read 240,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I will when you drop this "brown supremacist" BS. Racial profiling is illegal in the United States, get on the bus, or get left in the dust.
Big Joe violated Federal Law, get over yourself.

//www.city-data.com/forum/29701410-post91.html
Oh so in this case violating Federal Law is bad?

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if the illegal aliens AND our Federal government weren't already violating Federal law. Federal law says that you can't live, work or even BE in this country illegally but that doesn't seem to matter anymore when it concerns the illegals.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yes I am serious. Arpaio is not Sheriff of Arizona .... there is no such position. His jurisdiction does not extend outside of Maricopa County. Maricopa County is not on the border. Therefore, Arpaio cannot patrol the border (which is a federal responsibility anyway).

I am astonished that you cannot understand basic facts such as these.
The basic facts are that while Maricopa County may not sit right at the border the illegals,druggies,crooks and murderers don't stay there either. No, they travel as fast as they can to a major metro area to do whatever it is they are going to do.
Now as has been said repeatedly before, if good old Janet,Holder and Obama would actually do what the law says they need to do and stop the catch and release or the more recent "don't bother to catch" programs then Arpaio wouldn't have any reason to be out looking now would he?

Last edited by jimj; 05-27-2013 at 10:01 AM..

Old 05-27-2013, 10:03 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The basic facts are that while Maricopa County may not sit right at the border the illegals,druggies,crooks and murderers don't stay there either. No, they travel as fast as they can to a major metro area to do whatever it is they are going to do.
I was merely correcting another poster who had a somewhat erroneous comprehension of what Arpaio's job is and where his jurisdiction resides.

I am not a fan of Arpaio. Not because I disagree with his stance on illegal immigrants (although one can query his methods) but because I think he would be more effective if he spent less time on self-publicity and squabbling with other elected and non-elected officials and more time actually doing his job.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
What is sad about this story is that our Fed has done such a lousy job of securing the border and enforcing their own laws that states and cities have been forced to do it for them. The Fed then gets all high and mighty and complains that someone is doing it the wrong way.
The root cause of Sheriff Joe's actions is that our Fed Gov has failed miserably in their duties.
The left would have us believe that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. That illegals are all hard working honest people.
So honest people ignore the law? Do honest people commit fraud? Do honest people use another's identity with or without permission?
How many US citizens have been robbed, murdered or raped by an illegal?
The left would have us believe that we are racist if we advocate enforcement of our laws. We are racist if we call out that the vast majority of illegals come from south of the border.
Profiling is a tool. The FBI profiles for serial killers. Normally white males, played with fire as children, tortured animals, wet the bed etc.
When a serial killer is on the loose they aren't looking at 90 year old black males.
Arizona like the other border states are flooded with illegals. They have a very real problem and it costs them big money to deal with it. Money the Fed does not repay them for.
Cause and effect people. Sheriff Joe enjoys wide support because the FED isn't doing their jobs. Before the illegal situation he also received wide praise for how he ran his prison. Why? because honest people were tired of criminals being treated like they were VIP's.
Then you have the support network for illegals. Citizens who provide homes, food and other assistance in finding jobs for them. greedy employers and even more greedy home owners.
I travel to different countries a lot and unless it's an English speaking all white country I would be hard pressed to survive there alone with no money. These illegals enjoy a lot of support.
If he is profiling then I blame the FED for failing in their duties.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I was merely correcting another poster who had a somewhat erroneous comprehension of what Arpaio's job is and where his jurisdiction resides.

I am not a fan of Arpaio. Not because I disagree with his stance on illegal immigrants (although one can query his methods) but because I think he would be more effective if he spent less time on self-publicity and squabbling with other elected and non-elected officials and more time actually doing his job.
Gotcha! I can't argue he's a media whor* and always has been. Guess you've got to take the good with the bad sometimes.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:25 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Where in my post did I mention "conviction"??? I understand direction by the court. My point is that this person is a LEO...he should know what tactics are constitutional and which are not.

I would hope Joe would know other constitutional rights and not to violate those.
No constitutional protections have been violated, the judge merely offers up guidance so as not to violate any protections. I gave the 7 he listed in an earlier post.

This case was to do nothing more then to get Arpaio to change his tactics, nothing more.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:12 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What is sad about this story is that our Fed has done such a lousy job of securing the border and enforcing their own laws that states and cities have been forced to do it for them. The Fed then gets all high and mighty and complains that someone is doing it the wrong way.
The root cause of Sheriff Joe's actions is that our Fed Gov has failed miserably in their duties.
The left would have us believe that illegal immigration is a victimless crime. That illegals are all hard working honest people.
So honest people ignore the law? Do honest people commit fraud? Do honest people use another's identity with or without permission?
How many US citizens have been robbed, murdered or raped by an illegal?
The left would have us believe that we are racist if we advocate enforcement of our laws. We are racist if we call out that the vast majority of illegals come from south of the border.
Profiling is a tool. The FBI profiles for serial killers. Normally white males, played with fire as children, tortured animals, wet the bed etc.
When a serial killer is on the loose they aren't looking at 90 year old black males.
Arizona like the other border states are flooded with illegals. They have a very real problem and it costs them big money to deal with it. Money the Fed does not repay them for.
Cause and effect people. Sheriff Joe enjoys wide support because the FED isn't doing their jobs. Before the illegal situation he also received wide praise for how he ran his prison. Why? because honest people were tired of criminals being treated like they were VIP's.
Then you have the support network for illegals. Citizens who provide homes, food and other assistance in finding jobs for them. greedy employers and even more greedy home owners.
I travel to different countries a lot and unless it's an English speaking all white country I would be hard pressed to survive there alone with no money. These illegals enjoy a lot of support.
If he is profiling then I blame the FED for failing in their duties.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
Oh so in this case violating Federal Law is bad?

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if the illegal aliens AND our Federal government weren't already violating Federal law. Federal law says that you can't live, work or even BE in this country illegally but that doesn't seem to matter anymore when it concerns the illegals.
http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/arpaio_decision.pdf
Quote:
As is set forth below, in light of ICE’s cancellation of the MCSO’s 287(g)
authority, the MCSO has no authority to detain people based only on reasonable
suspicion, or probable cause, without more, that such persons are in this country without
authorization. The MCSO lost authority to enforce the civil administrative aspects of
federal immigration law upon revocation of its 287(g) authority. And, in the absence of
additional facts that would provide reasonable suspicion that a person committed a
federal criminal offense either in entering or staying in this country, it is not a violation of
federal criminal law to be in this country without authorization in and of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
No constitutional protections have been violated, the judge merely offers up guidance so as not to violate any protections. I gave the 7 he listed in an earlier post.

This case was to do nothing more then to get Arpaio to change his tactics, nothing more.
Yes they were, the 4th. and 14th. amendment, that is why the judge instructed MCSO to change their tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies