Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 01:37 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,393,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Most people consider running away, a non-provocation of attack.

Are you proposing that the "running away" was a luring tactic for the "provocation" to take place?

Was Zimmerman lured into self-defending himself?

Lurid.
Nothing more alluring to an Adderol-ated do-gooder's brain than using black meat for chumming.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,030,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off, you didn't KNOW this "child" so have no idea if he was the devils spawn or the poor little alter boy that's being portrayed.
I see statements like your's just a different type of discrimination, age. Just because he's young he's being assumed to be innocent.
Think about a rattlesnake, the young ones are more deadly that the adults if they bite you.

Oh, there are plenty of participants in this thread that make me think of rattlesnakes. They find amusement in the death of a teen, attack his grieving parents and try to deflect attention from the well-documented arrests of George Zimmerman for various reasons. For some it's naked racism, which is illustrated by their attempts to use Amos and Andy language, make jokes about the killing, and their seeming need to find that a 140 lb. kid who'd been 17 for two whole weeks was a "hulking thug." What a sorry way to treat a killing...he smoked some weed, he wrote "WTF" on his school locker, so clearly his death was not only justified but a service to society. Then there are the people who are using this tragedy to try and prevent SYG and CC laws being overturned...how cheap is human life compared to one's guns, after all? You think I'm discriminating based on age? Many people, including Det. Serino, consider a 17 year-old a child. Not old enough to vote or serve his country, but old enough to be called a "thug" and a "hood rat." We know your position...you posted it yourself. I could care less how you "see" my beliefs; I only care about the opinion of someone whose character, morals and intellect merit there being any cause to value their estimations.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,290,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, there are plenty of participants in this thread that make me think of rattlesnakes. They find amusement in the death of a teen, attack his grieving parents and try to deflect attention from the well-documented arrests of George Zimmerman for various reasons. For some it's naked racism, which is illustrated by their attempts to use Amos and Andy language, make jokes about the killing, and their seeming need to find that a 140 lb. kid who'd been 17 for two whole weeks was a "hulking thug." What a sorry way to treat a killing...he smoked some weed, he wrote "WTF" on his school locker, so clearly his death was not only justified but a service to society. Then there are the people who are using this tragedy to try and prevent SYG and CC laws being overturned...how cheap is human life compared to one's guns, after all? You think I'm discriminating based on age? Many people, including Det. Serino, consider a 17 year-old a child. Not old enough to vote or serve his country, but old enough to be called a "thug" and a "hood rat." We know your position...you posted it yourself. I could care less how you "see" my beliefs; I only care about the opinion of someone whose character, morals and intellect merit there being any cause to value their estimations.
Very well said.

(Couldn't rep you unfortunately.)

NO ONE knows what kind of future Trayvon may have had. He may very well have gotten past his growing pains and gone on to be a fine young man. It happens all the time.

But we will never know......because he never had a chance because a so-called "adult," who really should have known better, who due to drugs, alcohol, stupidity, lapse in judgement, or some personality flaw and/or psychological affliction, chose to take matters into his own hands.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:57 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,093,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There were no witnesses to the death of Travis Alexander, Jodi Arias claimed self defense and was still convicted. Martin had motive and was muttering about 'f--cking coons' and 'they always get away with it' during the chase, and has given conflicting accounts of what happened.
Arias case was a piece of cake for the prosecution... stabbed 27 times, throat slit and shot in the face.
TM was one shot once at typical self defense range.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:57 PM

23,824 posts, read 24,206,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
how cheap is human life compared to one's guns, after all?
I own my guns to protect human life, not to take it. If someone tries to get laws passed that will restrict or remove my rights in that regard, then I have no choice but to believe that THEY are the ones that don't respect life.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I own my guns to protect human life, not to take it. If someone tries to get laws passed that will restrict or remove my rights in that regard, then I have no choice but to believe that THEY are the ones that don't respect life.

Who's attacking you? And why should your right to own a firearm trump the right of other people to live and breathe? We have a gun for protection, but it's mostly because of rabid raccoons, not because we live in a siege mentality, fearing constantly some nebulous "if." I don't feel the need to trumpet the news from the rooftops or post pictures of it on the internet. It's here IN CASE, not BECAUSE.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,954,603 times
It seems to me there will be more pressure to pass restrictive gun laws if there is an acquittal.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,720,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What was debunked? Link please.
If you can't find it on your own, well.............

But I have the solution to your particular type of nonsense.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,393,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It seems to me there will be more pressure to pass restrictive gun laws if there is an acquittal.
You're probably right.

I'm more hoping there would be more scrutiny of legally-acceptable brain altering drugs, and more support for self-medicative use of pot.

Remember what kills people?

Last edited by Nonarchist; 06-05-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
If you can't find it on your own, well.............

But I have the solution to your particular type of nonsense.

katzpaw doesn't post nonsense, but everyone who's followed the various Trayvon Martin threads knows quite well whose posts are never anything but nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies