Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
At what age?
What a moronic statement.
It's none of your business, absolutely none, what a woman chooses to do with her body.

Tell me, oh savior of the unwanted, how many have you adopted?
Do you support welfare, abused and unwanted kids?

Your comments are absolutely ridiculous.
I suggest that you read something that is actual science and take it from there.

You're now stating that no one other than those on the left have ever had an abortion.
Now you're looking just silly or purposely dense.

Whose slaughtering little children?
Could you be confused with the catholic pedophiles?

Why don't you answer my questions to provide support for your statements?
Or is it all emotional without facts?

Well Professor Brainsurgeon, it's not her body because it doesn't have her DNA.

It gets that at the moment of conception.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I hear this from stupid men all the time, they blame the woman for getting pregnant. Well, men have zippers on their pants and they can always use a condom. The fetus is not a child. Are you going to be one of the people adopting the additional 50,000 more unwanted children that would occur with abortion being stopped? Do something about the children already born and unwanted before worrying about aborted fetuses.

Personal responsibility still off the table?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Another supporter of institutionalized infanticide arguing some people aren't really people.

Dr. Mengele would be so proud.
Learn the difference between a fetus and an infant.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well Professor Brainsurgeon, it's not her body because it doesn't have her DNA.

It gets that at the moment of conception.
Can it live independent of her body?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
You have no proof of any of this because none of it is true.

Just propaganda.

According to Planned Parenthood 39 women died in 1972 while having an abortion, the last year it was illegal. Since there are millions more abortions a year now than in 1972 we can be sure lots more than 39 perish each year.
Hey, you were right! Anyone can use Google!

Quote:
ABORTION FATALITY

• In 2008, 12 women died as a result of complications from known legal induced abortion (CDC).
  • The number of deaths attributable to legal induced abortion was highest before the 1980s (CDC).
  • In 1972 (the year before abortion was federally legalized), a total of 24 women died from causes known to be associated with legal abortions, and 39 died as a result of known illegal abortions (CDC).
Facts About Abortion: U.S. Abortion Statistics

It appears that we can't be all that sure lots more than 39 perish each year after all. 12 is less than 39, or indeed 63. Trust me on this, I'm an engineer.

Quote:
How does making it legal make it any safer? A law can make an elective procedure safe? lols.
Use your imagination and a coat hanger, Captain Lol.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If it is in my body, and I don't want it there, yes, it is ok.
Then you agree it is killing?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Then you agree it is killing?
Nope. It is no more killing that removing a cancerous clump of cells is killing.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
I'm sure you'd much rather have Congress push amnesty for criminals through instead. What's dumb is the lefts insistence on polarizing every single statement and making broad us vs them statements. Want to know why nothing gets done in Congress? Look in the mirror.
Instead of focusing on creating laws after conception, why not do something about preventing unwanted pregnancy beforehand, something both sides agree on and should be working towards.

Speaking of polarizing, proposing laws that increase unwanted births, and closing clinics that offer contraception might fit the definition. Justifying a proposal for a 20 week ban by stating that there are not that many pregnancies from rape is the best way to make sure you have no credibility.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
I'm not a Republican and I don't speak for them.

I know plenty though. They provide their kids with food, protection, education, clothing, love, housing, transportation, etc......

Don't tell anyone though, it'll be our little secret.
Those are all the things that I hear Republicans talking about wanting to cut.

Here is an example what Republicans are doing for fetuses.

Republicans approve platform with strict anti-abortion language

Now here is how they treat babies that are already born.

The G.O.P.’s Abandoned Babies

House GOP spending cuts will devastate women, families and economy

Crying crocodile tears for fetuses, while cutting programs for already born babies, only proves how f-ed up conservative Republicans are.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
There is a lot more to carrying a pregnancy than watching what you eat and drink....but as a man.....it is pretty obvious why you can't appreciate that.

Typical man: "Whaaaaa....I have the flu.....I need to go to bed and you have to wait on me hand and foot." I can just imagine a man enduring pregnancy and childbirth.....and declaring it is just an "inconvenience".

Let's pass a law....when a man's SO is pregnant....they have to give up football, beer and guns for nine months. Let the whining begin.............
Thanks for being sexist and using stereotypes. The fact is I am sure men aren't as weak as you say. I don't need hand and foot waiting, I just need alone time when I am sick unless it is something super-serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
In which states have liberals passed laws that allow for double murder/manslaughter charges, and what gestational age does the fetus need to be?

I am perfectly fine with double charges after the point of viability, but not before then. Just like I am fine with abortion for any reason before viability, and after only in the case of medical necessity.
California does. Credit: Is Killing Pregnant Woman a Double Murder? - ABC News

I cannot find concrete evidence for other states.

Quote:
So it's okay to terminate a pregnancy at 3 months but not at 8???

Same result.

Why the difference?
At eight months, the baby COULD survive (albeit at a higher risk rate) if they were born at eight months old. a 3 month old would not.

Quote:
Well, if the kid or the mother is going to die during birth then abortion is the best option.

Don't think he/she was talking specifics though.
That is a different story and should be weighted in and made for possible exception rather than an across the board ban. I want abortions for rape, incest, and overall health of the mother. I don't want it to be used for birth control. There are cheaper options before and after that can be used that does not take up as much tax payer dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
A fetus isn't viable at 3 but is at 8. There's the difference. I'd rather it be legal than illegal and am not for caring for kids people didn't want. Yes there is birth control but nothing is fool proof. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that people will use abstinence as a rule either.
Agreed but we should cap it off at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies