Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:06 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times

Advertisements

This is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
The last sentence of Starnes' article:

“The Soldier is not, and never has been, “facing retribution and punishment from the military for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his car, reading books written by conservative authors like Mark Levin and David Limbaugh, and serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at his promotion party,” the spokesperson added.

Much ado about nothing at all. There was no punishment, no retribution, nothing.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Interesting. I too have always felt that name-calling is the very foundation of disagreement. It is the rock upon which the sturdiest of arguments is built.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,767,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Interesting. I too have always felt that name-calling is the very foundation of disagreement. It is the rock upon which the sturdiest of arguments is built.
Pooping is also the foundation of needs but I wouldn't say morality is built on top of it. Of course we all need to keep pooping but for other needs we can evolve.

But if calling names is the same as pooping, I'll go with it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Needs.svg.png

YMMV

Old 06-11-2013, 07:18 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,767,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
This is nothing but smoke and mirrors.
The last sentence of Starnes' article:

“The Soldier is not, and never has been, “facing retribution and punishment from the military for having anti-Obama bumper stickers on his car, reading books written by conservative authors like Mark Levin and David Limbaugh, and serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches at his promotion party,” the spokesperson added.

Much ado about nothing at all. There was no punishment, no retribution, nothing.
Lawyers are good at writing loopholes. If the Sgt takes the Article 15 he is free to upload us a copy then we can diagram the sentences and pick apart the meanings.

I can spin all of those statements and in fact I am prepared to say they are literally true.

Remember, they didn't make that statement in order to fit the LOR. They will write the LOR to fit the statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies